Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Conversation with record producer/artist Daniel Lanios
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 13, 2021 18:26

Nice read. I love his style or production. Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris, Yellow Moon by the Neville Brothers, Oh Mercy by Bob Dylan, the U2 albums he did, along with Peter Gabriel, are some of my fave listens. I've always wondered what he could do with the Stones in terms of their sound and incorporating something new into it.

[www.songfacts.com]

Re: OT: Conversation with record producer/artist Daniel Lanios
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:58

Also Time Out of Mind from Bob Dylan which earned several Grammy's including Album of the Year, and Le Noise from Neil Young which should have won a Grammy.
Not sure how well he would work out with the Stones as a band, but would have been nice to find out. I imagine he would be a perfect match for a Keith solo album though - especially given the Rime Out of Mind Treatment.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 14, 2021 11:33

"Windmill Lane was a conventional studio - very nice place - but not very cavernous with its drum sound, let's say. You hit a drum in the room, and it wouldn't be that inspiring".

Huh? For the VL sessions the stones had no problem getting a huge drum sound for Charlie... Maybe too huge if you ask me.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2021 21:15

dcba
"Windmill Lane was a conventional studio - very nice place - but not very cavernous with its drum sound, let's say. You hit a drum in the room, and it wouldn't be that inspiring".

Huh? For the VL sessions the stones had no problem getting a huge drum sound for Charlie... Maybe too huge if you ask me.

They used the stairwell on a few songs.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2021 21:32

A friend of mine worked at Kingsway in New Orleans with Emmylou Harris and Sheryl Crow. I used to walk by it often when I lived in the French Quarter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home