Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick BBC interview incl Tour comments
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 16, 2021 02:51

If people are taking bets that there will be a tour by September, that sounds like real easy money to me. There will not be a Stones tour of the USA in four months time, trust me. maybe there will be a tour ANNOUNCED by then, but a real actual touring tour? No way, San Jose.

Maybe I am not following close enuff and the bet is not on a major tour, just some couple dates thing? In that case, could well happen by then I guess.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 16, 2021 03:13

jbwelda
If people are taking bets that there will be a tour by September, that sounds like real easy money to me. There will not be a Stones tour of the USA in four months time, trust me. maybe there will be a tour ANNOUNCED by then, but a real actual touring tour? No way, San Jose.

Maybe I am not following close enuff and the bet is not on a major tour, just some couple dates thing? In that case, could well happen by then I guess.

jb

I made the bet knowing the odds are not in my favor tbh (shoulda got at least 2-1 odds)winking smiley Honor bet for charity so, fun to have some skin in the game.
Like Mick, who seems optimistic about the chances.. I always try to be the same.

Mick interview replies in the thread:
"Keeping fit for the Tour; might start before you think; need to complete the US Tour; things might be back to near normal by the end of the summer."

"Then we’re seeing that in a lot of places — we’re coming to see the end of it, or coming to the end of this part of it, and being a bit optimistic in the choruses"

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 16, 2021 03:58

Dr Anthony Fauci said he has given his permission to The Rolling Stones to play live concerts but Mick must wear a mask throughout the show,even when singing and playing the harp.And he must stay 6 feet away from Keith on stage throughout the shows so no joint singing at the microphone by Keith and Mick

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2021 04:30

Taylor1
Dr Anthony Fauci said he has given his permission to The Rolling Stones to play live concerts but Mick must wear a mask throughout the show,even when singing and playing the harp.And he must stay 6 feet away from Keith on stage throughout the shows so no joint singing at the microphone by Keith and Mick

smiling smiley

Great news - but has Dr Anthony Fauci given fans permission to actually be in attendance?
Or do these new regulations only apply for the virtual shows that had been rumoured...lol...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 16, 2021 04:33

Fauci sucks die old man

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 16, 2021 06:06

Well b&b if the report thread function worked, I would certainly report your moronic post.

jb

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 16, 2021 06:09

This is why we don’t have new dates yet. Antivaxxers. The insurance depends on vaccination requirements. And those requirements can not be met without the majority getting the jab.

black n blue
Fauci sucks die old man

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 24, 2021 18:11

NashvilleBlues
Hi everyone. New member. First post.
Looking at the NFL schedule and considering they plan to have full stadiums all season, it looks like The Stones could (in theory) start their US tour September 10 (one day after the NFL regular season kickoff) Since they take at least 3 days off between shows, they could fit in all 14-15 gigs in between September 10 and November 5. Thoughts?

Welcome!

Greetings from Portugal

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 24, 2021 18:13

Topi
Hairball, here's what I posted on March 23

Topi
"FWIW, the Stones just update their social media profile pictures. They don't do it that often, and it's often done in conjuction with a release (such as the GHS reissue and the Ghost Town single last year). It's just the generic red tongue at this point."

And here's what I posted back on February 21:

Topi
"We are still at the pre-teaser stage. This is where they tell you to subscribe to the mailing list and post those live songs. In years past, those have always been signs of an imminent tour date announcement, is all I'm saying."¨

In late February they did remind people of the mailing list and they did post all those live clips. Yes, it's died down since.

But - as I said back in February - we already have a tour. There's no need to actually "tease" an announcement anymore. You have a tour you signed up to do, you sold the tickets (even if you refunded some of them). You just have to re-schedule it. Of course they will be making a bigger deal out of it when they actually - eventually - hell, hopefully! - DO reschedule it.

Can't remember if any "signs" were there before the rescheduling of the 2019 dates after Mick's heart surgery. I wanna say they did post on Facebook etc. saying "we are going to have the new rescheduled dates soon" or something like that before all systems went go.

And yes I believe am being very realistic about all this. Sadly, we're all just watching the sand slowly running out on the hourglass. Can only hope the band is still in good enough health to perform when the time comes. From a purely legal/contractual standpoint the realism here is that there's still ink on the dotted line on the US tour, but nothing else that we know of so far, however strong those 60th anniversary London/RAH/UK rumors may be.

RAH ???

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 25, 2021 07:03

black n blue
Fauci sucks die old man

Yeah, the whole pandemic is Fauci's fault. That's the response of a Darwin award candidate who won't wear a mask or get vaxxed.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: April 30, 2021 19:05

Even if the tour goes on end of 2021, will there be enough of an audience or demand for it?
I still have tix for Buffalo. It will depend on weather and the status of what percentage of vaccinated population is. I'm more hopeful for a 2022 tour. I know my wife would feel better about being in a stadium with 50,000 plus people in 22

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 30, 2021 19:22

marquess
NashvilleBlues
Looking at the NFL schedule and considering they plan to have full stadiums all season, it looks like The Stones could (in theory) start their US tour September 10 (one day after the NFL regular season kickoff) Since they take at least 3 days off between shows, they could fit in all 14-15 gigs in between September 10 and November 5. Thoughts?

Welcome!

Greetings from Portugal

Thank you!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 31, 2021 01:49

Summer 2022 is better.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: June 15, 2021 14:26

Hello everyone, I think about this Mick comments and.. would them play if there is not so easy to travel to States? Those shows would be available only for people in US, I suppose. There is a huge problem with travelling to States from Europe right now. I wanted to travel from Poland for Tampa show, when it was first announced. Right now I don't know how they can solve this. I saw that Eric Clapton will play in States in September 2021, it was announced yesterday. But he is antivaxxer, I suppose.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: June 15, 2021 14:29

California is ready. Last night at midnight we pretty much removed all covid restrictions and currently our infection rate is less than 1%

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 15, 2021 14:40

babyblue
Summer 2022 is better.

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2021 21:16

Los Angeles has a spanking new billion dollar football stadium. You know the Stones won't be able to resist playing it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2021 07:15

dennycranium
Even if the tour goes on end of 2021, will there be enough of an audience or demand for it?
I still have tix for Buffalo. It will depend on weather and the status of what percentage of vaccinated population is. I'm more hopeful for a 2022 tour. I know my wife would feel better about being in a stadium with 50,000 plus people in 22

Of course there will be demand.

I heard from an inside source that, because of their escalating age, Chuck's piano sound won't be plink plink plink anymore, it'll be plank plank plank.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2021 08:14

GasLightStreet
dennycranium

I heard from an inside source that, because of their escalating age, Chuck's piano sound won't be plink plink plink anymore, it'll be plank plank plank.

Yes to 'the demand' question, without question. Plunk plunk plunk is actually what the piano will sound like so you had that one wrong.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 23, 2021 20:10

NashvilleBlues

Absolutely! Be ready to go!

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: June 24, 2021 01:31

I am ready to roll...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2021 07:41

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
dennycranium

Yes to 'the demand' question, without question. Plunk plunk plunk is actually what the piano will sound like so you had that one wrong.

No, nope and nuhuh. It's sound WILL BE ie "it'll".

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home