Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gered Mankowitz- Stones photographer
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 3, 2021 17:42

Some great photos here. I am guessing a number of them have shown up already on this site. Looking at the photos, a question: How tall was Brian Jones? The others? They all look not very tall, especially Brian, to my eyes at least.

[mankowitz.com]

Re: Gered Mankowitz- Stones photographer
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 3, 2021 19:07

dmay
Some great photos here. I am guessing a number of them have shown up already on this site. Looking at the photos, a question: How tall was Brian Jones? The others? They all look not very tall, especially Brian, to my eyes at least.

[mankowitz.com]

I think Brian was the smallest of the lot, maybe 1.70 cm
Gered told me, two decades ago when I visited him in his "church gallery" in London, that he thought Brian was the most photo genic of the Stones and his best shots are a couple of Brian.
He also told me that the original negative used for the front part of the "Between the Buttons" sleeve got lost, when "temporarily" borrowed by DECCA records people. Too bad.
Gered has many, many more Stones photos than the number you can see on his site. Personally I own a nice, subtle silk screen image of the Stones taken by him.
thumbs up

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2021 19:41

Those are fantastic. The color one was not from 1965. It's from the Hullabaloo TV shoot, 1966. And I'm glad it's in color. The only surviving kinescope is in black and white. If they ever try to colorize it, they have a guide.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2021 19:45

Great info, thanks dmay and georgie!
Like this shot of Brian, and seems a good deal under "special offer" prints.

Brian Jones “Live” Special Offer A3 print £499.00

"This lovely A3 Pigment Print is part of my “Instagram” Special Offer series.

Brian Jones “Live” (USA 1965) is a relatively unkown shot from the Rolling Stones Autumn Tour of the USA in 1965.

This special edition is of only 25 signed & numbered prints and I still have a few available exclusively here.
The print measures 297mm x 420mm (11.75? x 16.5?) and I print them myself on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308gsm paper.
The price is inclusive of P&P.

[mankowitz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-03 19:45 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 3, 2021 20:37

Hey, MisterDDDD, love your pick out of the photos. I looked at all of them and thought this one was one of the coolest pix I've ever seen of Brian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home