Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Indiana Jones 5
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: April 17, 2021 15:01

Any Indiana Jones fans out there? It was recently announced that two fine actors - - Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Mads Mikkelsen - - have been added to the cast. The movie is tentatively scheduled to be released in the summer of 2022 (not a lot of time to prepare, particularly with the uncertainty of Covid - my guess is it will probably be delayed again).

Yes, Ford is getting too old for the role, and yes, nothing they do will ever top Raiders. But these are two strong additions and, with a decent script treated properly, it may have a chance to at least be entertaining (certainly superior to Crystal Skull, though I also found that installment to be tolerable, if not brilliant)...

What are your thoughts? Are you excited for this project or should they just let sleeping dogs lie? I for one am an optimist and am looking forward to seeing what they come up with, and who else may be joining the cast.

Cheers!

Re: OT: Indiana Jones 5
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 17, 2021 16:55

Ford looked too old for Crystal Skull when that came out, and as a Raiders of the Lost Ark fan, I was extremely disappointed even with the addition of Kate Blanchett, Shia LaBeouf, and bringing back Karen Allen from the first movie. Sadly, time and time again many of these movie studios just want to make a fast buck with extending the life of these played out, been there- done that franchises (sequels) and in the process ruining them with poor story lines, acting, writing, etc- essentially running out of gas.
I'm a big fan of the original Alien movie (IMHO one of the best sci-fi movies of all time which still frightens the hell out of me). James Cameron followed up with a surprisingly good, and in my opinion worthy sequel with Aliens in 1986. Everything that came after it was dreck and diminished the franchise (Alien vs. Predator) and in particular that God awful Prometheus!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-17 17:47 by Sighunt.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 17, 2021 17:50

Outside of the premise of money to be made and careers that have fizzled getting possibly reignited, the question is why? The Indy franchise, IMHO, should have ended with the Last Crusade flick. That's still a fun movie to watch. Same premise regarding Arnold in the Terminator role. After Terminator 2, nothing in the Terminator franchise is worth a look. One could probably say the same about any number of genres...the artists, performers, once made big moves and are now coasting on their and fans memories.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:01

crystal skull was okay i didn't hate it liked it and am a huge sci-fi nerd but i find people get way to critical about these things and i often end up being on the other side of what the mainstream fan base believes to be the quote on quoute good ones for example my favorite star trek is voyager & enterprise, i love prometheus, i love phantom menace saw in the theatre when i was 8 and loved it ever since, and for the stones i like and enjoy almost everything they do
but i'm ranting so let me try to get back on topic jones 5 sounds like it'll be fun harrison age isn't what my fear of it is its disney i was not a fan of them basicly remaking the first 3 star wars films and then passing them off as new movies i fear that is what they have in mind for indiana jones as well say what you will about lucas and the prequels at least he came up with something original

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:16

The first three were enjoyable, but never took the time to see the Crystal Skull...heard it wasn't very good at all.
Harrison Ford is a bit old now, older than Sean Connery was when he played Indiana's dad - nearly 10 years older in fact.
His character should become known as Grandpa Jones, and they could bring in a younger actor to play his son so the franchise can continue on and on and on and on......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:42

.... What about another Rocky ....
come out punchin' again ... dont hang up the gloves ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 18, 2021 03:00

I can't recall. Raiders was a lot of fun. Indy 1 was fun. After that... Sean Connery, that was cool but a bit jump the shark-esque. It was a bit too cute. But I don't know if I saw 3. Or 4. There's a fourth? I recall seeing something about a plane and a tribe blowing darts, a seaplane, and Indy's son? That's all I remember about whatever one that was.

It needs to be left alone.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2021 03:12

Indiana Jones and The Pirates Of The Caribbean .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:02

I just rewatched the second one for the first time in decades and it was truly laughable how bad it is. I remember it being pretty good, and hey I guess its kinda entertaining, but it is so ridiculously over the top with almost zero story its amazing they got a third one out of it. The third one is the only one I don't think I've ever seen so I'll be curious to see that. Raiders is still great and yeah, Crystal Skull was terrible. There really only one good movie in this whole franchise?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 18, 2021 10:13

Yes, I’m looking forward to it. I thought The Crystal Skull - whilst not as enjoyable as the original trilogy, of course - was good fun. I’m supposing Harrison Ford will be playing Indiana relevant to his real-life age, so this one will be set in the 1960’s; or would it have to be the 70’s?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 18, 2021 17:47

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-18 18:12 by Stoneage.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 18, 2021 23:51

The Last Crusade has always been my favorite...

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: April 18, 2021 23:56

I'm excited!! Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie. Last Crusade is near the top of that list as well. Temple of Doom and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are good, not great, both with some problems. In my opinion, Crystal Skull gets too much shit, and Temple of Doom doesn't get enough.

I don't really care about how old Harrison is. He's roughly the same age as the Rolling Stones, and I hope to see them rock a stadium again someday!!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 19, 2021 09:39

I watch Raiders a few times a year usually, Last Crusade maybe at Christmas, Temple Of Doom probably twice in 10 years...maybe

Crystal Skull was about as good as i expected, Ray Winstone's character was predictable but somewhat enjoyable, i'm probably biased though, Ray is a favourite.

I've been down a Rabbit Hole about Star Wars conspiracies in the last few days and it crosses over with Kathleen Kennedy's involvement as she is a producer, Midnight's Edge some "clued in website" reports that Spielberg has cut ties with KK over the utter failure of Star Wars under her reign, the only success being Jon Favreau's Mandalorian which was made outside of KK's direct influence. It appears that Favreau is being lined up to replace KK at Lucasfilm, so where does this leave her involvement with Indy 5, will she be bought out? reduced to Exec Producer in name only? or actually utilized as a retirement gig

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 19, 2021 19:01

Can't in any way imagine Favreau taking over the reins on Lucasfilm. I get the train of thought, but can't see him taking that role and wanting to be tied down for that. He's got enough money, thats more stress to deal with than something enjoyable. I wouldn't want to live my life being in charge of Lucasfilm lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home