Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Happy Easter with Ian Gillan
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 4, 2021 18:51

IMHO, his finest recorded performance backed by a killer band of Brit rock luminaries...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Happy Easter with Ian Gillan
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 4, 2021 22:56

roryfaninva
IMHO, his finest recorded performance backed by a killer band of Brit rock luminaries...

[www.youtube.com]

I remember when I saw Purple in 85 on their Perfect Strangers reunion tour in Vancouver. Afterwards, my older sister asked if he sang Jesus Christ Superstar and I said he did sing a piece of it!
I always thought that Bruce Dickenson from Iron Maiden could have sang it. Even today, his voice sounds pretty good.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 4, 2021 23:28

DGA35
roryfaninva

[www.youtube.com]

I remember when I saw Purple in 85 on their Perfect Strangers reunion tour in Vancouver. Afterwards, my older sister asked if he sang Jesus Christ Superstar and I said he did sing a piece of it!
I always thought that Bruce Dickenson from Iron Maiden could have sang it. Even today, his voice sounds pretty good.

I remember that! Just a small snippet when Blackmore started playing it on guitar as part of a solo in one of their other songs.

At the time I had no idea why other than Gillan having a small role in the film as King Herod.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-04 23:28 by kovach.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: April 4, 2021 23:53

?Gillian played Jesus didn't he?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 5, 2021 00:15

kovach
DGA35
roryfaninva

[www.youtube.com]

I remember that! Just a small snippet when Blackmore started playing it on guitar as part of a solo in one of their other songs.

At the time I had no idea why other than Gillan having a small role in the film as King Herod.

Another thing about that 85 concert, they didn't play Smoke On The Water! Final song in the encore was Woman From Tokyo. I think the whole crowd was a bit puzzled.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 5, 2021 13:52

DGA35
kovach
DGA35
roryfaninva

[www.youtube.com]

Another thing about that 85 concert, they didn't play Smoke On The Water! Final song in the encore was Woman From Tokyo. I think the whole crowd was a bit puzzled.
That's Ritchie Blackmore for you .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home