Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:54

It's called RocknRoll .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:12

Great job, agree about the Liar vibes but the bridge is kinda cool. Excellent lyrics! Nice one Sir Mick!smileys with beer

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:30

Taylor1
Dave Stewart,Matt Clifford,Dave Grohl.For the last quarter of a century,Mick has been collaborating more with other mut than Keith in writing music.What’s left has been the live shows.It’s still great seeing the band live but they have been basically ban an oldies act for a quarter of a century

The current Rolling Stones as a tribute act (band) to the older versions of the Rolling Stones

Re: WE WANT THE GROHLING STONES, WE WANT THE GROHLING STONES!!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:36

deeeskannnie
treaclefingers
Quique-stone
treaclefingers
We need a new Grohling Stones Album!

smiling smiley

To be perfectly clear, I picked Grohling Stones up by someone else earlier in the thread...much as I wish I could claim ownership!

You can stil get the domain name though... it's up for grabs.

Hilarious...I actually looked it up and considered it last night!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:37

KeithNacho
I really appreciatte Jagger's effort on this. Rock with energy. Wellcome to this kind of things.
That said, i do not like the song. Too much noise, no goove

Does anyone need goove though? Really? Isn't that like a Gwyneth Paltrow thing?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:50

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:04

triceratops
Taylor1
Dave Stewart,Matt Clifford,Dave Grohl.For the last quarter of a century,Mick has been collaborating more with other mut than Keith in writing music.What’s left has been the live shows.It’s still great seeing the band live but they have been basically ban an oldies act for a quarter of a century

The current Rolling Stones as a tribute act (band) to the older versions of the Rolling Stones

We always need some Sherlocks here.smoking smiley

But no offense, gentlemen... I spend some ten years of reflection to spell that out.... documented here at IORR under the meme "Vegas era".

- Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:16

It's only Mick & Grohl, but I like it, like it, yes I do. drinking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:17

I like the guitar tone.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:20

SHOOTING THE VACCINE
BILL GATES IS IN MY BLOODSTREAM
ITS MIND CONTROL
THE EARTH IS FLAT AND COLD
ITS NEVER WARMING UP
THE ARCTICS TURNED TO SLUSH
THE SECOND COMINGS LATE
THERE'S ALIENS IN THE DEEP STATE

I love this part grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 15:20 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:20

What does "You're trying to take the Mick you must think I'm really thick" mean? Has it some colloquial meaning or is he referring to himself in the third person? Sort of reminds me of the "Take me back I'm all yours Jack" in OMS which was probably just for the sake of rhyme.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:23

'take the mick' means to 'mock someone' or 'have a laugh at someone's expense'

'Thick' here meaning 'stupid'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 15:26 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:26

tupelo68
I WANT THE SAME VACCINE !!!!

Me too drinking smiley. This song is a fantastic punkish rocker á la Sex Pistols/Liar. Love it!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:30

Doxa
Funny to think of that punk element there - and the different ways these two guys approach it. For Grohl I guess 'punk rock' was something he basically had learned from school books, as an elementary and inspirational material in order to create a new rock genre, grunge. For Mick punk was a genre that kicked his already legendary, old balls, but which forced him - inspirationally - to adapt to its challenge. And here those approaches meet, punk being like a missing link between those two parties...

There is something beautiful there, both musically and historically, me thinks. Thanks Mick, thanks Dave. Well done.

- Doxa

Well said Doxa.
Dave, apparently cut his teeth on "hardcore punk" which tbh, I never really knew was a thing as I previously thought of all punk as "hardcore punk". winking smiley

"At age 17, Grohl joined punk rock band Scream after the departure of drummer Kent Stax. He joined Nirvana soon after Scream's disbandment."

"Scream is an American hardcore punk band from Washington, D.C., that originally formed in the suburb of Bailey's Crossroads, Virginia, United States. Scream originally formed in 1981 within the vanguard of the Washington Hardcore explosion. In 2009 the band reunited, and as of January 2012 were on tour in Europe.[1] As of 2017, the band was still touring in both America and the United Kingdom."
[en.wikipedia.org])

"Hardcore punk (often abbreviated to hardcore) is a punk rock music genre and subculture that originated in the late 1970s. It is generally faster, harder, and more aggressive than other forms of punk rock"
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 15:33 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:32

Best thing he's done since Tattoo You.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:33

gave it another try

insipid, cold and boring muscolar exercise, sounds as "a god gave me everything" part II: no roll (even doom & gloom, that comes from the same mould/attitude, has more roll in it, but wittier lyrics)

no need of another lockdown song also, but glad mick did not kept it for himself. hope for a ROLLING stones release sooner than later

good for the many stones fans that appreciate this kind of rock, kind of Mick's trademark by now, I must admit

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:49

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 14, 2021 15:59

It's amazing how much attention he gets from the press for such a silly song

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:07

Horrible lyrics too...Mick is just tryng to be socially hip and whenever he does that it's emnbarassing - Sweet Neocon, etc.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:15

Wow, so many negative Nancies around here, you'd think that the singer of your favorite band releasing a surprise song that rocks your socks off with a guy that's got rock cred and that gets kudos from the press and most everyone out there could only be received warmly and positively, but no ! Just prefer to feel miserable, eh ?

In other (?) news, here's a reminder that Mick will be holding a (virtual ?) press conference tomorrow at 11AM "from" the Velodrome in Marseille for Exhibitionnism, let's hope a journo asks him about the song !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:52

Good job, agree about the Liar vibes.

A great energy between Mick and Dave, they have a good time, obviously.

Mirroring Mick's activity, his ability to compose and offer new material, I quickly think of Keith, who embodies ... quite the opposite.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 17:17 by powerage78.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:55

NilsHolgersson
SHOOTING THE VACCINE
BILL GATES IS IN MY BLOODSTREAM
ITS MIND CONTROL
THE EARTH IS FLAT AND COLD
ITS NEVER WARMING UP
THE ARCTICS TURNED TO SLUSH
THE SECOND COMINGS LATE
THERE'S ALIENS IN THE DEEP STATE

I love this part grinning smiley

The lockdown got Mick inspired to put out some clever lyrics. Very nice!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 14, 2021 16:56

... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 17:10 by maumau.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:02

This song made me want to listen to some Mick Jagger again.
I've always loved a lot of his albums, I love She the boss or Primitive Cool, really cool.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:17

I'll repeat my first statement - it seems to be in the same vein as "Doom and Gloom". Catchy, in your face. But it remains to see how long it stays that way.
The lyrics are social commenting. Like all late Jagger lyrics. You would, perhaps, expect more introspective, self-reflecting lyrics from a 77-year-old.
But that is not going to happen.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:26

The resemblance to "Liar" in the main riff would be the only reason I wouldn't give it an A+. For that sin, "Eazy Sleazy" gets only gets an easy A from me. I love it. It rocks my face, and I've liked every listen so far. I make sure to listen to it with my tv set up with a subwoofer, so I can get the feeling of the drum bass sound.

I would address the similarity of the main riff to "Liar" by referencing "Mean Disposition" a song I love but that clearly brings nothing new to the table in terms of songwriting. As others have referenced Chuck Berry's influence on some Stones songs, and the blues in general. Sometimes it's as much as what you're doing with it as it is what you're doing it with.

It's true that I'm starved for new Rolling Stones music even after the feast that is FFSO and I would have appreciated any release even if it was bad, but I really do enjoy this song quite a bit. I think it has that energy and a fresh spark, something intangible that comes out in the mix. I like Grohl's heavy drumming. I think the lyrics are droll and cheeky. Normally I don't like lyrics that will become dated like these quickly will (and as Mick freely acknowledged they would), but hey, punk rock is not about pleasing the audience! Songs often reflect the times they're written in, and this is a perfect example of that type of modern song.

The pre-chorus is good, and I also really dig the chorus. It does sound breezy, and is kind of a nice, sophisticated, slightly laid-back refreshing contrast with the driving statico rhythm of the verses.

Mick's singing is great. Not overly fussy and enunciated, but still a lot of melody in there. I love little things like the way he sings the two syllable "class" in the Samba class line.

Posted by: ekelundh ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:28

Great song with lots of energy, punk flavours and solid drumming and guitars. I think the Grohl contribution turns the song execution into head-on calculated rock territory away from stonesy laid back swagger territory with more sparse unpredictable drum and guitar work.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:41

I love that Mick is active and felt inspired, so cool. And it's a fun song. I doubt I'll listen to it next year and going forward. And great choice with having Grohl be part of it. Nice to see two such powerhouses in music work together like this and under these circumstances.

Now where I loose some respect for Mick is putting flat earth society and people concerned about the vaccines in the same verse. That's simply stupid.

One you can easily and logically explain away in 5 min logically and 30 min by a physical test! (flat earth!)

The other one not so much, as leading scientist are very, very concerned about the safety of the vaccines as well as the long term consequences.

If Mick think he is smarter than those people, that's just stupid. Mixing Gates and microchipping/whatever, with flat earthers and people with scientific and logical concerns about vaccines... Not cool Mick. Especially since he already on highwire back in the day was all about following the money, and if you do that in the vaccine debates... we can already see that what was covered as 100% safe and no worries, is being stopped more and more places...

And hey, since this isn't a place for politics, I remain super happy that Mick is active and looking forward to tour. And I remember BBC Top Of The Pops in 1987 and "Let's Work" as an example of Mick trying to be relevant... so I'm not overly concerned now" ;-)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 14, 2021 18:04

peoplewitheyes
'take the mick' means to 'mock someone' or 'have a laugh at someone's expense'

'Thick' here meaning 'stupid'

Yes, but he is also referring to himself.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 14, 2021 18:15

What a surprice! A great single - and just we needed in this pandemic. Hard rocking, energetic, polemic - and fun.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home