Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 23, 2021 10:32

LeonidP
bitusa2012
Bastion
stillife
Not a classic for sure, and we tend to compare with classic Stones. But for sure better song than 80% of what is release nowadays.

Yet again... this ridiculous comment.

Simply untrue.

Why is it simply untrue? It’s the OPs opinion. In their OPINION it’s true that this song is better than 80% of what’s released nowadays. They are wrong of course-as it’s a dreadful song! :-)

I like it, though it is definitely not a "great" tune. But still, I agree the statement (better than 80%) was ridiculous, it is probably better than 95% of what is released nowadays.

Perfect answer! You made my day Leonid!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 23, 2021 17:19

donvis
When will it be available for purchase?????

It won't be.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 23, 2021 18:03

it’s got a good beat and it’s easy to dance to, i give it an 85.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 23, 2021 18:14

video: [www.youtube.com] I give it a 90. Maybe Mick will release the long version of this with the best backup singer of all!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 23, 2021 20:00

mrjones
video: [www.youtube.com] I give it a 90. Maybe Mick will release the long version of this with the best backup singer of all!!

This demo has a great potential

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 23, 2021 21:11

yeah well every dog has it’s day.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 23, 2021 21:20

Topi
donvis

It won't be.
Why do you think that?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:23

caschimann
LeonidP
bitusa2012
Bastion
stillife
Not a classic for sure, and we tend to compare with classic Stones. But for sure better song than 80% of what is release nowadays.

Yet again... this ridiculous comment.

Simply untrue.

Why is it simply untrue? It’s the OPs opinion. In their OPINION it’s true that this song is better than 80% of what’s released nowadays. They are wrong of course-as it’s a dreadful song! :-)

I like it, though it is definitely not a "great" tune. But still, I agree the statement (better than 80%) was ridiculous, it is probably better than 95% of what is released nowadays.

Perfect answer! You made my day Leonid!!
smileys with beer

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 24, 2021 02:40

Mick should be focusing on a new Stones album. It has been 15 years
in the making.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 24, 2021 05:00

Midnight Toker
in the making.

clearly that is easier said than done within the 'unit' though they all seem capable to varying degrees individually.

Date: April 24, 2021 05:19

donvis
Topi
donvis

It won't be.
Why do you think that?

Because the whole point was to release it for free and only on YouTube.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 24, 2021 05:26

Topi
donvis
Topi
donvis

It won't be.
Why do you think that?

Because the whole point was to release it for free and only on YouTube.

For those of us that like the song though, it would be nice to get it with higher quality audio.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 24, 2021 10:15

treaclefingers

For those of us that like the song though, it would be nice to get it with higher quality audio.

I’m in complete agreement with you. Personally, an iTunes release would be most welcome. I know I can hook my phone to a speaker, but I’d like this song to be stored on my iPod Classic.

Date: April 24, 2021 11:32

Midnight Toker
in the making.

5 years smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 25, 2021 17:54

Still haven't heard it on the radio. Which is a pity since it's pretty much made for radio.
The subject of the song I mean. That's probably why Jagger was in a hurry releasing it.

Date: April 25, 2021 19:34

Stoneage
Still haven't heard it on the radio. Which is a pity since it's pretty much made for radio.
The subject of the song I mean. That's probably why Jagger was in a hurry releasing it.

Do they play YouTube videos on the radio?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 25, 2021 19:54

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

So the radio stations can't play the song? What a bummer!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 25, 2021 22:20

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Yeah, believe it or not: It's a total freebie - obviously Mick has no intention to capitalize on it.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 25, 2021 23:27

It's a vanity project - Mick showing he's still young & cool cool smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 25, 2021 23:32

only heard it once on the radio ....
sounded good.. barrelin outta the speakers ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2021 01:08

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

It's all a bit strange - with Mick promoting it in Rolling Stone, yet it's not for sale digitally or physically, and can only be heard on youtube.
As someone mentioned previously in a different thread, maybe he's being a bit cautious after the poor sales and reception that Getta Grip/England Lost received, and doesn't want to experience that all over again.
Or maybe he's picked up on the chatter (or has been advised) of the similarities to the Sex Pistols tune, and doesn't want to go down the same road he and the Stones had to with KD Lange and Anybody Seen My Baby.
Could it be that he's simply being generous and wanted to give it away for free? Doubtful, but would be interesting to find out the reasons which could be many. Maybe Dave Grohl will fill in the blanks some day.

Date: April 26, 2021 01:40

Hairball
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

It's all a bit strange - with Mick promoting it in Rolling Stone, yet it's not for sale digitally or physically, and can only be heard on youtube.
As someone mentioned previously in a different thread, maybe he's being a bit cautious after the poor sales and reception that Getta Grip/England Lost received, and doesn't want to experience that all over again.
Or maybe he's picked up on the chatter (or has been advised) of the similarities to the Sex Pistols tune, and doesn't want to go down the same road he and the Stones had to with KD Lange and Anybody Seen My Baby.
Could it be that he's simply being generous and wanted to give it away for free? Doubtful, but would be interesting to find out the reasons which could be many. Maybe Dave Grohl will fill in the blanks some day.

Doubtful?

Based on the principle of the presumption of innocence, Mick must be considered innocent until hard facts prove otherwise. Nice try, but case closed. Sit down.

Date: April 26, 2021 01:46

Just an opinion based on everything else he and the Stones have ever released - has Mick or the Stones ever given any recorded music away for free?
Can't think of anything, but maybe there was something for a charity?

Date: April 26, 2021 02:18

Hairball
Just an opinion based on everything else he and the Stones have ever released - has Mick or the Stones ever given any recorded music away for free?
Can't think of anything, but maybe there was something for a charity?

Free Concert Hyde Park 1969

Gimme Shelter (live 26.11.89, Death Valley Stadium, Clemson) 1993 Food Charity-cassette release

Fancy Man Blues - After The Hurricane - Songs For Montserrat 1990 Charity album

Exile On Main Street Blues - Free NME Flexi 1972

Keith Richards - Hurricane CD - available at some venues during the Rolling Stones 2005-2006 US tour if given donations through Red Cross to the Hurricane Katrina relief

There may be more, but that's all I can remember at the moment.

Date: April 26, 2021 02:28

First thing that came to mind was the Free Concert Hyde Park 1969, but then I was thinking more about recorded music.
And while they may have released and given some of those to charity which in return could be had by fans for donations to that charity,
I was mainly thinking of them giving away something for absolutely free with no donations involved, or strings attached whatsoever.
Looks like the Exile On Main Street Blues - Free NME Flexi 1972 would fall in to that category, and now a possibility the Grohl Jagger tune could also, though only via youtube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-26 02:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 26, 2021 07:48

retired_dog
Hairball
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Doubtful?

Based on the principle of the presumption of innocence, Mick must be considered innocent until hard facts prove otherwise. Nice try, but case closed. Sit down.

There is no need for doubt. Mick gave "it away for free" with, smartly, only once place to listen to it from. YouTube is bigger than any record label ever could be.

Date: April 26, 2021 13:03

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

I did hear it on the local radio here last week.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 26, 2021 14:28

That makes Mick a YouTuber

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 26, 2021 14:32

come to think about it....Easy Sleazy could have been a Stones track...and a good one....have to wonder wtf is wrong with the others that Mick had to release this one on his own...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 26, 2021 15:13

Yeah, where the hell is my EazySleazy t-shirt? The mug? Where is my red vinyl version of it (among other physical versions)? Where is the booklet, where is the box?

Funnily, Mick made here a total anti-thesis in regard to release policy of catalogue artists (and of their record companies milking out any possible cent out of the fans of their old clients). All we have is just to listen (or watch) the damn song, if we will. How boring is that?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home