Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT The Great Lost Kinks Single
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 9, 2021 14:04

Does anyone know anything about this ?

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Re: OT The Great Lost Kinks Single
Date: April 9, 2021 15:17

Some info here: [forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 9, 2021 16:11

Thanks DP - I had read that thread but am none the wiser. Why did the Kinks not release the song under their own name name and why does it contain part of another song from 4 years earlier?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 9, 2021 16:51

Wild Turkey?

I had their first albums. It was the band from Glenn Gornick, bass player on the first few J. Tull albums.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 9, 2021 16:57

johnnythunders
Thanks DP - I had read that thread but am none the wiser. Why did the Kinks not release the song under their own name name and why does it contain part of another song from 4 years earlier?

Perhaps Davies just fancied the anonymity. He may have not wanted to detract too much from the television series that it became the theme of.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 9, 2021 23:10

Dave co-wrote and plays guitar on the theme from the John Carpenter movie "In The Mouths Of Madness".

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: April 10, 2021 05:57

Maybe Ray didn't think it was that great and passed it off to another band and hoped to make a few bucks if the song did anything -

Ray has historically been a master of shooting himself in the foot - as much as I LOVE some of the Kinks albums- some I think are absolutely brilliant and can't really be compared to anything else - BUT- there are some of their albums that a CREEM magazine retrospective summed up brilliantly - "Big Black Poker Chips"

I wish Ray & Dave could've made up before Dave's stroke and gotten together and made a Kinks record with Mick and a producer that would keep them in line but it looks as if that ain't gonna happen -

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: April 10, 2021 17:18

cowboytoast

I wish Ray & Dave could've made up before Dave's stroke and gotten together and made a Kinks record with Mick and a producer that would keep them in line but it looks as if that ain't gonna happen -

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home