Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2021 03:00

jbwelda
what is this "NFT" that is going for millions?

the auction for the artwork or whatever it is ended with high bid of fifty grand.

next bid increments often depend on auction house rules and are often in a form of an increment equal to a percentage of the current bid. So when the current bid is high, it is increasingly expensive to better the bid as the value increases.

jb

Oh - that's news to me, so thanks for the insight.

MisterDDDD posted a link to the NFT in his post above yours.

Non-fungible token. NFT. I just got the reason for the name of that link - very nifty of whoever thought that up lol...

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: April 17, 2021 03:04

Zero dynamics, no groove and unconvincing yelling. Hard to listen to more than once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-17 03:05 by Markdog.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2021 03:19

Markdog
Zero dynamics, no groove and unconvincing yelling. Hard to listen to more than once.

Oh I don't know. I thought the yelling was pretty convincing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 17, 2021 03:55

treaclefingers
Markdog

Oh I don't know. I thought the yelling was pretty convincing.

I've listened to it at least 50 times... or something. That's kind of convincing, innit?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 17, 2021 04:29

Johnny Rotten called, he wants his song back...

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: April 17, 2021 05:52

ryanpow
If I'm not mistaken, Foghat interchanged "Sleazy" and "Easy" on Slow Ride, during the outro of the song.

This is true.

But did Foghat ever interchange "Easy and Cheesy?''

I think not.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 17, 2021 06:19

>MisterDDDD posted a link to the NFT in his post above yours.

Huh. I must have missed it. I followed a link he posted but did not see anything that could be selling for millions of dollars. I saw some kind of cubist video something. Could you be more specific? I thought I had read through all this thread but maybe I missed a link or explanation somewhere.

thanks
jb

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2021 12:18

What you saw was it.

[zaphod.vvhp.net]

[www.bloomberg.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 17, 2021 13:47

Isn’t it odd that this track isn’t available on iTunes or apple streaming yet? Is it going to be released on vinyl or CD?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 17, 2021 14:20

I’m sorry to any poor soul that likes this guy he just does absolutely nothing for me. I simply cannot get into anything he does. And I even like a few Nirvana songs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2021 14:22

FancyBluesMan
I'm fully aware that Mick is free to do whatever he pleases at this stage of the game but I'm sorry, I want the genuine article...Keith's Open G riffs, Ronnie's fills, Charlie's metronomic drumming...and will accept nothing less. No more solo stuff, no more collaborations

Do you realize you put a creative death sentence over Mick' head. "Do what you've always did. Don't change. Don't innovate. Don't work with outside poeple".

"Genuine article". If Mick released a by-the-book album you'd probably the 1st to say "nah nice try but it's not as good as anything from 68-72".

Mick enjoys himself. He worked with a decently-talented guy (Grohl). More power to him. The song is OK and enjoyable.
Keith is probably "dry" and Charlie wants to retire badly. Then Mick is the last surviving creative force in the band.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 17, 2021 15:05

I think that if there would have been a useful way to work with the other lads via the net, Mick had certainly (also) done that. (Who knows, maybe they do it anyway in some way or other? - Ever being the optimist ,,,) Their age is not necessarily a factor. Kraan, who are only slightly younger than the Stones (between 69 and 72) also managed to record a (very good) album last year without ever meeting once in person. Even if some of the Stones are not that tech-savvy themselves they've got enough people to help them out on that end.

If there is currently no way to work/release stuff with the Stones, why shouldn't Mick do it solo, or with other collaborators?

I don't think it's about money, Mick has got enough dough and will certainly not run out of it in the foreseeable future. Maybe being present in the media/news plays a certain role, perhaps with an eye to post-lockdown times. But if he still feels like writing and recording songs, what else could/should he do anyway?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2021 16:03

shadooby
I’m sorry to any poor soul that likes this guy he just does absolutely nothing for me. I simply cannot get into anything he does. And I even like a few Nirvana songs.

You refute yourself immediately. Well played.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 17, 2021 17:57

It’s quite clear Mick has no real interest in creating new music with Keith, otherwise there would be more than one new album in nearly a quarter of a century.Even on a Bigger Bang and Bridges how much of the songs were just solo songs by the two with little input from the other.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2021 18:30

Taylor1
It’s quite clear Mick has no real interest in creating new music with Keith, otherwise there would be more than one new album in nearly a quarter of a century.Even on a Bigger Bang and Bridges how much of the songs were just solo songs by the two with little input from the other.

It's quite clear that Keith has no real interest in creating new music with Mick, otherwise there would be more than one new album....

Fixed it.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 17, 2021 18:35

Beast
What you saw was it.

[zaphod.vvhp.net]

[www.bloomberg.com]

I see, thank you. Another example of the end of civilization as we know it. Or as someone said about cocaine: God's way of telling you you have too much money.

jb

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 17, 2021 19:37

There is usually the same hyperbole here when something new is released. An amount of bashing also, but they are in minority.
After a week or so it settles down and the overpraising cools down a bit. Perhaps then we will meet somewhere in between?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 17, 2021 19:55

The natural reason it settles down is because who dislike it obviously won't give it more spins, not because they suddenly thinks it's OK
I wish I liked the track, but I don't. But I do like the effort and that Jagger doesn't fade away, musically, just the other Stones members aren't up to the task

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2021 20:15

Taylor1

True enough, and to be sure, its probably safe to say vice versa. Keith has no interest in things like Micks Getta Grip/England Lost - he even said so himself ("not stones material"), and it's hard blame him really.
Their dislike towards each other has been tangible since Dirty Work (probably before), and then some time later the rules were set in a live setting to keep Mick off the stage while Keith did his mini-set.
Some people will say, "oh gee...that's just personal time for Mick to have a break back stage, he's older, he needs his in oxygen, a foot massage, etc"...partially maybe, but the fact is there's a distance even when together.
Yes a few rare pictures of them smiling and/or getting close together, but a far cry from the days when they'd share the mic for an amazing version of Happy - both baring their souls and belting it out side by side.
It's no wonder there's so little music coming from them when they can barely stand being in the same room together, and the reason they ever do release new music together seems to be coming from a business standpoint.

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: April 17, 2021 21:42

shadooby
Sorry to hear that. I think Mr. Jagger's been part of quite a few of the greatest songs of the last 50 years. YMMV, of course.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 17, 2021 23:11

Bashlets
Isn’t it odd that this track isn’t available on iTunes or apple streaming yet? Is it going to be released on vinyl or CD?
It'd be great to have a vinyl of this

Date: April 17, 2021 23:19

treaclefingers
shadooby

You refute yourself immediately. Well played.

I meant his stuff post Nirvana of which he was just the drummer, as Cobain was the main singer/songwriter. It would make sense to anyone with half a brain, well played.

Date: April 17, 2021 23:27

Whale
Bashlets
It'd be great to have a vinyl of this

Agree. Hoping one is offered at some point,

Date: April 17, 2021 23:28

Mick has always felt the need to collaborate with younger or current popular artists try to continue to be "hip" or whatever regardless of their true talent. Like he really needs to...NOT. I mean after all he is the king of the hipsters and always will be, and I mean that. After all he's Mick Freakin' Jagger! Grohl was a good drummer in a great band for their time, nothing more. Everything he's done since is just him capitalizing on Cobain's Nirvana and without being in that band you wouldn't even know his name.

Date: April 17, 2021 23:57

shadooby
Mick has always felt the need to collaborate with younger or current popular artists try to continue to be "hip" or whatever regardless of their true talent. Like he really needs to...NOT. I mean after all he is the king of the hipsters and always will be, and I mean that. After all he's Mick Freakin' Jagger! Grohl was a good drummer in a great band for their time, nothing more. Everything he's done since is just him capitalizing on Cobain's Nirvana and without being in that band you wouldn't even know his name.

Wasn't a Nirvana fan, despite being a Seattleite and seeing the craze over the band grow first hand. Took me years to see what the younger generation saw in them frankly. Similar to Foo Fighters and Dave really.. but they have grown on me over time.

Many FOO fans today likely aren't even aware of the Nirvana connection.
Like Dave or don't, his accomplishments he's had since Nirvana are impressive, and leave little room for the notion that he isn't extremely talented (more than Cobain ever was imo) in his own right.

"Foo Fighters is an American rock band formed in Seattle, Washington in 1994. It was founded by former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl as a one-man project following the dissolution of Nirvana after the suicide of Kurt Cobain. The group took its name from "Foo fighter", a nickname coined by Allied aircraft pilots for UFOs and other aerial phenomena. Over the course of their career, Foo Fighters have won 12 Grammy Awards, including Best Rock Album four times. The band has also won an American Music Award, four Brit Awards, and two MTV Video Music Awards. As of 2015, Foo Fighters have sold over 12 million albums in the U.S."
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-17 23:59 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 18, 2021 00:09

Accolades mean squat, the proof's in the pudding to me. Jethro Tull once WON A GRAMMY and beat Metallica for best metal album, come on man...that didn't automatically make them a great METAL band...rap and hip hop artists are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that doesn't automatically make them great ROCK acts now does it? I do take your opinion into consideration and agree to disagree.

This incident is often cited as an example of the Grammy Awards selection committee being out of touch with popular sentiment
[en.wikipedia.org]

Milli Vanilli WON A GRAMMY
[en.wikipedia.org]

Internationally, Milli Vanilli sold approximately 30 MILLION (take that Dave) singles.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-18 00:53 by shadooby.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 18, 2021 01:20

it has a summer romance and where the boys go feel to it

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2021 01:48

...... damn thing gets in ya head .... fanks mick ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:34

dcba
FancyBluesMan
I'm fully aware that Mick is free to do whatever he pleases at this stage of the game but I'm sorry, I want the genuine article...Keith's Open G riffs, Ronnie's fills, Charlie's metronomic drumming...and will accept nothing less. No more solo stuff, no more collaborations

Do you realize you put a creative death sentence over Mick' head. "Do what you've always did. Don't change. Don't innovate. Don't work with outside poeple".

"Genuine article". If Mick released a by-the-book album you'd probably the 1st to say "nah nice try but it's not as good as anything from 68-72".

Mick enjoys himself. He worked with a decently-talented guy (Grohl). More power to him. The song is OK and enjoyable.
Keith is probably "dry" and Charlie wants to retire badly. Then Mick is the last surviving creative force in the band.

I'm not putting a "creative death sentence over Mick's head"; if he wishes to colloborate with other artists outside of the Stones then more power to him. I, like many, am glad to see him still active and involved. It's just that none of these 'sideline projects' have resonated with me.

Not necessarily looking for a "by-the-book album" from the Stones either; I'm smart enough to realize the days of 'Beggars Banquet'-'Let It Bleed'-'Sticky Fingers'-'Exile' are long gone. To expect something like that to resurface in 2021 would be akin to asking Dylan to give us another 'Blood On The Tracks'.

While 'Voodoo Lounge', 'Bridges to Babylon', and 'A Bigger Bang' don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the band's best efforts, there were enough decent songs on those releases to satisfy me. That's all I'm looking for at this juncture of the game. And if it simply isn't in them...for whatever reasons, including those you allude to, then I'd be perfectly happy with 'Blue & Lonesome Volume 2'.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2021 02:43

'Blue & Lonesome Volume 2'.......

Heck yeah but this time pre-war country blues tunes ..

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home