Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY Rolling Stones Tongue!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2021 16:32

[www.facebook.com]

50 years ago today we got the iconic tongue...the best known logo in music!

From the above FB link:

The College of Rock and Roll Knowledge
2 h ยท
Does this look familiar?

The Rolling Stones unveiled their new record label, Rolling Stones Records on April 6, 1971. The label featured the bands new logo, the tongue-and-lips "pop art" drawing created by London graphic artist John Pasche.

We would think that this is probably the most recognizable logo for any Rock and Roll band in the history of Rock. Would you agree?

Happy 50th Birthday to The Stones' "Tongue and Lips" Logo!!!

Re: HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY Rolling Stones Tongue!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 6, 2021 16:50

So no 50th Anniversary on 26-Mar-2021 due to the 1971 Marquee-Club VIP-Passes - [iorr.org] ?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2021 17:52

Yes, more here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2021 19:30

A friendly request to Bjornulf, in honor of the tongue 50th, if possible, can a "tongue emoji" be added to the IORR emoji assortment?

This one is used widely on social media.
I believe I started using it on Stones related posts before even the band did. The spinning emoji sticking it's tongue out is ok, but an option with just the tongue and lips, and one the band itself uses on social media would make a nice addition.

Date: April 7, 2021 00:43

MisterDDDD
A friendly request to Bjornulf, in honor of the tongue 50th, if possible, can a "tongue emoji" be added to the IORR emoji assortment?

I believe I started using it on Stones related posts before even the band did. The spinning emoji sticking it's tongue out is ok, but an option with just the tongue and lips, and one the band itself uses on social media would make a nice addition.

what a great idea!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 7, 2021 03:14

Re: HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY Rolling Stones Tongue! new
Date: April 7, 2021 00:43

MisterDDDD

what a great idea!

i'd like to be able use that here
good idea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home