Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Sticky Fingers 50th Anniversary Collection coming April 23
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 25, 2021 14:31

Rockman
‘Brown Sugar’ adds irrefutable evidence to the case for The Rolling Stones as the greatest rock n’ roll band of all time. And I do mean all time, for it seems more and more unlikely with each passing year that we’ll ever see anyone even close to their like again. You could just as easily point at anything The Stones recorded from ‘Jumping Jack Flash’ up to Exile On Main St - and I would add 73’s Goats Head Soup to that pile, although many would argue that point. It is the greatest artistic purple patch in history; it might just be the greatest thing in history, full stop. Yes, there are a lot of nice paintings hanging up out there, Shakespeare had some good lines, there’s no denying it, democracy sounds good on paper, and modern medicine is a thing of wonder, but do any of them rock like The Stones?

Hey Yeah .... the guy can write ...

He certainly can; you should read the two pieces he wrote for Goats Head Soup last September. Wonderful stuff! One is linked I think in the piece on Sticky Fingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-25 14:32 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 25, 2021 16:14

Rockman
‘Brown Sugar’ adds irrefutable evidence to the case for The Rolling Stones as the greatest rock n’ roll band of all time. And I do mean all time, for it seems more and more unlikely with each passing year that we’ll ever see anyone even close to their like again. You could just as easily point at anything The Stones recorded from ‘Jumping Jack Flash’ up to Exile On Main St - and I would add 73’s Goats Head Soup to that pile, although many would argue that point. It is the greatest artistic purple patch in history; it might just be the greatest thing in history, full stop. Yes, there are a lot of nice paintings hanging up out there, Shakespeare had some good lines, there’s no denying it, democracy sounds good on paper, and modern medicine is a thing of wonder, but do any of them rock like The Stones?

Hey Rockman,
Where did you find the words? I'm all in with you. Beautifully said!
Personally I can also come up with a bunch of the Stones' early sixties songs (covers and own stuff) that already proved their uniqueness as a rock 'n' roll band, but it was still partly hidden under their status as a great R&B band. It was there almost right from the beginning.cool smiley
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 25, 2021 18:52

Rockman

Not to be a wet blanket but anyone who read the linked article would realize it is not Rockman who wrote that, he quoted it from the article.

Not to say what Rockman writes is not special; he just did not write that, except the line at the end about the guy can write.

jb

ps: jeez i screwed up the quoting on this big time. Suffice to say, Rockman added the part about the guy can write, the stuff above it was from the linked article.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-25 20:26 by jbwelda.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 25, 2021 19:53

georgie48
Where did you find the words? ... Beautifully said!

[www.hotpress.com]

"
You Should Have Heard Them Just Around Midnight

by PAT CARTY

It starts with the riff...
‘Brown Sugar’ adds irrefutable evidence to the case for The Rolling Stones as the greatest rock n’ roll band of all time. And I do mean all time
"

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 30, 2021 20:13

The Rolling Stones:

Get ready to Experience Sticky Fingers on the Rolling Stones official site - take a deep dive in to the album that brought you Brown Sugar and Wild Horses - and the first album to feature the iconic tongue and lips logo Tongue Head this way to find out more:
[experience.rollingstones.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 30, 2021 21:20

MisterDDDD
experience.rollingstones.com/album/sticky-fingers

I was expecting website to look/work something like this: https://experience.rollingstones.com/album/sticky-fingers

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home