Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: April 14, 2021 02:31

To me its a cross of Doom and Gloom and All the Rage

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2021 02:34

shortfatfanny
Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball
And considering the much edgier Liar dates all the way back to '77, makes this new tune sound a bit redundant and quite dated.

My grumpy old grandma could have said that too...

Funny - was she also a fan of the Sex Pistols?

Nah...she died in '86 and I guess she wasn't aware of the pistols...
But she had a soft spot for the royal family...so in a certain way
there's a link...a very weak link,I must admit...

Both of my grandma's died ten years after yours. One of them was a bit grumpy at times, while the other was always cheerful.
Neither were aware of the Sex Pistols as far as I know except for what they might have heard blasting from my room when they'd come over to visit when I was a teenager in the '70's.
May they all rest in peace....

As for the obvious similarities between the Sex Pistols' Liar and this new Grohl/Jagger tune, seems that usually in the past when Mick has been influenced by something, he doesn't make it so literal.
Sure there's always been bits and pieces that sound a bit familiar here and there, but in this case several people in this thread have traced it directly back to the Sex Pistols Liar - seems Mick's getting a bit lazy maybe.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 14, 2021 02:37

"You see a pretty girl, but you can’t take any chances before the vaccine" said no one ever

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 14, 2021 02:44

First impressions- I like it. Nice departure for Mick. He needs to shake it up and takes some risks. Doesn't sound like your typical Stones tune which is why I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 02:52 by Sighunt.

Date: April 14, 2021 02:57

Maybe Keith is an anti-vaxxer - you don't know how a vaccin reacts in his body, it might be the opposite of regular people

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 14, 2021 02:59

it's_all_wrong
I'm at least glad that Mick seems to have accepted his fate as a rock stalwart instead of a pop star-in-waiting

I wouldn't categorize Mick any way at all. He escapes those constantly - which seems to be one of (many) reasons he seems to irrate so many in conservative rock circles. I think it is a very Jaggerian thing to make a pure hard rocking piece, with a nod to Sex Pistols, as it would make an album of old blues covers, or a dance song duet with some hot pop name tomorrow (just imagine the response here!). Or a traditional sounding Rolling Stones album.

Actually being that liberal as far as genres go is one of the features I personally admire in Jagger. Not that I like all he does - sometimes I think his skills doesn't quite meet the demands of his will - but I like that curious, open-minded attitude that seems to stem so naturally from him. We need more people like that.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 03:04 by Doxa.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 14, 2021 02:59

Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball
And considering the much edgier Liar dates all the way back to '77, makes this new tune sound a bit redundant and quite dated.

Both of my grandma's died ten years after yours. One of them was a bit grumpy at times, while the other was always cheerful.
Neither were aware of the Sex Pistols as far as I know except for what they might have heard blasting from my room when they'd come over to visit when I was a teenager in the '70's.

As for the obvious similarities between the Sex Pistols' Liar and this new Grohl/Jagger tune, seems that usually in the past when Mick has been influenced by something, he doesn't make it so literal.
Sure there's always been bits and pieces that sound a bit familiar here and there, but in this case several people in this thread have traced it directly back to the Sex Pistols Liar - seems Mick's getting a bit lazy maybe.

From vocodergate to copyrightgate... And it's no surprise who's gradually taking over this thread!

So here we go: The reminiscences to the Sex Pistols may at best be similar to those between IORR or Star Star and Chuck Berry - and noone accused the Stones of being lazy.

But if you feel you're onto discovering a capital crime (again), just contact the Sex Pistols publishers and let us know the results.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 14, 2021 03:02

Catchy. A-

Date: April 14, 2021 03:04

Maybe Bill Gates needed someone to market the vaccines and this is just the commercial to do it: he used the Stones before for marketing Windows 95 (Start Me Up)

Date: April 14, 2021 03:11

I forgot about the controversial Anybody Seen My Baby which borrowed heavily from the K.D. Lange tune - the similarities were so close she was even given credit on a Stones tune!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 03:13

Holy crap!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! It’s the best Mick has sounded in decades and has none of his forced over-enunciated rhymes. The lyrics are great. Lobotimizing me!! Ha!! I’m excited. I’m thrilled. Really it’s far better than expected and an amazing surprise!!! Kudos to Sir Mick and Dave for a real rocker!

Date: April 14, 2021 03:15

Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney are now releasing music in the same week.. what happened to their old gentlemen's agreement?..

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 14, 2021 03:53

To say Mick Jagger is copying the Sex Pistols is laughable.It’s like saying Blue Nun vino is similar to Krug .
The latter are a bunch of talentless morons who ripped off everything they possibly could.A bag of sh##e to put it mildly.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: April 14, 2021 04:08

Mick summed it up best on 'Wandering Spirit'...

"Put Me in the Trash"

Pure unadulterated garbage.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: April 14, 2021 04:22

HORROBLE!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2021 04:43

Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball

Nah. Maybe it is an inspiration. Nothing wrong with that. What if it sounded closer to It's Only Rock'N'Roll? Or a fast Purple Rain? It's just a song. It kicks. Great singing.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 14, 2021 05:22

I'm not one of those Mick solo haters like so many here....I loved She's the Boss in high school although I rarely listen to it now and I have many favorite Mick solo songs but this one is just not very good....I tired to like it. No melody at all and just driving noise...Sounds like God Gave me Everything which I never liked but its not even as good. Mick! Call Keith and hook up in a studio and make music!

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 05:35

Mick Jagger is going to be 78 years old in a few months.

I don't say that as an excuse to lower the bar for his age.

I say that to remind myself and others that there is another way to grow old.

You can bitch, complain, bitch, complain, repeat. And sound like what is commonly thought of as the old man stereotype. Muttering in a rest home about Jell-0, yelling at clouds, etc.

Or you can @#$%& enjoy life.

I @#$%& love that I woke up this morning and heard a new Mick Jagger song.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 14, 2021 05:45

zeppo1

smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:10

snorton
To me its a cross of Doom and Gloom and All the Rage

Where The Boys Go.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:11

This is a fantastic song from Jagger and of course Grohl. Easily one of my favorite solo songs from him!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:18

jahisnotdead
zeppo1

smileys with beer

@#$%& love it as well.
Caught Mick's post 45 seconds after he posted it.
Listened to it a bunch.. found myself humming it at the grocery store cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:31

GasLightStreet
Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball
shortfatfanny
Hairball

Nah. Maybe it is an inspiration. Nothing wrong with that. What if it sounded closer to It's Only Rock'N'Roll? Or a fast Purple Rain? It's just a song. It kicks. Great singing.

I almost feel bad for people that seem to be having a bad visceral reaction to it. Chill the...heck...out and just enjoy it.

We got a new Mick Jagger song today, and it rocks.

Date: April 14, 2021 06:36

Would have been nice to hear what Mick has to say about the supposed new Stones album in that Rolling Stone interview. He talks about TikTok, conspiracies, anti-vaxxers, Trump, and just about everything else,
yet no word on the progress of the new album or lack thereof. Maybe it was a stipulation that any mention of the Stones and/or the supposed new album is completely off limits.
Also wondering what he thinks about the possibilities of rescheduling the postponed tour, and any reasons why they haven't rescheduled yet like most other bands and artists have.
And finally, how does he feel about the mass leakage of the three CD Fully Finished Studio Outtakes bootleg, and the overwhelmingly positive reaction from most fans.
Hopefully some of these matters will be addressed in other interviews he gives during this publicity campaign - I hope so anyways.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 06:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:51

It's ok, listenable.

Good on Mick for still releasing and writing music, lord knows he doesn't need to do it. I hear the Liar influence very prominently.

I do love Grohl's drumming so that's a nice addition.

Can't help but notice how brickwalled and compressed the sound is which is unfortunate.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:56

May I also say that I appreciate that this is an unapologetically fast rocker. Living In A Ghost Town was great, and there are a lot of awesome slow and midtempo Stones songs, but I'm so happy that this is just a flat out in your face jam.

Date: April 14, 2021 07:01

stargroover
Probably even better than “God gave me everything “ and that was f””kin’ awesome.
Mick really in touch with his fellow countryman releasing it the week we came out of lockdown.
Got a sneaky feeling Keef is gonna put something out which will mirror this gem.
If we could just get them together...

totally...I definitely like this better than GGME

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 14, 2021 07:03

Hairball
Would have been nice to hear what Mick has to say about the supposed new Stones album in that Rolling Stone interview. He talks about TikTok, conspiracies, anti-vaxxers, Trump, and just about everything else,
yet no word on the progress of the new album or lack thereof. Maybe it was a stipulation that any mention of the Stones and/or the supposed new album is completely off limits.
Also wondering what he thinks about the possibilities of rescheduling the postponed tour, and any reasons why they haven't rescheduled yet like most other bands and artists have.
And finally, how does he feel about the mass leakage of the three CD Fully Finished Studio Outtakes bootleg, and the overwhelmingly positive reaction from most fans.
Hopefully some of these matters will be addressed in other interviews he gives during this publicity campaign - I hope so anyways.

100% agree. Most likely Mick requested no Stones questions

Date: April 14, 2021 07:04

Shott
More insipid social commentary from Mick. No emotional power. Gimme Crosseyed Heart.

you can have my copy...very 'gently' used.

Date: April 14, 2021 07:11

Stoneage
Reminds me of "Doom and Gloom" a bit. A, nowadays, typical Mick-song. I think the collaboration with Grohl rejuvenates him. It seems like he has a urge to stay busy.
And I guess Grohl is easy to work with. A very likeable guy, Grohl. The song? good or bad? Something in between, like "Doom and Gloom". So far at least. I've only listened to it once...

I liked Doom and Gloom but this one has a bit more charm to it and is more on the money as far as social commentary using humour to such great effect. Thinking of how bad something like Sweet Neo Con turned out, by comparison.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home