Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Lynyrd Skynyrd Live at Knebworth 1976
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 6, 2021 19:54

This is an old story/battle brought out every couple of years. I am a big LS fan and quite honestly prefer 1977 Oakland to the Knebworth show, not by much though.

I am a bigger Stones fan and really was digging the Around and Around plus Wild Horses video in this thread. That being said. The Stones awesome set list and just being the Rolling @#$%& Stones puts them on top.

Plus, this classic apples and oranges. LS played a great set at the right time of day, the height of their powers. The Stones played middle of the night to a really @#$%& up tired crowd. The vibe was very different between each set.

LS is a bit of a one trick pony but do what they do very well. The Stones on the other hand are rock and roll. The 75/76 tour was just a different vibe for the Stones. I liked it a lot. Some fans not so much.

At the end of the day Skynyrd is no match for the Rolling Stones. On any level. (I love LS)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-06 20:17 by timmyj3.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 6, 2021 20:52

timmyj3
This is an old story/battle brought out every couple of years. I am a big LS fan and quite honestly prefer 1977 Oakland to the Knebworth show, not by much though.

I am a bigger Stones fan and really was digging the Around and Around plus Wild Horses video in this thread. That being said. The Stones awesome set list and just being the Rolling @#$%& Stones puts them on top.

Plus, this classic apples and oranges. LS played a great set at the right time of day, the height of their powers. The Stones played middle of the night to a really @#$%& up tired crowd. The vibe was very different between each set.

LS is a bit of a one trick pony but do what they do very well. The Stones on the other hand are rock and roll. The 75/76 tour was just a different vibe for the Stones. I liked it a lot. Some fans not so much.

At the end of the day Skynyrd is no match for the Rolling Stones. On any level. (I love LS)

And the Skynyrd boys were Stones fans. They also liked Cream (Allen), Free (Gary), and Merle Haggard (Ronnie) quite a bit.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: May 7, 2021 18:33

teleblaster
Mariuana
Well Wild Horses the Stones put on Youtube was from the Knebworth gig and it was pretty cool. It leads me to think they were satisfied with that performance enough to put it online. I enjoyed the rest I saw as well. It obviously was pretty cold that night but the band was fire.

It wasn't cold at all. A very warm night after a blazing hot day. There had been warnings on the TV not to start any fires as the vegetation was so dry.

I thought it was really cold since you could see their breath on the video

Posted by: Mander2311 ()
Date: May 10, 2021 20:29

Hi does anyone have the performance of Lynyrd Skynyrd which has been issued last April?smileys with beer

Thank you in advance and may God bless you all>grinning smiley<

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: May 11, 2021 14:55

Will check out the video again, but I remember it as being a hot night.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 12, 2021 15:32

I watched the video yesterday. Skynyrd were mighty that day. I'm lucky & saw them not too long after this show. 1 of my early concerts. Have never seen Skynyrd since & am fine with that.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home