Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Heartbeat - British 60's TV series - and The Rolling Stones
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 23, 2021 12:12

I have been watching some of the old seasons of the British 60's TV series Heartbeat during the past year. They are great charming stories from the York area in England mid to late 60's, including music from that time frame.

Now they are replaying season one, supposed to be from the time frame around 1964/1965. There is a lot of Beatles music, also some of The Who, but absolutely no Stones. During the latest seasons like 16-18 there were a few Stones songs, not many. I just wonder why the Rolling Stones are missing completely from the start of the series, also hardly featured later on, even if they must have been quite dominant in England in general during those days.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-23 12:14 by bv.

Re: Heartbeat - British 60's TV series - and The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 23, 2021 13:07

My educated guess is that Allan Klein outpriced them... (I hear this has been an issue sometimes in TV history).

- Doxa

Date: April 23, 2021 13:09

Maybe the Rolling Stones at that time were ignored because of their anti-establishment attitude.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 23, 2021 13:14

But I liked the series back in the 90s (and still later when it was reshown here in Finnish tele), although I started to lose interest when the leading constables came and go and like the series starting to repeat themselves.... A nice, nostalgic vibe of the times. A great soundtrack - with or without the Stones - for sure. The Greengrass character was priceless!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-23 13:15 by Doxa.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 23, 2021 13:45

-And then there is the Endeavour series. -Not much music of the times there... We`ve got season 7, with only 3 episodes. Wasn`t that 1971? A season 8 is planned, but the possibility for more is highly uncertain.

Date: April 23, 2021 15:42

I’m pretty sure there was a Stones’ tongue poster displayed in one episode of Heartbeat which shocked me to the core as the series was set in the 1960s. Thankfully I made a full recovery after a week of sedation.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 23, 2021 23:02

I remember an episode where “Play with fire” was played

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 25, 2021 02:34

SonofHarlemShuffler
I’m pretty sure there was a Stones’ tongue poster displayed in one episode of Heartbeat which shocked me to the core as the series was set in the 1960s. Thankfully I made a full recovery after a week of sedation.

Your shock must have been because they used the Braun version and not the Pasche version? Or perhaps even one of Alan Aldridge's early drafts? <smile>

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 25, 2021 02:38

.... maybe it was a close up of an Indian poster

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2021 04:26

Doxa
My educated guess is that Allan Klein outpriced them... (I hear this has been an issue sometimes in TV history).

- Doxa

Thats probably the reason, I would think. It ran from 1992 to 2010, which is a long time for any show.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2021 05:35

Paddy
I remember an episode where “Play with fire” was played

Quoting myself grinning smiley
But I’m 100% certain “play with fire” was in an episode. I’ve noticed with certain UK series that the box set or dvd releases of certain shows either have songs in the original broadcast omitted or a different song in its place. I’ve noticed it most with Only Fools and Horses episode over the years. The licensing for broadcast is different to licensing for a release is my guess...

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: April 26, 2021 08:24

Claude greengrass and his go Alfred. thumbs up3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home