Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any rumoured outtakes circulating from bigger bang sessions?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 4, 2021 08:37

i know i could probaly find this out somewhere but in light of recent leaks i thought it prudent to ask this now
has anyone heard of anybody who has uncirculated outtakes or have them but can't share them themselves i'm not looking to get anybody in trouble but if someone did and maybe they could clarify quality, how many, or what they are that be really cool and i'm sure a lot of people on here would be very grateful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-04 12:25 by bv.

Re: uncirculated outtakes from bigger bang sessions
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 4, 2021 10:30

Already in circulation: Ocean Way Recording Studios, Los Angeles, 6-Jun-2005 - [dbboots.com] .

Re: any rumoured outtakes circulating from bigger bang sessions
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 4, 2021 11:00

Have a look at SODD 021 :

[iorr.org]

Re: any rumoured outtakes circulating from bigger bang sessions
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2021 12:06

And here's the story for the circulating "alternate versions" (no "real" outtakes, as in unused songs) :

Posted by Gazza here [iorr.org]

"The ABB alternate mixes sessions that came out a couple of years ago circulated via myself after I got them from a guy on a filesharing site (soulseek, to be precise). He'd just uploaded them and told me how he'd come across them - he worked at a storage facility in New York which shared the same computer that was used by the people at Sterling Sound who had mastered the album. He just happened to be browsing the computer and saw a file marked 'Rolling Stones' and made a copy of what was there.

He didnt actually realise that the recordings had never circulated. Unfortunately, they only exist in mp3 format because his hard drive crashed and he'd lost the original files - fortunately he had made mp3 copies."

So, NO, there are no known unused songs recorded during these sessions, probably the only Stones album like that...but there have to be some ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: Any rumoured outtakes circulating from bigger bang sessions?
Date: April 6, 2021 01:40

i know about and have the slightly alternate mixes but was asking more about any rumored rough takes and unreleased unfinished songs from the sessions the recent leaks some of which included stuff from the licks session which i suppose could be considered the early bang sessions renewed my hope that previosly unknown stuff from these sessions may show up or at least some new info about them
bigger bang and my moms childhood copys of between the buttons and flowers were what got me hooked on the stones (i know wierd combo but it worked) and would love to hear more from the development of this album that i really love (except of course streets of love ew)

oh and thank you gotablouse i didn't know that was interesting to find out

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 7, 2021 21:52

The only known outtakes are Don't Wanna Go Home and Under The Radar. They were officially released on "A Bigger Bang (Special Edition)" - on the bonus DVD. Never officially released again.

Here : [www.discogs.com]

There's also an instrumental version of Biggest Mistake, only available on a promo CD single [www.discogs.com]

And the usual dance remixes (Rain Fall Down - will.i.am Remix & Ashley Beedle’s remix).

Date: April 10, 2021 23:08

oh well thought i'd try thanks for all the info better luck next big leakwinking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2021 02:01

For a good gut laugh check da Dust Bros Babylon stories
in the bonus section of Disc-5 of the Just For The Record DVD set .....

Great insight into the recording of Bridges ..... The Dust Bros
give esp HIGH praise to Mick but have a battle remembering bass
players and neighbours...hhhhhaaa and say that although there
was a Mick & Keith camp everybody got along fine but do admit there
were some juicy stories that they just cant tell ….

Their Keith studio story is a screeeeeeeeeem …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2021 05:32

ProfessorWolf
i know about and have the slightly alternate mixes but was asking more about any rumored rough takes and unreleased unfinished songs from the sessions the recent leaks some of which included stuff from the licks session which i suppose could be considered the early bang sessions renewed my hope that previosly unknown stuff from these sessions may show up or at least some new info about them
bigger bang and my moms childhood copys of between the buttons and flowers were what got me hooked on the stones (i know wierd combo but it worked) and would love to hear more from the development of this album that i really love (except of course streets of love ew)

I think it was Don Was who said at the time the album came out that they released every song that they recorded.

Which is highly likely as they didnt really record this album as a band (Woody pretty much added most/all of his parts after his spell in rehab and Charlie missed some of the early stages as he was getting radiotherapy)

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 11, 2021 14:14

In a way the songs on A Bigger Bang already sound like fully finished studio outtakes

Date: April 11, 2021 18:02

Yeah for some reason they didn't really "produce" them properly, was it Keith who wanted it like that when Mick was in favor of going into a "real studio" (the tracks where mostly recorded at his home in France) and presumably rerecord them with outside producers and musicians, something that had worked rather well on B2B ? Might have made for more inspired playing and therefore more repeat listening, like what Waddy did on "Saint of Me" or Benmont Tench on "Already Over Me", etc...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 12, 2021 23:49

Any songs which didn't make it on this album are probably on Mick's solo album

Date: April 13, 2021 12:07

The one released after 2005 ? ;-)

--------------

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2021 23:03

gotdablouse
Yeah for some reason they didn't really "produce" them properly, was it Keith who wanted it like that when Mick was in favor of going into a "real studio" (the tracks where mostly recorded at his home in France) and presumably rerecord them with outside producers and musicians, something that had worked rather well on B2B ? Might have made for more inspired playing and therefore more repeat listening, like what Waddy did on "Saint of Me" or Benmont Tench on "Already Over Me", etc...

Nah. That would mean that EXILE didn't get to be really produced properly. Guest musicians don't across the board mean better songs or inspired playing.

The mastering, or lack of, is what makes ABB such a difficult LP to really dig into. The production on it is fine it seems. Some of the tunes, like Let Me Down Slow and Biggest Mistake, even though they're clearly dynamic, are just as slammed as the rockers.

Shit mastering.

Date: April 13, 2021 23:05

Gazza
ProfessorWolf

I think it was Don Was who said at the time the album came out that they released every song that they recorded.

The two C-sides came out in November of 2005 on their special 'let's make our fans spend more money' ridiculous deluxe reissue of ABB so that means Don Was lied!!!!

Date: April 14, 2021 17:07

GasLightStreet

The mastering, or lack of, is what makes ABB such a difficult LP to really dig into. The production on it is fine it seems. Some of the tunes, like Let Me Down Slow and Biggest Mistake, even though they're clearly dynamic, are just as slammed as the rockers.

Shit mastering.

Totally agree with this. The CD is barely listenable. The latest reissue on vinyl ("half speed mastered") makes things a little better in this regard. It made me even (kind of) appreciate Sweet Neo Con.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 14, 2021 17:24

Rockman
For a good gut laugh check da Dust Bros Babylon stories
in the bonus section of Disc-5 of the Just For The Record DVD set .....

Great insight into the recording of Bridges ..... The Dust Bros
give esp HIGH praise to Mick but have a battle remembering bass
players and neighbours...hhhhhaaa and say that although there
was a Mick & Keith camp everybody got along fine but do admit there
were some juicy stories that they just cant tell ….

Their Keith studio story is a screeeeeeeeeem …

This is such a fun DVD box, gotta watch it again, haven't done that for 12 years, how time flies!smileys with beer

Date: April 14, 2021 21:13

kowalski
GasLightStreet

Shit mastering.

Totally agree with this. The CD is barely listenable. The latest reissue on vinyl ("half speed mastered") makes things a little better in this regard. It made me even (kind of) appreciate Sweet Neo Con.

It's one thing to not like some songs on an album, it's another to be able to listen to it without getting a migraine.

Date: April 15, 2021 02:23

Re: Any rumoured outtakes circulating from bigger bang sessions? new
Date: April 13, 2021 23:05

Gazza
ProfessorWolf

The two C-sides came out in November of 2005 on their special 'let's make our fans spend more money' ridiculous deluxe reissue of ABB so that means Don Was lied!!!!

has to be a lie there has to be demos, alt mixes & takes out there somewhere even if mick's the only one who has them i mean unless they destroyed everything but the finished album which sound stupid and would be wierd considering that there is at least a dozen already circulating outtakes from the licks sessions which i would consider the early sessions for a bigger bang why would they do that to maybe prevent them from being leaked?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 02:38 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 13:08

After two fine albums, A Bigger Bang, along with Dirty Work and Emotional Rescue is one of the 3 worst Stones albums.I doubt outtakes would be any good.

Date: April 15, 2021 13:20

Taylor1
After two fine albums, A Bigger Bang, along with Dirty Work and Emotional Rescue is one of the 3 worst Stones albums.I doubt outtakes would be any good.

I don't know why you put ER on that list. It doesn't belong there, though.

Date: April 15, 2021 13:22

ER is perfect from start to finish.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 15, 2021 13:54

kowalski
ER is perfect from start to finish.
\\Agreed. Also the recording, producing and the mastering is very good here.

Dirty Work. Always liked the record, mastering is also very good. Apart from Ronnie's drumming on some tracks and maybe too much Steve Lillywhite sound in the album, I like it. Better than Bigger Bang.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 16:59

Steel Wheels ,Voodoo and Bridges all have some great songs.A Bigger Bang broke the streak.Jagger’ssongs particularly are bad

Date: April 15, 2021 22:46

Maybe you should try the latest reissue on vinyl. A totally different listening experience from the CD. It makes some tracks shine again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home