Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick BBC interview incl Tour comments
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:06

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Keeping fit for the Tour; might start before you think; need to complete the US Tour; things might be back to near normal by the end of the summer. Been finishing records,

Obviously some hopes here but why be some specific?

Re: Mick BBC interview incl Tour comments
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:30

Great interview. Thank you Mick to remain optimistic/humble and to make plans for the Rolling Stones to go back on tour asap!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:43

"I've written a lot of songs and finished records"
Stones or solo songs?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 13:44 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:46

... You'd Hope STONES .... but
hey long as the boy's workin .....lurv ya energy Mick

ROCKMAN

Date: April 14, 2021 13:53

I guess it's worth hanging on to those US tour tickets a little longer......

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:28

They will tour eventually. That is for sure. Get your vaccine shots whenever offered. Be ready!

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:40

wow very good news. I like some surmised that we'd be looking at 2022 and their 60th anniversary to see the tour back on.

You don't think he's taking the mick with us do you? Did I use that right?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:41

KRiffhard
Stones or solo songs?!

A vague expression but he is talking about finishing records in plural... More than one project there going on? A Stones album, a new deluxe edition of some old album, some solo things?

Anyway, from the pespective of anyone wishing some more new music from them, it could be that the pandemic turned out to be a blessing. Sounds like Mick has forced to remain in a place or two in countryside, with no particular place to go (with just one lady to entertain him...), and there the only way to channel his energy is to make music... surely, the new Stones album will not happen until they can arrange some more sessions with the band, but we might be winners in the long run...

There was the Italian news story of him making a solo album in Sicily, which we interpeted generally as lost in translation, but who knows if the isolation has changed his plans of a possible new solo album. I mean, if the thing is that he cannot do much more for the Stones album on his own now - he needs the others to finish the songs - he might write and even finish songs for other projects. Like he did with Dave Grohl. And then we have to remember that his old competitor Macca released a whole new album made in isolation - history repeated, and Mick following an example of a Beatle again...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:54

Also in regard to that "have finished records" - the 60th Anniversary is not lurking far, so I guess one thing he has been busy with Universal is to make the best out of it. I am rather sure that some of that involves new records - collections (of not just old hits, but fully finished out-takes someone just stole from his lapgrinning smiley) or whatever - which most likely are at the moment planned/processed.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 14:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:59

thecitadel
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Keeping fit for the Tour; might start before you think; need to complete the US Tour; things might be back to near normal by the end of the summer. Been finishing records,

I've been saying "end of summer" early fall for a long while.
Absolutely feasible.. Let's Go!!

Date: April 14, 2021 15:21

MisterDDDD

I've been saying "end of summer" early fall for a long while.
Absolutely feasible.. Let's Go!!

Hell yeah!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:55

bv
They will tour eventually. That is for sure. Get your vaccine shots whenever offered. Be ready!

I am so happy to see you this optimistic BV!
Last year you talked about 'this could be the end for the touring band The Rolling Stones'. How things have changed. Hope everybody gets their vaccins very soon so we can enjoy another leg of the US No Filter Tour!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:21

Pleasantly surprised this morning here in UK when Mick Jagger was the main story in the entertainment news.

He obviously still likes to be interviewed by the right person and making music with the right musicians.

So good to hear from any of our boys in our favourite Band.smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:23

"Improve guitar playing. Practice mouth organ. Do more dancing. Get ready for tour," he said, only partially tongue-in-cheek.

"You know, I gotta get in shape because the tour could be sooner than I think. So I've got to be ready for that. And keep the songs coming."

If there's one thing we won't be worrying about for the tour to resume is Mick being in shape ! Has to be the fittest 77 year old on the planet, and a good dozen years could be knocked out from that I'm sure. Garmin watches have this "physiological age" metric (based on the VO2Max mostly), I wonder what it would be for Mick, 35, 40 ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:54

The ínterview he did with Rolling Stone seems more deserving of a sticky. I didn't expect of him to be that straightforward discussing recent events. When he says "I've written a lot of songs and finished records" that sounds a bit as if referring to records that he finished and put out long ago

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:03

bv

Had my shots and got my card to prove it! Ready for The Stones....

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:12

gotdablouse
If there's one thing we won't be worrying about for the tour to resume is Mick being in shape ! Has to be the fittest 77 year old on the planet, and a good dozen years could be knocked out from that I'm sure. Garmin watches have this "physiological age" metric (based on the VO2Max mostly), I wonder what it would be for Mick, 35, 40 ?

He must be harvesting adrenochrome for life extension or something

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:21

I don't think it should be underestimated how many won't take any jabs, even if it lead to a meet & greet with Mick & Keith. Many leading scientists, social workers and doctors etc refuse...

Now I don't pretend to be smarter than any of the scientists being proponents or highly advicing against it, and I find it laughable if anyone tries to ridicule anyone who base their choices on scientists with years and years of experience.

This is all a belief play for us "Mortals", even Mick", Whether you are into "follow the money", follow Boris Johnson and goverments advice, newsmedia experts, corporations accounting to there shareholders, extreme conspiracy theorists or anyone sane enough to go after a somewhat objective reasoning, or whatever...

#justsaying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 17:27 by MichaelLassen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:35

[www.bbc.co.uk] here's the actual talk

Date: April 14, 2021 17:41

Towards the end of the interview when talking about touring he said these magic words.

'Maybe England at the end of Summer or Autumn sometime',and also mentioned The American tour as well. smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2021 19:28

Great to hear him and it's hard to believe you're listening to a 77+ year old, the energy, the awareness, the positive thinking, mind-boggling ! Could have done without the (forced ?) loud laughing by that interviewer...

So yes at 10:04 he mentions England at the end of the summer/autumn but at first I'd taken that as a reference to soccer since he mentions the Euro just before that but the original question was about touring so. That would mean England before going back to the US in 2022 ? They would probably have to fit in quite a bit of rehearsing too, dunno, sounds like wishful thinking...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 14, 2021 19:41

Yes!

Listening to it, not 100% sure he's meaning the Euro footy which ends in July I think......................but I'm siding with a short tour of England late summer or Autumn with maybe Royal Albert Hall gigs being the London gigs.

Wishful thinking ,but it could be on. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2021 20:09

Glad to hear Mick speak out on some of the questions I raised in the other thread, specifically the possibility of rescheduling the tour, but still no mention of the supposed new Stones album.

On the topic of his original band, Jagger says he is looking forward to reuniting with his old bandmates,
and particularly returning to the stage, even if "it's a big guess" when that might happen.
"Hopefully things will somewhere near normal by the end of the summer, let's hope, anyway,"

Yes, still lots of guessing and hoping, but realistically I'm thinking late spring/summer 2022 will be way more feasible when circumstances will be far better.
With so many different regulations from one state to another, hard to figure out exactly how it will go forward at this point, and that's not even considering the possible mutations and variants.
For example, will anti-vaxxers still holding on to tickets be banned from stadiums that require vaccinations? I would hope so, but in states other than Texas and Florida, surely that will cause some problems.
And we know Mick will stay in shape for any possible upcoming tour, but what about the rest of them, including the entire crew? It takes an entire village for the Stones to tour, and they all need to be healthy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 20:44 by Hairball.

Date: April 14, 2021 21:25

Date: April 14, 2021 21:26

crawdaddy
Towards the end of the interview when talking about touring he said these magic words.

'Maybe England at the end of Summer or Autumn sometime',and also mentioned The American tour as well. smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2021 21:34

KRiffhard
Stones or solo songs?!

Most likely the recording of songs. It's old school for having recorded a song.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 14, 2021 22:11

Elmo Lewis
bv

Had my shots and got my card to prove it! Ready for The Stones....

Me too and still got my tickets!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 14, 2021 22:16

Hi everyone. New member. First post.
Looking at the NFL schedule and considering they plan to have full stadiums all season, it looks like The Stones could (in theory) start their US tour September 10 (one day after the NFL regular season kickoff) Since they take at least 3 days off between shows, they could fit in all 14-15 gigs in between September 10 and November 5. Thoughts?

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 22:19

Next year is the 60th anniversary so there's bound to be a new album and big tour etc to go with it...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2021 22:26

NashvilleBlues
Hi everyone. New member. First post.
Looking at the NFL schedule and considering they plan to have full stadiums all season, it looks like The Stones could (in theory) start their US tour September 10 (one day after the NFL regular season kickoff) Since they take at least 3 days off between shows, they could fit in all 14-15 gigs in between September 10 and November 5. Thoughts?

Hi NashvilleBlues.

Sounds like wishful thinking considering all the uncertainties between now and then, but anything's possible...
Thinking beyond this Fall to Spring/Summer 2022 when things are a bit more stable regarding vaccinations, regulations, and an assortment of other unknown variables. Better to be safe than sorry.
And then there's the insurance companies....with the Stones in their upper '70's and Charlie's about to turn 80, surely there's plenty of concerns as there were even before the pandemic, but now even more so.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home