Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones: Chicago 2019 Video
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 28, 2021 23:20

Apologies if this video has been posted and discussed before, but I’ve recently discovered it. Whilst obviously audience-shot, the audio is stereo and sounds utterly fantastic. I was wondering whether this has been leaked from the Stones’ own recording?

[m.youtube.com]

Re: Rolling Stones: Chicago 2019 Video
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 29, 2021 00:26

I love the version of Sad Sad Sad! Such a great Stones song. I agree Al, the sound is great!smileys with beer

They should mix it up with that one, Highwire, I Go Wild, Sparks Will Fly, One More Shot (maybe, no Mick open-G on it obviously), Some Girls and Don't Stop in that 4th song position. Then they could bring Dice to its best spot as the song (usually 10th) before Keith's section.

1. Opener
2. IORR or Bitch or Shattered or LSTNT or another upbeat standard tuned song
3. A new fast song
4. Sad Sad Sad or any other where you get that guitar attack with open-G Mick.
5. Slower song

I thought they've mixed it up pretty cool during No Filter, first the orthodox opener of Sympathy and then the acoustic set in the US and Sympathy as the closer of the first section. Fun!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-29 00:28 by MadMax.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2021 01:00

Nice!
Count this amongst one of my favorite shows.
Chicago 2 was also great, but the energy in the stadium for this opener was electric.

Everyone in the stadium, including the band it seemed, was excited and a bit nervous to see Mick back in action after the heart issue.
In Mick's run down the catwalk and back during SFM (4:25), his attitude said it all.. he was back.. better than ever!! Great opener smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2021 01:08

Nice video, and sounds great - thanks.
I recall seeing a different video of that opening moment the night of the first show, and to see Mick explode out on to the stage was quite moving.
After his health scare, the postponement, and the rehabilitation, it was downright miraculous, and was a thrill to watch.

My wife and I were fortunate to attend the second Chicago show, and after shaking off a few cobwebs from show #1,
the Stones were nearly already a well-oiled machine give or take a few minor snafus, and relatively speaking c.2019.

edit: Lots of nice audio boots from that last tour, and plenty of youtube videos as well.
I guess the same could be said for the last several tours of the last decade (and even before), but those last ones are a bit poignant considering the unknown future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-29 01:28 by Hairball.

Date: March 29, 2021 01:24

I should mention that when I mention ‘leaked’, I’m referring to the audio; not the video! It’s just that I’ve never known an audience-shot video to be in stereo before; unless someone’s clever-enough to mix it themselves?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 29, 2021 01:36

Big Al
I should mention that when I mention ‘leaked’, I’m referring to the audio; not the video! It’s just that I’ve never known an audience-shot video to be in stereo before; unless someone’s clever-enough to mix it themselves?

Actually I'm surprised at the sound quality that cell phones can record these days. My Samsung has Dolby Atmos built in.

Date: March 29, 2021 08:56

Keith really nails the Sad, Sad, Sad solo. His effort was a little weaker on some other renditions on the tour. The performance in Canada springs to mind. It’s almost sluggish, in fact.

Date: March 29, 2021 11:23

DGA35
Big Al

Actually I'm surprised at the sound quality that cell phones can record these days. My Samsung has Dolby Atmos built in.

Yes, so this could just be audience-recorded sound, then. It just didn't occur to me that a phone can record in stereo. The guitar separation and clarity is really terrific.

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: March 29, 2021 13:18

One possibility is that someone has been able to record the IEM feeds (in ear monitors) which are usually different mixes for each musician and from these mixes created a stereo spread.

The sound is so "clean" it could also be that someone got hold of a multitrack feed from the soundboard in order to create such a professional mix.

However if you listen to HTW Chuck's keyboard solo is barely audible so my hunch is an IEM capture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-29 13:21 by GuessWho.

Date: March 29, 2021 16:22

GuessWho
One possibility is that someone has been able to record the IEM feeds (in ear monitors) which are usually different mixes for each musician and from these mixes created a stereo spread.

The sound is so "clean" it could also be that someone got hold of a multitrack feed from the soundboard in order to create such a professional mix.

However if you listen to HTW Chuck's keyboard solo is barely audible so my hunch is an IEM capture.

Great post, GuessWho!

Thank you for the insight into the possibilities.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 29, 2021 18:43

My guess it's the ALD (Assisted Listening Device) audio that has already circulated.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: March 29, 2021 19:54

MisterDDDD
Nice!
Count this amongst one of my favorite shows.
Chicago 2 was also great, but the energy in the stadium for this opener was electric.

Everyone in the stadium, including the band it seemed, was excited and a bit nervous to see Mick back in action after the heart issue.
In Mick's run down the catwalk and back during SFM (4:25), his attitude said it all.. he was back.. better than ever!! Great opener smileys with beer

Yep, it's clear that this isn't audio recorded from the stadium (as in audio recorded by a fan) as the crowd can't be really heard on the recording.

The crowd was absolutely electric that night and very very loud. Was a huge component of what made the night so special from my perspective.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 29, 2021 21:48

I was at both shows and the 2nd show was much better than the first show .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2021 23:31

Same, second show was a better show, setlist wise etc.

The first was like all openers.. super exciting, only with added tension, excitement and emotion by nearly everyone in welcoming Mick back.
Would he still "move like Jagger" etc., or slow down? Seeing a "B" stage for the first time on the NF tour was extra as well.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 29, 2021 23:38

I'm afraid I'm not nerd enough to waste time on anything but professional recordings these days. Luckily there is a lot of that on the net also.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 29, 2021 23:50

I wonder if there's gonna be a No Filter concert film released professionally

Date: March 30, 2021 00:03

NilsHolgersson

I've been sort of hoping for that, but seems the postponement/pandemic might have sidelined all of that, at least for the time being. They might have been waiting for the 2020 leg to finish before going forward on it, but as we now know everything's unfortunately been at a standstill. And since no shows have been rescheduled, and it's not looking too good they ever will be, maybe something next year for the 60th anniversary will be releaed.
Plenty to choose from it seems from the European and North America legs, and while it would be nice to see a show I attended, that last Miami show might be the most appropriate - especially if it was indeed the last time.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 30, 2021 00:12

Yea.. or maybe a compilation of songs from their "final" tour.. with some guests to spice it up..

Date: March 30, 2021 02:52

That's a nice version which would be a nice addition, but not sure how many other guest spots there were throughout the No Filter Tour.
And out of them, not sure how many would be worthy of inclusion...for example if it was someone like Ed Sheeran, please leave it out.
I don't think there were any guest spots during the North American leg, but could be wrong, though there was definitely none at any of the four shows I attended.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-30 02:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 30, 2021 12:55

I watched the video of that show last night and stopped during YCAGWYW. Horrible playing, lousy interaction, sloppy guitars ... I understand that was the opening night for the US leg of that tour but despite nervousness it seems they were badly prepared. Can't also agree on that Keith "nailed his solo" in Sad Sad Sad. That was the worst performance of this song I've ever seen/heard.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 30, 2021 13:08

Hairball
NilsHolgersson

I've been sort of hoping for that, but seems the postponement/pandemic might have sidelined all of that, at least for the time being. They might have been waiting for the 2020 leg to finish before going forward on it, but as we now know everything's unfortunately been at a standstill. And since no shows have been rescheduled, and it's not looking too good they ever will be, maybe something next year for the 60th anniversary will be releaed.
Plenty to choose from it seems from the European and North America legs, and while it would be nice to see a show I attended, that last Miami show might be the most appropriate - especially if it was indeed the last time.

Hopefully they will release a show and if they do they ought to either release a show from a future US show (with a unorthodox setlist or at least opener) or a show from the autumn of 2017 with Sympathy as the opener as that would bring something new to the FTV collection. Croke Park wasn't a very good show although we got Neighbours and an indoor darker show would be preferable.

I would love to get Paris III (Paris II is also a great show but Flash we've had a zillion times as the opener) as that would mean my white Stones t-shirt which Keith put on his head after Satisfaction would get some screen timesmiling bouncing smiley

Unfortunately I just found out 3 weeks ago that the guy who made it and gave it to me croaked last year. I was never able to find him (didn't have his number) and tell him that his creation was now in Keith's possession. RIP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-30 13:12 by MadMax.

Date: March 30, 2021 16:14

Meise
Can't also agree on that Keith "nailed his solo" in Sad Sad Sad. That was the worst performance of this song I've ever seen/heard.

Interesting. I guess if you were compare it to the stellar renditions from the 1989-90 tour, then yes. However, I rather enjoyed the performance as a whole and think Keith's soloing to be excellent.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 31, 2021 17:39

I was there both nights. On opening night I had Lucky Dips way up on Ronnie's side where I could see the backstage area. About 9pm four luxury SUVs rolled up and a Stone got out of each one. They gathered together and marched up the backstage ramp, apparently got kitted up in the dark and were on stage in moments. No pre-show rituals, no nothing. Like Elton John. It surprised me because I thought they spent time backstage, rehearsing and glad-handing. Perhaps they did that stuff in a different part of the stadium.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home