Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones in Multichannel
Posted by: charlie2951 ()
Date: April 18, 2021 21:38

I've really been enjoying the Dolby Atmos Goat's Head Soup Blu-Ray and I hope we can expect other Stones albums mixed this way.

In the meantime, I've been looking for other multichannel sources. First, there are the Eagle Rock concert DVDs/Blu-Rays such as Steel Wheels Live, Bridges to Bremen, Voodoo Lounge Uncut, Bridges To Buenos Aires, etc.

In terms of studio albums, all that I can find beyond Goat's Head Soup is Goldplate's Beggars Banquet Sessions. The back of the package claims that the DVD has a multichannel mix of the album.

Is anyone aware of other multichannel mixes of the Studio Albums? I was hoping to find something on the many Stones SACDs, but alas no.

Re: The Stones in Multichannel
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2021 23:25

The 2019 4K-Restoration of RS Rock & Roll Circus has Dolby Atmos - [www.abkco.com] .

The 2003 RS-SACD "Sympathy For The Devil (Remix)" has 5.1 Multichannel - [www.Discogs.com] .

Sticky Fingers + more (Fan-Bootlegs) in 5.1 DTS - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-20 12:05 by Irix.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 19, 2021 01:36

The ABKCO 5.1 Sympathy CD single sounds amazing! Bought it when it came out, along with all the hybrid SACD's except Hot Rocks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2021 02:10

DGA35
The ABKCO 5.1 Sympathy CD single sounds amazing! Bought it when it came out, along with all the hybrid SACD's except Hot Rocks.

OK this is interesting. I did the exact same, even buying More Hot Rocks. What was your rationale? I can't even remember my rationale. I even bought a duplicate Majesties and kept it sealed because for some reason I thought it was the most 'collectible'.

I may just go check on that price!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 19, 2021 02:18

I didn't get Hot Rocks since all the songs are on the other CD's. I did buy the original London label Hot Rocks back in 86 which were mastered by Mobile Fidelity. Got them as imports in Vancouver. That Hot Rocks, as you may know, had stereo versions of Play With Fire, Satisfaction, Mothers Little Helper and Get Off of My Cloud. Play with Fire sounds good in stereo but the other 3 are very wide stereo and don't sound that great.
I did get More Hot Rocks hybrid since it has a couple songs not found elsewhere.
Check out Lukpac's site for everything you need to know about the 2002 ABKCO remasters!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2021 05:55

I believe my Exile Blu Ray CD is in 5.1 multi channel. If it's not, it sure as hell sounds like it. It's like they're in your front room. GRRR and Let It Bleed were also released in Blu Ray Audio, but I don't know their specs.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 19, 2021 08:45

24FPS
I believe my Exile Blu Ray CD is in 5.1 multi channel. If it's not, it sure as hell sounds like it. It's like they're in your front room. GRRR and Let It Bleed were also released in Blu Ray Audio, but I don't know their specs.

I have GRRR in Blu Ray Audio, it's just 3 stereo formats, sadly no surround

Date: April 19, 2021 15:30

EOMS, GRRR! and LIB on BluRay-Audio: all are 2.0 Stereo only - Amazon-Picture , Amazon-Picture , Amazon-Picture.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 19, 2021 15:55

Date: April 19, 2021 16:37

SKILLS
24FPS

But GRRR on blu ray is a revelation. Little Red Rooster brings tears to your eyes.

Date: April 19, 2021 20:00

Toru A

KBFH Quad Reel (3CD) - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Date: April 20, 2021 01:53

Thanks to Ricky on IORR.smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 20, 2021 02:12

Irix
The 2019 4K-Restoration of RS Rock & Roll Circus has Dolby Atmos - [www.abkco.com] .

The 2003 RS-SACD "Sympathy For The Devil (Remix)" has 5.1 Multichannel - [www.Discogs.com] .

Sticky Fingers in 5.1 DTS - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

SF is not an official release made from the original master tapes' discrete channels, it's a (talented) fan's work.

The only official 5.1 Stones studio releases are SFTD from 2003 and GHS from 2020.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 20, 2021 02:59

I used to have that Quadradisk version of Wyman's album. Wish I still did just for posterity.

jb

Date: April 20, 2021 03:00

Irix

Sticky Fingers in 5.1 DTS - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

This is awesome, thanks! I've never come across the Sticky Fingers DTS mix, I can't wait to check it out!

I completely forgot to include the "Sympathy" SACD, I bought it recently and love it. As for Rock & Roll Circus, I'll add that one to the list as well.

gotdablouse
SF is not an official release made from the original master tapes' discrete channels, it's a (talented) fan's work.

The only official 5.1 Stones studio releases are SFTD from 2003 and GHS from 2020.

That's fascinating, thanks. Must have been a labor of love.

Date: April 20, 2021 03:39

For anyone who's interested, it looks like TOUP (Two of us Productions), the guys that did the Sticky Fingers 5.1 DTS mix, did other albums as well:

Beggars Banquet - DTS 5.1
Let It Bleed - DTS 5.1
Through The Past Darkly - DTS 5.1
Sticky Fingers - DTS 5.1

according to [iorr.org TOUP]

It looks like there could be even more in the Stones vault.

Date: April 21, 2021 05:20

Toru A

Thanks to Ricky on IORR.smiling smiley

wow...never noticed how high waisted those jeans are.

Date: April 21, 2021 05:29

treaclefingers

My hats off to your insightful observation!

This way of dressing might be comfortable to him.

@Palisadoes Airport in 1972

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-21 05:43 by Toru A.

Date: April 21, 2021 16:27

Toru A
treaclefingers

My hats off to your insightful observation!

This way of dressing might be comfortable to him.

@Palisadoes Airport in 1972

Wow...and I never noticed how precise those bangs are...no forehead!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 21, 2021 16:37

treaclefingers
SKILLS
24FPS

But GRRR on blu ray is a revelation. Little Red Rooster brings tears to your eyes.

Yes it definitely is, Little Red Rooster and a number of others, sonically GRRR on Blu Ray offers the best value for money, 3 versions of every track, quite extraordinary really

Date: April 21, 2021 20:00

SKILLS

Audio 1: LPCM, 96kHz/24bit; Audio 2: DTS-HD Master 96kHz/24bit [DTS Core: 48kHz/24bit]; Audio 3: Dolby TrueHD 96kHz/24bit [AC3 Embedded: 48kHz, 640 kbps]. All Audio-Tracks are in 2.0 Stereo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home