Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT-Van Morrsion-Love Should Come With A Warning
Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: April 23, 2021 23:43

New from Van the Man! This really made my day. Probably my favorite new Van tune since his last new tune. So cool...enjoy, peace & stay safe.

Re: OT-Van Morrsion-Love Should Come With A Warning
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 24, 2021 00:17

Great thanks for posting......

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2021 04:55

Very nice.. excellent even.
Not sure how much of the anti mask nonsense is on the double album this one is being released on. Definitely would keep me from picking one up,

This is great though.

*edit
Great title song as well.

Shame the controversial stuff is on there, will impact sales etc, and as the title song speaks to, it mattering to him.

"The double album features “Dead Beat Saturday Night,” a song in which he expresses his feelings about the lockdown that includes the lyric “No life, no gigs, no choice, no voice.” He also addresses the evolution of social media on “Why Are You On Facebook?” Additionally,Latest Record Project: Volume 1 contains a track with the controversial title “They Own The Media.”
[www.jambase.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-24 05:05 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 24, 2021 05:55

MisterDDDD
Not sure how much of the anti mask nonsense is on the double album this one is being released on. Definitely would keep me from picking one up,

This is great though.

*edit

Shame the controversial stuff is on there, will impact sales etc, and as the title song speaks to, it mattering to him.

"The double album features “Dead Beat Saturday Night,” a song in which he expresses his feelings about the lockdown that includes the lyric “No life, no gigs, no choice, no voice.” He also addresses the evolution of social media on “Why Are You On Facebook?” Additionally,Latest Record Project: Volume 1 contains a track with the controversial title “They Own The Media.”
[www.jambase.com]

Exactly. I've lost a lot of love for Van the Man over his garbage behavior regarding the pandemic, but this is a fun little track.....indeed though, it seems like he's saying "hello, does anyone care anymore?".....well, less than I used to care, that's for sure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-24 21:13 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 24, 2021 07:57

I like Vans slant on the Pandemic. "No more lockdowns" This new tune is very good. Sounds like the same organist/keyboards man he has been working with for years.

Van Morrison, Live on Cyprus Avenue, Aug. 31, 2015 - 70th Birthday Show

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 24, 2021 14:35

Never liked his solo stuff. But he´s "anti-mask"? Now I have to change my mind and buy all of his records. A man with a mind of his own, apparently!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2021 14:43

Thems cover of It's All Over Now Baby Blue .... Cool

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 24, 2021 15:14

Bjorn
Never liked his solo stuff. But he´s "anti-mask"? Now I have to change my mind and buy all of his records. A man with a mind of his own, apparently!

The Nashville bomber had a “Mind of his own,” too. He believed there were lizards disguised as people, walking around. And he thought AT&T was spreading covid through 5G towers. Problematic thinking isn’t noble or admirable. Being proud of ignorance isn’t a positive thing. Even Ted Nugent recognizes the threat of covid. Let’s see what Van thinks if he gets it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-24 15:17 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: April 24, 2021 19:01

What an awesome tune.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2021 21:08

Let the anti-maskers buy his music. I know I will never go see him live again since there are bound to be higher risks of Covid and I don't want my money supporting his views on this.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 25, 2021 17:50

daspyknows
Let the anti-maskers buy his music. I know I will never go see him live again since there are bound to be higher risks of Covid and I don't want my money supporting his views on this.

But you are crossing the pond to catch Eric (who is a Morrison supporter and shares views with him as regards Covid) when he plays London aren’t you?

...just mumbling.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 25, 2021 17:57

Who cares what Van thinks about masks? He is an artist - not a scientist. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Date: April 25, 2021 19:16

RisingStone
daspyknows

But you are crossing the pond to catch Eric (who is a Morrison supporter and shares views with him as regards Covid) when he plays London aren’t you?

...just mumbling.

Not going this year. Clapton's position is more nuanced than Van's is.

And to answer Stonage's comment about who cares what Van thinks about masks. I do and so do may more. I won't give him any of my money. Others are free to do so.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2021 20:41

It's an OK tune...looking forward to hearing the rest and maybe buying the new album, even if it includes a tune (or two?) with misguided lyrics.
Van the rebel....maybe a bit misguided occasionally, but still a rebel...and with a great voice...

Whatever the case, glad to see him still active and productive...The Who, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, and now Van...
All musical heroes of mine, and still rolling along after all these years...

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: April 25, 2021 21:04

Right-On...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 26, 2021 17:33

I've never really understood the strong opinions towards musicians based on their views. Everyone is certainly right to have them, but political stuff and personal stuff... I don't know, I've never really cared who my favorite bands are voting for or other stuff like these COVID things. I may disagree with them, but I've never voted for someone because Bruce Springsteen told me to. Alternatively, IF I was a George W Bush supporter, I would never have left a, say, Roger Waters concert due to anti speech against those guys. Its 2 minutes of a show, and the rest is music I like. If I don't agree with them I tune that part out, but its not why I'm there and its not something I'd throw 40 years of a career down the toilet for. Just me.

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: April 26, 2021 21:24

Rockman

Yeah, probably the best ever cover of a Dylan song. I like the tongues on this one. Enjoy.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 26, 2021 21:26

RollingFreak
I've never really understood the strong opinions towards musicians based on their views. Everyone is certainly right to have them, but political stuff and personal stuff... I don't know, I've never really cared who my favorite bands are voting for or other stuff like these COVID things. I may disagree with them, but I've never voted for someone because Bruce Springsteen told me to. Alternatively, IF I was a George W Bush supporter, I would never have left a, say, Roger Waters concert due to anti speech against those guys. Its 2 minutes of a show, and the rest is music I like. If I don't agree with them I tune that part out, but its not why I'm there and its not something I'd throw 40 years of a career down the toilet for. Just me.

100% agreement thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 26, 2021 21:40

What I dislike the most is when you go to a live show and political comments are made for me it ruins the whole flow of the concert. And some live records now I won,t listen to because of the comments between songs - I hate that, just play the music and introduce the band thats all I want and have some interaction with band members and fans.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 26, 2021 21:55

gostonesforever
Rockman

Yeah, probably the best ever cover of a Dylan song. I like the tongues on this one. Enjoy.

Solid Dylan cover, for sure. Hard to beat "All Along The Watchtower," (Hendrix), "Wagon Wheel," (by everyone, it seems), "Maggie's Farm," (Rage Against The Machine)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-26 21:55 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: April 26, 2021 23:37

RollingFreak

Agree to a point.
That point is when they try to persuade public opinion with it as well as capitalize off of it, Van has dome both here.

At that point, a fan is kind of obligated/forced to take a position on it imo.
While I may like a lot of his new album for example, he throws two or three antimask or vax or government colluding w media conspiracy theory songs on it, and I vote with my $$.
I'm not lifting the needle every time to skip what I don't like on an album.

Glad to have seen him in concert, and would consider again, but while I could sit through a song or two etc by "tuning out",..I'd likely rather pass.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 26, 2021 23:54

He's pro freedom, not anti-mask.

Date: April 27, 2021 00:17

wonderboy
He's pro freedom, not anti-mask.

A bit of it is assumed as I've not heard all the "controversial" stuff on the upcoming release.

This seems more "anti-government" than "pro-freedom" to me (not necc a bad thing, but this is nonsense)
Also sounds more "anti-mask/lockdowns" et al before it veers into a legit conspiracy theory about the government's motives.

Van Morrison Has A Trio of Anti-Lockdown Protest Anthems
"No more lockdown/ No more government overreach/ No more fascist bullies/ Disturbing our peace/ No more taking of our freedom/ And our God given rights/ Pretending it’s for our safety/ When it’s really to enslave," he sings in the lyrics to "No More Lockdown.

The message on "As I Walked Out" has a similar cast, with the opening lines, "As I walked out/All the streets were empty/ The government said Everyone should stay home/ And they spread fear and loathing/ And no hope for the future/ Not many did question/ This very strange move."

Morrison isn't the only British rock star chafing against the coronavirus lockdown. Former Oasis guitarist/songwriter Noel Gallagher told podcast host Matt Morgan last week that he would not wear a mask while out shopping or riding public transit, saying, "There's too many f--king liberties being taken away from us now."
[www.billboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 00:46 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 27, 2021 00:35

MisterDDDD

This seems more "anti-government" than "pro-freedom" to me.

Same thing, really. The authorities are using fear to limit freedom.
And look, Van Morrison grew up working class in Northern Ireland listening to black music. That's pretty much a recipe for distrusting people in power.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 27, 2021 00:37

Van Morrison is a 75-year-old overweight male.. if he isn't scared of covid nobody should be

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 27, 2021 00:55

It is his prerogative to be a bit wayward. He's an artist. He has always been like that. He is not political. Artists never understand politics. He is just a bit odd.
As you would expect. And remember - he is knighted too. Sir Ivan Oddball. He is still a genius though.

Date: April 27, 2021 01:00

NilsHolgersson
Van Morrison is a 75-year-old overweight male.. if he isn't scared of covid nobody should be

Just proves you can't fix stupid. Covid affects more people than overweight 75 year old males.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2021 04:23

Stoneage
It is his prerogative to be a bit wayward. He's an artist. He has always been like that. He is not political. Artists never understand politics. He is just a bit odd.
As you would expect. And remember - he is knighted too. Sir Ivan Oddball. He is still a genius though.

Sir Ivan Oddball...lol...and yes a genius.thumbs up

I've seen him live a few times, including opening for the Stones a couple of times, and it's always great to be in the presence of his greatness.
And his lengthy musical catalogue dating back decades far outweighs any misstep he's made with his corona views, and can't imagine boycotting him for his opinions.
It's not like he's a dirty old man robbing the cradle dating 13 year old girls...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 27, 2021 07:01

MisterDDDD

This is great though.

*edit

[www.jambase.com]

I have no need to be chirped at by boring music with wrong opinions.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 27, 2021 15:49

Love Van and love how he and Eric took a stance against a total complete power grab by many politicians who failed to understand and follow the science. Florida Governor is one of the few that got it right...over tike this will all come out but for now media is still trying hard to scare you.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home