Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 19 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 26, 2021 15:23

Rip This
come to think about it....Easy Sleazy could have been a Stones track...and a good one....have to wonder wtf is wrong with the others that Mick had to release this one on his own...

Well Mick wanted to finish it quickly and Keith doesn't have an internet connection

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 26, 2021 16:19

Doxa
Yeah, where the hell is my EazySleazy t-shirt? The mug? Where is my red vinyl version of it (among other physical versions)? Where is the booklet, where is the box?

Funnily, Mick made here a total anti-thesis in regard to release policy of catalogue artists (and of their record companies milking out any possible cent out of the fans of their old clients). All we have is just to listen (or watch) the damn song, if we will. How boring is that?grinning smiley

- Doxa

I was just imagining the EasySleazy shirt as an 'off the shoulder'.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 26, 2021 19:07

retired_dog
Hairball
Just an opinion based on everything else he and the Stones have ever released - has Mick or the Stones ever given any recorded music away for free?
Can't think of anything, but maybe there was something for a charity?

Free Concert Hyde Park 1969

Gimme Shelter (live 26.11.89, Death Valley Stadium, Clemson) 1993 Food Charity-cassette release

Fancy Man Blues - After The Hurricane - Songs For Montserrat 1990 Charity album

Exile On Main Street Blues - Free NME Flexi 1972

Keith Richards - Hurricane CD - available at some venues during the Rolling Stones 2005-2006 US tour if given donations through Red Cross to the Hurricane Katrina relief

There may be more, but that's all I can remember at the moment.

Didn’t they do a Nicaragua benefit when there was an earthquake there? (Bianca’s homeland)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-26 19:08 by exhpart.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 26, 2021 23:10

exhpart
retired_dog
Hairball
Just an opinion based on everything else he and the Stones have ever released - has Mick or the Stones ever given any recorded music away for free?

Gimme Shelter (live 26.11.89, Death Valley Stadium, Clemson) 1993 Food Charity-cassette release

Keith Richards - Hurricane CD - available at some venues during the Rolling Stones 2005-2006 US tour if given donations through Red Cross to the Hurricane Katrina relief

Didn’t they do a Nicaragua benefit when there was an earthquake there? (Bianca’s homeland)

I think Keith gave a guitar for auction after the Japan Nuclear disaster.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 27, 2021 02:00

Hairball Hurricane benefit if memory serves

Was very nice

Beautiful and poignant even at the time

Anyone got a clip?

Also exile flexidisc

Just off the top of my head

Much love

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 02:03 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 27, 2021 02:04

I'm free baby

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 27, 2021 02:12

exhpart
retired_dog
Hairball

Yep, I was there. January '73

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2021 05:50

Midnight Toker
Mick should be focusing on a new Stones album. It has been 15 years
in the making.

Agreed. thumbs up

Having watched Easy Sleazy video again today as it popped up on my yotube page after avoiding it since a few days after it's release, I have to stand by my first impressions.
It's awkward, contrived, forced, and lyrically/musically nowhere near as good as Ghost Town, though no doubt better than Getta Grip/England Lost, so hats off for the improvement.
Old man Jagger dragging the much younger Grohl along to hopefully give it some credibility for much younger rock fans...hmmm...it's terrible, and just makes me yearn for some legitimate new Stones material even more.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 27, 2021 08:17

Release this classic Mick single ASAP,limited edition coloured vinyl will suffice.
Pure Jagger genius.Those lyrics are as relevant as anything and so funny.Sad that some on this board don’t get it.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 27, 2021 08:30

Hairball
Midnight Toker
Mick should be focusing on a new Stones album. It has been 15 years
in the making.

Agreed. thumbs up

Having watched Easy Sleazy video again today as it popped up on my yotube page after avoiding it since a few days after it's release, I have to stand by my first impressions.
It's awkward, contrived, forced, and lyrically/musically nowhere near as good as Ghost Town, though no doubt better than Getta Grip/England Lost, so hats off for the improvement.
Old man Jagger dragging the much younger Grohl along to hopefully give it some credibility for much younger rock fans...hmmm...it's terrible, and just makes me yearn for some legitimate new Stones material even more.

I think we have heard this already...maybe not a thousand times, but still...

Jagger dragging Grohl...
Jagger forcing something on Keith and the Stones...

Jagger - obviously the incarnation of evil.

Date: April 27, 2021 08:36

Mick's great on Ghost Town, and several of the short solo video snippets he posted on twitter the last couple of years - can't win em all though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 27, 2021 09:29

Shooting the vaccine
Bill Gates is in my bloodstream
It's mind control
The earth is flat and cold
It's never warming up
The arctic's turned to slush
The second coming's late
And there's aliens in the deep state

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: April 27, 2021 09:56

Jagger looks and sings like an escaped mental patient but that could be by design I suppose…It’s also rather noisy but that probably works to the song’s advantage –if an acoustic version of this song were released I feel Keith would be justified in circulating a petition to lock Jagger out of studios (including his own). It could be realized too through an intervention with some trickery. Every time Mick thought he was entering a studio instead of finding recording equipment he’d find a bed with a naked dancer in it. Make love, not music. Win-win.

Date: April 27, 2021 11:47

That's a pretty mask
But never take a chance
TikTok stupid dance
Took a samba class (Yeah)
I landed on my ass
Trying to write a tune
You better hook me up to Zoom
See my Poncey books
Teach myself to cook
Way too much TV, it's lobotomizing me
Yeah, think I've put on weight
I’ll have another drink, then I’ll clean the kitchen sink

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 27, 2021 12:09

Hairball

Old man Jagger dragging the much younger Grohl along to hopefully give it some credibility for much younger rock fans...hmmm...it's terrible...

Dude. We have enough negative energy on this planet. We all know about your opinions. Just take it down a notch on - at least on this forum. Thanks.

Date: April 27, 2021 12:20

Yep ... never ending negativity .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 27, 2021 14:34

ditto...enough already.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 27, 2021 17:01

stargroover
Release this classic Mick single ASAP,limited edition coloured vinyl will suffice.
Pure Jagger genius.Those lyrics are as relevant as anything and so funny.Sad that some on this board don’t get it.

Agreed!!!!

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: April 27, 2021 18:27

schwonek
Hairball

Old man Jagger dragging the much younger Grohl along to hopefully give it some credibility for much younger rock fans...hmmm...it's terrible...

Dude. We have enough negative energy on this planet. We all know about your opinions. Just take it down a notch on - at least on this forum. Thanks.

Like many, I agree. But you're wasting your time appealing to him. There’s nothing as self-satisfied as a Hairball post which means he's not about to change. Other people mean nothing to him. He’s truly a cancer on this forum.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 27, 2021 18:57

Courtney Love, whatever heiniosity, well, just
"Malibu" and One other, again, despite her errant heiniousity, eclipses everything David Grohl has emitted, imo. Which is everything.

Belinda Carlisle's solo career post Go His, is more significant in a historical context.
Mick, get Belinda!!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 27, 2021 19:56

Swayed1967
schwonek
Hairball

Like many, I agree. But you're wasting your time appealing to him. There’s nothing as self-satisfied as a Hairball post which means he's not about to change. Other people mean nothing to him. He’s truly a cancer on this forum.

The "cancer on this forum" is the escalating personal attacks and insults against members whose opinions don't align lock step with the mob here. Hairball can fight his own battles but he shouldn't have to. He doesn't agree with you and states his opinion, so that makes him a "cancer". No surprise as I've been told to kill myself by another know-it-all who disagreed with me in another thread. This forum pretty much reeks now. And I agree with Hairball. I don't care for this song or the video. Deal with it.

Date: April 27, 2021 20:15

bleedingman
Swayed1967
schwonek
Hairball

The "cancer on this forum" is the escalating personal attacks and insults against members whose opinions don't align lock step with the mob here. Hairball can fight his own battles but he shouldn't have to. He doesn't agree with you and states his opinion, so that makes him a "cancer". No surprise as I've been told to kill myself by another know-it-all who disagreed with me in another thread. This forum pretty much reeks now. And I agree with Hairball. I don't care for this song or the video. Deal with it.

Yes bleedingman - there's a few of intolerant, irrational, thin-skinned people here, and if you don't sing with their choir, or cheer with their cheerlading, they turn in to vicious rabid dogs that personally attack you with insults, name calling, etc. Seems the lynch mob still rules, and if you don't fully abide by their standards, they'll try and string you right up to a tree up and/or burn you at the stake. Like the worst hate groups, they're intolerable to others they disagree with. As for me, I was just giving a reassessment of my opinion on the new Grohl Jagger tune, and thought maybe I would feel differently about it after avoiding it for a couple of weeks. Turns out the answer is no I didn't feel differently- the song is terrible. Just my opinion, and if someone disagrees that's their prerogative. I certainly won't be calling anyone a "cancer", but I've learned that Swayed1967 is as uncivilized as they come, so no surprise to hear it from him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 20:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2021 20:58

Text book.
Remarkable how accurate this is.

Internet Troll
A person who posts remarks or comments onto internet forums or message boards in an attempt to get someone to comment negatively to it and to redirect attention onto himself. Usually, these remarks are controversial, stupid, off-topic, inflaming, illogical, or childish.

Sometimes, the comments are enough to enrage the people in the forum to want to respond back with their own negative remarks which starts a flame war and changes the topic and attention of the discussion. Since, internet trolls are attention whores, this is exactly what they want since they probably don't get enough attention in real life and needs someone else to acknowledge their self-worth and existence.

Nowadays, they are commonly found infesting internet forums and websites such as the GameFAQS Message Boards, youtube (most notably in the comments section), moviecodec, rpgcodex and many others. It is best to ignore them unless you want flame wars to engulf the forum.

An internet troll is an attention whore who posts stupid comments onto websites in an attempt to get a reaction towards him (usually negative) and in an attempt to get someone else to acknowledge their pathetic, insignificant lives since they don't receive that sort of attention in real life.

Date: April 27, 2021 21:14

^

Text book example of intolerant cheerleader fanatic who can't handle differing opinions, and then goes on to disrupt, personally insult, and attack.
And based on the description and definition posted above, he's a perfect example of an absolute creepy textbook troll.

"It is best to ignore them unless you want flame wars to engulf the forum".

Words of wisdom...

And try as I might, the creepy troll follows from one thread to another throwing personal insults around left and right, irrationally intolerable to differing opinions than his own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 21:22 by Hairball.

Date: April 27, 2021 21:58

Let's get back on topic. Still loving Mick's new tune, and he deserves credit for his guitar track (open G) as well as his remarkable vocals thumbs up

Date: April 27, 2021 22:07

I give Mick credit for making and releasing new music, no matter what I think of the results.
Hope he continues to release more, and with any luck he'll release more with his bandmates in the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 27, 2021 22:40

DandelionPowderman
Let's get back on topic. Still loving Mick's new tune, and he deserves credit for his guitar track (open G) as well as his remarkable vocals thumbs up

Yeah, the same here. I gave it a few days rest, and now it sounds even better and especially more 'senseful' I thought earlier. A great rocker with wit lyrics full of little interesting choices and nuances behind the noisy and aggressive outset. And damn that energy and attitude! Exactly kind of positive kick needed now.

Was thinking the guitars of Grohl. Typically that kind of guitaring - pretty obvious by hard rock standards - would not move me at all (not my cup of tea in general), but it is Mick's presence and the very context set by him that it makes significiant to me. That is to say that Grohl's stuff serves the song very well. It works. But it is a Jagger showcase, really.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-27 22:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 27, 2021 22:49

There’s enough negativity in the world right now.Mr Jagger has simply poured some positivity into these piss poor times.It’s just a punk tune with funny lyrics.I am sure folk can at least get some humour from the lyrics even though they don’t dig the song.
It’s a Stones forum after all .Brother’s,sisters just cool it.Will u cats stop that.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 27, 2021 23:10

Was checking the other day the origins of Mick's Red Devils album (an interesting thread we have of it), and I across a piece reviewing both Mick's WANDERING SPIRIT and Macca's OFF THE GROUND at the same token (those two were relaesed around the same time). The title of it makes it feel like it is from today:

"Jagger keeps edge; McCartney stays safe".

That's how it goes... grinning smiley

A Rolling Stone is A Rolling Stone...

- Doxa

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 27, 2021 23:30

Maybe I'm a cheerleader but I loved the song right from the first listen. Today I loved it just as much. Perfect song in the perfect time in my opinion. Simplicity is best, as my art teacher used to tell me in high school. It sounds easy but I bet it took some time and effort to come up with this one. I have nothing but showers of compliments to Mick and Dave for this song.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 19 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home