Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24
WE WANT THE GROHLING STONES, WE WANT THE GROHLING STONES!!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 07:17

We need a new Grohling Stones Album!

Re: WE WANT THE GROHLING STONES, WE WANT THE GROHLING STONES!!
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 14, 2021 07:27

treaclefingers

smiling smiley

Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 14, 2021 07:28

It’s a damn fine song...Jagger is the G.O.A.T. thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 07:34

Quique-stone
treaclefingers

smiling smiley

To be perfectly clear, I picked Grohling Stones up by someone else earlier in the thread...much as I wish I could claim ownership!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:23

This Easy Sleazy is fantastic in my opinion!!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:34

sarahunwin
This Easy Sleazy is fantastic in my opinion!!!

thumbs upsmileys with beer

The biblical negativity of this forum about every new Stones/solo song...is put to the test!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 08:35 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:47

Doxa
GasLightStreet
emotionalbarbecue
Great!

First impression:

Pure Jagger.

BUT

At the same time it is hard to find stones sound/flavor/scent in it.

This is the first time that it happens to me with a Jagger's song.

Why does it need to have a Stones sound/flavor/scent in it?

Mick's guitaring should be the obvious sound/flavor/scent.

Haha, if not his guitar, just the moment he opens his mouth to sing a song he has written the result is doomed to sound Rolling Stonesy... I think Jagger's 'dilemma' is that no matter if he even tries to escape typical Rolling Stones sound boundaries, and no matter with whom he plays, he can't help to sound nothing but a Rolling Stone and that dominates the outcome (or, as it sometiems happen, is in a conflict with the rest)... like Keith, he breathes and embodies Rolling Stones.

That said, I think it is nice to hear sometimes Mick playing with someone else than Keith and the rest of his gang. Just for a change. I think the Grohl/Jagger colloboration works nicely here - the more traditional hard rock style, without the famous 'roll' element, fits well here. The stonesian and foofighterian worlds - being apart by a couple of generations of rock music - meet rather naturally there - surprisingly well me thinks.

Funny to think of that punk element there - and the different ways these two guys approach it. For Grohl I guess 'punk rock' was something he basically had learned from school books, as an elementary and inspirational material in order to create a new rock genre, grunge. For Mick punk was a genre that kicked his already legendary, old balls, but which forced him - inspirationally - to adapt to its challenge. And here those approaches meet, punk being like a missing link between those two parties...

There is something beautiful there, both musically and historically, me thinks. Thanks Mick, thanks Dave. Well done.

- Doxa

Well said Doxa!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 14, 2021 09:20

Can’t wait for the cd and vinyl for this!
I too wanna hear more of the Grohling Srones.Let’s have an album.
I agree with your comments there zeppo1 and Doxa.
This humour filled classic punk rock track has put an extra spring in my step this fine morning.Gonna dust down the convertible ,grab the shades,head out for some morning sun and crank this beauty up to ten on the stereo.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: April 14, 2021 10:22

slewan
I don't even wanna imagine what KR is going say about this…

He already commented on it, pro-actively so to speak (a.o.) in the Netflix rockumentary "Under The Influence":

" 'Rock'?! Well, you know... it's all... white man have turned it into some kinda march, you know. Bweeeeea-bweeeeea-bweeeeea... they completely forgot about the 'Roll'."

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: April 14, 2021 10:35

treaclefingers
Quique-stone
treaclefingers

smiling smiley

To be perfectly clear, I picked Grohling Stones up by someone else earlier in the thread...much as I wish I could claim ownership!

You can stil get the domain name though... it's up for grabs.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 14, 2021 10:36

Meanwhile I don't like the drumming or guitarplaying of Grohl, I like the effort and Jagger's energy. What's the matter with Jagger anyway? I'm only half of his age, and I haven't got half of his energy, for me it's straining just writing this

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 14, 2021 10:40

Erik_Snow
Meanwhile I don't like the drumming or guitarplaying of Grohl, I like the effort and Jagger's energy. What's the matter with Jagger anyway? I'm only half of his age, and I haven't got half of his energy, for me it's straining just writing this

Quit smoking, Erik winking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 14, 2021 10:46

Big Al
Erik_Snow
Meanwhile I don't like the drumming or guitarplaying of Grohl, I like the effort and Jagger's energy. What's the matter with Jagger anyway? I'm only half of his age, but I haven't got half of his energy, for me it's straining just writing this

Quit smoking, Erik winking smiley

That, I quit, in january 2016, so there. So I don't have to lift my arm that much now, thanks for that.

Too many letters for me today, gotta take a nap...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 14, 2021 11:06

What a tune! Mick provides the lyrics and great singing at his age given the age of his vocal cords, he sounds like a 22 year old's vocal cords. Grohl provides the extreme kick-ass and 90% of the instrumental talent.
Words from Mick. Music from Grohl. I am glad Grohl exercised vocals restraint, but lots of exuberance, and that Grohl did not sing a lick. Kind of a yin-yang thing. An astute division of labors.

I bet Grohl and the Foos could put out a full album of Stones tunes re-imagined. Kicking off with some Ventilator Blues murky sludge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 11:22 by triceratops.

Date: April 14, 2021 11:20

TheGreek
That was fun . Great lyrics and some nice playing by Dave Grohl with a nice fill as well . Very fun song . I love it .Thanks for posting !

A bit like Shattered with its rap/spoken declarational lyrics. In tribute to K, Grohl chucks in some Keith riffs that K got from Chuck Berry.

Shattered = NYC sucking in the Seventies. This tune = the whole world sucking under this Cov-Pandemic, lockdowns, job losses, people going mental under lockdowns

Date: April 14, 2021 11:24

triceratops
What a tune! Mick provides the lyrics and great singing at his age given the age of his vocal cords, he sounds like a 22 year old's vocal cords. Grohl provides the extreme kick-ass and 90% of the instrumental talent.
Words from Mick. Music from Grohl. I am glad Grohl exercised vocals restraint, but lots of exuberance, and that Grohl did not sing a lick. Kind of a yin-yang thing. An astute division of labors.

I bet Grohl and the Foos could put out a full album of Stones tunes re-imagined. Kicking off with some Ventilator Blues murky sludge.

IMO, Jagger's rhythm guitar is essential for making this tune sound good.

Date: April 14, 2021 11:27

Big Al
I’m listening for a second time with my decent headphones and a large glass of Malbec: it sounds so much better, now! Definite Sex Pistols vibes with the verses. Not bad at all.

El Gato Negro Malbec from Argentina is me new go to. The driest red wine I have found. Much better than cab sauvignon. Dry dry dry

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 11:30

Sorry, but this is weak.

"Living in a ghost town" is great, great, great.

We need more Stones, not this shit.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 14, 2021 11:30

slewan
dcba
Physiologically, Mick is 15 years younger than Keef or Charlie. Therefore it's only normal Mick works with the younger generation.

And (imho) that gives us a hint of post-Stones activities : Keef and Charlie will retire while Mick will keep going with younger people.

of course he is and of course he will – but only to find out that nobody is interested in Mick Jagger solo (just as it was in the 80s, the 90s etc.)

I think Mick is wise enough to realize the record biz is now so atomized it's pointless to think of a solo career. Imo he'll go for one-off collaborations with "hot" trendy musicians or bands.

Date: April 14, 2021 11:31

DandelionPowderman
triceratops

IMO, Jagger's rhythm guitar is essential for making this tune sound good.

You are much better on the breakdown than I am, so all credit to Sir Mick! These are my first few listens. I know one thing, Mick can strum but he cannot pound drums the way Grohl does to open and throughout this tune.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 14, 2021 12:17

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Mick Jagger chats in the Music News

Matt Everitt joins Shaun with the latest Music News & today he chats with Mick Jagger about his new track recorded with Dave Grohl

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 12:33

Thank You ..Lien ....
can you alert us all when we can listen to it ....please

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 12:47

..... Micks lyrics show how small the
world really is .... hes commenting on
the same kinda shit we's all gettin dragged
thru ....Gates in ya blood ... travel ... prison walls .... YEAH

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 12:53

Dave Stewart,Matt Clifford,Dave Grohl.For the last quarter of a century,Mick has been collaborating more with other mut than Keith in writing music.What’s left has been the live shows.It’s still great seeing the band live but they have been basically ban an oldies act for a quarter of a century

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 14, 2021 12:59

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!
Catchy.
Uplifting.
Dynamic.
And first of all:
What a fantastic energy!!!!!
With nearly 78!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:09

I really appreciatte Jagger's effort on this. Rock with energy. Wellcome to this kind of things.
That said, i do not like the song. Too much noise, no goove

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:18

Why did you decide to write about conspiracy theories?
It just seems to be that even people you know that are relatively sensible about a lot of things have one thing that they just don’t kind of get. I have several friends and relations and they go off on these things that just doesn’t… They’re just irrational. Of course, there’s no point in speaking to people about it. They don’t get it. They got what they believe in and they believe in that. And it doesn’t matter what you say, they’re gonna believe in it. And rational thought doesn’t work.

Even a country like France that prided themselves in the 18th Century on rationality is the most anti-vaccine country in Western democracy. It’s not as if [vaccines] are a new thing. When I was a child, which was a really long time ago, people would die from polio. They would just not be there the next day. And that’s been eradicated through vaccines. These poor children were either dead or crippled, and I had lots of friends like that. Would you rather have a vaccine if you had a child or would you rather their legs not work? You can’t argue with these people. So that’s how I got to the conspiracy theories; through the anti-vaxxers. Even I didn’t mention it in that verse; I probably should’ve though [since] I just went off on it. [Laughs]

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:41

KRiffhard
Shott
More insipid social commentary from Mick. No emotional power. Gimme Crosseyed Heart.

...to sleep!

Wow...really...

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:43

I am glad Mick and Dave collaborated on creating new music because the SNL performance(IORR) of 2012 was really fantastic and it was obvious that the 2 musicians had a strong connection through playing kickass rock and roll music.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: tupelo68 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 13:49

I WANT THE SAME VACCINE !!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50