Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 24
Re: NEW!- EAZY SLEAZY — Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:11

stargroover
Hey this is pretty darn good.Lyrics are funny too.Keeping on rocking Mick!Bopping in the beer garden to this tastey rocker!

smileys with beer

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:14

The term “sophistry” comes to mind.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:16

I think I'd have to go back to "Saint of Me" to remember a track I thought got me as riled up as this one.

I'm not a huge Dave Grohl fan, but have to say love his enthusiasm of classic rock and LOVE the set he did with Mick on SNL a few years back...IORR, fantastic.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()

I did like the double tracked, 'thicker' vocals, made a change from the thin, nasally, high-in-the-mix vocals of 'recent' years.

Posted by: slewan ()

dcba
Christiaan
why not with my hero Keith? And Charlie and Ronnie?

Physiologically, Mick is 15 years younger than Keef or Charlie. Therefore it's only normal Mick works with the younger generation.

And (imho) that gives us a hint of post-Stones activities : Keef and Charlie will retire while Mick will keep going with younger people.

of course he is and of course he will – but only to find out that nobody is interested in Mick Jagger solo (just as it was in the 80s, the 90s etc.)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:17

I’m listening for a second time with my decent headphones and a large glass of Malbec: it sounds so much better, now! Definite Sex Pistols vibes with the verses. Not bad at all.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:21

Hearing the weird "ahs" far in the background too ?

slewan
dcba
Christiaan
why not with my hero Keith? And Charlie and Ronnie?

Physiologically, Mick is 15 years younger than Keef or Charlie. Therefore it's only normal Mick works with the younger generation.

And (imho) that gives us a hint of post-Stones activities : Keef and Charlie will retire while Mick will keep going with younger people.

of course he is and of course he will – but only to find out that nobody is interested in Mick Jagger solo (just as it was in the 80s, the 90s etc.)

Not if the Stones are "finished", look at what happened with Roger Waters, no one cared about his tours in 84 and 87 and he's been filling stadiums since he came back in 99 after Pink Floyd hung it up in 94.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 20:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:30

peoplewitheyes
I did like the double tracked, 'thicker' vocals, made a change from the thin, nasally, high-in-the-mix vocals of 'recent' years.

Yes, the vocals sound great here!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:34

Cant be arsed trawling through the thread to see if anyone else has picked up on it being quite similar to 'Liar' by the Sex Pistols, but I think its quite noticeable

video: [www.youtube.com]

I think its pretty good, even despite the overdone faux snarling Cockney vocals. The lyrics are very sharp. Grohl seems to work well with Mick.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:37

gotdablouse
Yep, was just about to post that, well I'm not sure he has a "record deal" so who's going to put it on Spotify ? ;-)

Anyone that knows what they're doing or knows someone that knows what they're doing can release music on Spotify. And YouTube. And YouTube Music. And Amazon Music. And Apple Music.

It doesn't require a record deal.

Date: April 13, 2021 20:38

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
peoplewitheyes
That was kind of embarrassing

No it wasn't. It isn't. It's rockin'!

Might want to wait for the review from peoplewithears... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 21:00 by GasLightStreet.

Date: April 13, 2021 20:39

bakersfield
It’s ok. But what does this tell us about the Stones album? Is it finished, or did they hit another wall, or what?

Just...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:39

LOOKING OUT FROM THESE PRISON WALLS

Is Mick becoming an Ellen Degeneres, comparing his million dollar mansions to a prison?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:42

I liked it, happy to see Mick in great shape!
What will Keith think? He will be happy to see his friend in great shape, I think they have passed that phase of jealousy.

Date: April 13, 2021 20:43

Gazza
Cant be arsed trawling through the thread to see if anyone else has picked up on it being quite similar to 'Liar' by the Sex Pistols, but I think its quite noticeable

video: [www.youtube.com]

I think its pretty good, even despite the overdone faux snarling Cockney vocals. The lyrics are very sharp. Grohl seems to work well with Mick.

Someone posted something else, can't recall, and the link doesn't work. It is similar but Eazy is way more tuneful. You know, written by an actual musician. The overdone Cockney is excellent - great snipes at ridiculous elements of society, which clearly sounds like Mick's sense of humor. A nice touch in the right places.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:56

treaclefingers
I think I'd have to go back to "Saint of Me" to remember a track I thought got me as riled up as this one.

I'm not a huge Dave Grohl fan, but have to say love his enthusiasm of classic rock and LOVE the set he did with Mick on SNL a few years back...IORR, fantastic.

Whatever people think of Grohl's singing and songwriting, he's definitely one of the best hard rock drummers of his generation.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:59

slewan
I don't even wanna imagine what KR is going say about this…

Probably the same lame quotes he’s been using since 1985

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:02

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this song!! What a wonderful surprise!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:03

I'd be very surprised if Mick hadn't tried to get KR involved originally...

Anyway here's a long and interesting Mick interview in RS : [www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 21:26 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:03

Wow! Listened to it about ten times alraedy - and what can I say: literally It's Only Rock'n'Roll But I Like It!

Shouldn't write anything yet, but here we go... some first impressions while listening it in a row again and again...

That's the beauty of times that people release stuff just like that - out of blue, without any notice. Seemingly Mick seems to like that - this is a third surprise relaese like that in a row (starting with "Gotta Get A Grip"/"London Lost").

Surely nothing earth-breaking for sure. But who would ask that from him - or from any of old rockers - any longer? These guys have alraedy invented enough of wheels. A nice straight-forward energetic rocker with good old punk feel in it - something grunge boy Growl nicely emphasises, especially with his aggressive guitars. Since seeing Mick with Foo Fighters back in 2012 I've been secretly wanting to hear more of their colloboration, because Growl seems to click with Mick nicely in an energy level. Forget the roll (or leave it to the Stones), let Mick just rock sometimes. Surely musically "Eazy Sleazy" is something Mick does half-sleep for sure (and he surely has dozens similar in the can). But it is the lyrical content that makes the difference and I believe is the only artistic reason for its release. (More of the lyrics later.)

But generally and interestingly, Mick seems to be nowadays motivated to release stuff only when he feels he has something current to comment on. And he wants them out quickly then. There is already a pattern there (this needs some more reflection.)

But one thing for sure: Mick really has refused to grow up gracefully... Thank god...

Damn that chorus starts to sound catchy...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 21:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:16

Filler! Nothing special! Throwaway song! Lyrics are garbage and the song isn't that good. But hey, it's matter of taste.

Date: April 13, 2021 21:19

Dont like it one bit.

Ghost town remains the real lockdown song

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:21

...One of the worst songs I've ever heard?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:22

Sounds like something this guy would upload:

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:22

love it! fun.. has that tongue in cheek playful attitude from some girls, emotional rescue, tattoo you.. wish it was a stones tune but sounds great

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:28

I'm really loving Mick right now. Very cool song and dare I say it's "relevant". Even a nod to The Beatles at the end, or maybe I'm mistaken? Please Please Me. Way to go Mick!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:29

Simply fun-tastic!

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:36

thanks Mick,thanks Dave,cheers.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:37

slewan
I don't even wanna imagine what KR is going say about this…

His creativity in the last quarter century hardly puts him in a credible position from which to bitch, in fairness.

Date: April 13, 2021 21:39

Doxa
Surely nothing earth-breaking for sure. But who would ask that from him - or from any of old rockers - any longer?

No need for earth-breaking etc whateverness. It's just music. And it kicks! That's all that matters, really. Some don't like it.

Whateverrrrrrrr. I guess they're just too high echeloned to like something fun that's good.

What does it matter.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home