Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 15, 2021 01:29

Grohl sucks on that track and Keith must be sitting at home in Connecticut laughing his ass off! Not a shred of dynamics just a wall of constant sound. I have to say the Mick's vocals sounds great but his success ha clealry been attributable to his partnership with Keith and the rest of the stones. Otherwise, he would have spent his career competing with his brother.....filing this one in the same bin as England Lost or whatever that banal track was from six months or so ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 01:34 by Woz.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 15, 2021 01:37

Woz
Grohl sucks on that trick and Keith must be sitting at home in Connecticut laughing his ass off! Not a shred of dynamics just a wall of constant sound. I have to say the Mick's vocals sounds great but his success ha clealry been attributable to his partnership with Keith and the rest of the stones. Otherwise, he would have spent his career competing with his brother.....

A constant wall of sound? It's not Ministry.

You don't hear the dynamics?

Other than that your context has no relevance to anything. It's just a goddamn single, dude.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: April 15, 2021 01:51

My daughter's reaction:

"Sounds like something a teenage garage band would put out...or one of Aldous Snow's crappy tunes in 'Get Him to the Greek'.

Ah, the wisdom of youth...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 15, 2021 01:57

We've now reached the "I know what Keith thinks"/"Jagger is lucky Keith exists" and "My kid doesn't like it" portion of the thread.

It was a good run.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:00

Over 1.1 million views in 30 hours, not bad for a guy reaching 78 years old in 2 months, that's the way things work right now, a surprise drop, no physical format available, quick, fast and collect views on Youtube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 02:23 by georgelicks.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:03

great song
the video bears a resemblance to the video for respectable in several places

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:08

Is it able to chart like this?

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:23

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 15, 2021 03:21

Nice song. Why criticize Dave. At least it’s a fun song.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 04:11

My original opinion with regard to this song was.... It's bad, really bad.

I've given it quite a few more listens since though, and in fairness my opinion has changed. It's not just really really bad, but it is also embarrassing. It is tragic. It is truly awful. Even the title "Eazy Sleazy" is wretched. The only good thing about it is that it isn't a Stones track. Thank the Gods......

Dave Grohl??????? Dear oh dear....

Note to Keith.... Rein Jagger in or do not bother with a new Stones album.

Note to Mick.... Listen to Dylan's new album and then have a word with yourself. Also, make this monstrosity of a song the last one about the pandemic.

Note to Mick & Keith...... Work together on a new Stones album or don't bother. Solo efforts labelled as Stones songs will not cut it. This applies to both of you but obviously more towards Jagger than Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 04:13 by strat72.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 15, 2021 04:14

Posted by: Sighunt ()

MisterDDDD
We've now reached the "I know what Keith thinks"/"Jagger is lucky Keith exists" and "My kid doesn't like it" portion of the thread.

It was a good run.

From my perspective, I think it is great that this almost 78 year old man is still out there producing music. No, it isn't "You Cant Always Get What You Want" as one other poster observed, but there will be a time (sooner rather than later), when Stones fans are crying in their beer, wishing Mick Jagger (and/or the Stones) were still around....

Posted by: Taylor1 ()

Why doesn’t the interviewer ask Mick if the Stones have basically been retired as a creative unit for nearly a quarter of a century, other than their oldies live shows

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2021 04:29

strat72

I've given it quite a few more listens since though, and in fairness my opinion has changed. It's not just really really bad, but it is also embarrassing. It is tragic. It is truly awful. Even the title "Eazy Sleazy" is wretched. The only good thing about it is that it isn't a Stones track. Thank the Gods......

Note to Mick.... Listen to Dylan's new album and then have a word with yourself. Also, make this monstrosity of a song the last one about the pandemic.

Note to Mick & Keith...... Work together on a new Stones album or don't bother. Solo efforts labelled as Stones songs will not cut it. This applies to both of you but obviously more towards Jagger than Keith.

Brutally honest, and generally speaking I would somewhat agree with a few of these thoughts.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 15, 2021 04:50

Not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be from the title.

jb

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: April 15, 2021 06:13

It's only rock and roll, but I like it

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 15, 2021 06:17

I like it. To me, the line: "Tik Tok stupid dance, took a samba class" really captures 2020.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 15, 2021 06:27

Hairball
strat72

Brutally honest, and generally speaking I would somewhat agree with a few of these thoughts.

generally....somewhat.....a few....hahaha, hilarious.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2021 06:52

From The London Times:

Grohl Jagger

Eazy Sleazy review: Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl’s lockdown song is as funny as it is ridiculous
Will Hodgkinson
Wednesday April 14 2021, 12.00pm

2 of 5 stars

For so many of us the effects of the pandemic have been as distressing as the virus: agoraphobia, economic insecurity, the nagging fear that we may never get our old lives back. Spare a thought, though, for Mick Jagger, for whom lockdown has been particularly hard. “Cancel all the tours, football’s fake applause,” he laments over a punk rock version of the Rolling Stones’ guitar boogie, before listing further horrors: “No more travel brochures. Virtual premieres, I’ve got nothing left to wear!”

Faced with a situation such as this, what can a poor boy do who sings in a rock’n’roll band? “I landed on my ass, trying to write a tune,” he confesses, and then comes up with the apparent solution: “You’d better hook me up to Zoom.” Not that that solves anything, because now the glamour of Jagger’s life is stripped away. “See my poncey books, teach myself to cook. Way too much TV, it’s lobotomising me.” Has he tried Succession?

One way or another, with Eazy Sleazy Jagger manages to pack every pandemic cliché into three minutes of classic mediocre rock’n’roll, aided by Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters on drums, bass and whatever else is needed to flesh out the song, which is quite a feat. We get conspiracy theories (“Bill Gates is in my bloodstream”), obsessive study of the figures (“Looking at the graphs with a magnifying glass”), pointless ways of filling the time (“TikTok stupid dance”) sheer, utter mundanity (“Think I’ve put on weight . . . I’ll have another drink, then I’ll clean the kitchen sink”) and an optimistic chorus about the pandemic being the portal to a new age (“We’re all headed back to paradise”).

Sometimes the rhyming god abandons old Rubber Lips, such as when he pairs “easy” and “cheesy” with “please please me”, but you have to hand it to him — rather than feeling sorry for himself, the most dynamic frontman of them all has teamed up with another millionaire rock star and they amuse themselves in their own private recording studios with a tune that is as funny as it is ridiculous. It is less a protest song, more another way to pass the time in lockdown. If nothing else, it beats learning to bake banana bread.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 06:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 08:03

Never thought I’d say this but what an absolute pleasure it is to hear Jagger sing like Johnny Rotten. Would love to hear the Stones cover the punk classics.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: April 15, 2021 08:13

A Doom & Gloom rewrite talking about Tik-Tok will age as well as a song about Netscape Navigator- or Sweet Neocon-

I'm sick of seeing Kurt Cobain's drummer too -

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 15, 2021 08:36

The biblical negativity about new Stones/solo songs...is rising again!
C'mon...you shouldn't take it so hard!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 08:40 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 15, 2021 09:28

That reviewer from the Times should be sweeping streets

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 09:58

Surprising enjoyable and catchy song, with a definite punk vibe.

Definitely a throwaway - I don't think it's intended to be anything else - but fun to listen to & reminds the world that Mick is alive and kicking!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 10:03

Doxa
Wow! Listened to it about ten times alraedy - and what can I say: literally It's Only Rock'n'Roll But I Like It!

Shouldn't write anything yet, but here we go... some first impressions while listening it in a row again and again...

That's the beauty of times that people release stuff just like that - out of blue, without any notice. Seemingly Mick seems to like that - this is a third surprise relaese like that in a row (starting with "Gotta Get A Grip"/"London Lost").

Surely nothing earth-breaking for sure. But who would ask that from him - or from any of old rockers - any longer? These guys have alraedy invented enough of wheels. A nice straight-forward energetic rocker with good old punk feel in it - something grunge boy Growl nicely emphasises, especially with his aggressive guitars. Since seeing Mick with Foo Fighters back in 2012 I've been secretly wanting to hear more of their colloboration, because Growl seems to click with Mick nicely in an energy level. Forget the roll (or leave it to the Stones), let Mick just rock sometimes. Surely musically "Eazy Sleazy" is something Mick does half-sleep for sure (and he surely has dozens similar in the can). But it is the lyrical content that makes the difference and I believe is the only artistic reason for its release. (More of the lyrics later.)

But generally and interestingly, Mick seems to be nowadays motivated to release stuff only when he feels he has something current to comment on. And he wants them out quickly then. There is already a pattern there (this needs some more reflection.)

But one thing for sure: Mick really has refused to grow up gracefully... Thank god...

Damn that chorus starts to sound catchy...

- Doxa

Spot on as always, Doxa - very catchy. And a lot of fun.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 15, 2021 10:16

Doxa

[...]

But one thing for sure: Mick really has refused to grow up gracefully... Thank god...

- Doxa

Well, I listened to it three times, just to give it a chance, but I don't think much of it. I saw some people comparing it with Some Girls (??), but I don't see that at all. Even Lies (the weakest song on SG) is more layered and interesting lick-wise than this teenage grunge popsong.
But then I read Doxa's comment, and - fair enough - the silver lining of the dark cloud is that indeed, at least Mick Jagger is trying, is active, doing things and apparantly a lot of people seem to really like it (at least around here, the rest of the world I am not so sure about) so good luck to him then. I praise his energy to go ahead and make stuff.
Come on Keith, do something!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: April 15, 2021 10:25

I expect that Keith is busy writing and playing and that his next solo project will be very good, like the last one.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 10:34

Taylor1
Song is crap. Mick, try doing something more complex and creative . Hard to believe same guy who wrote You Can't Always Get What You Want wrote this.

I AGREE! Thank you.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 15, 2021 11:09

Very average song. Lyrics are not very good.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 15, 2021 11:14

...too much criticizes here..it’s just a free gift to the fans..!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home