Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hyde Park 69 Appreciation
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2021 02:11

ROCKMAN

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: March 26, 2021 02:20

Thanks, Rockman. Can you upload a photo of Wild Child? I wanted the one at the bottom of page 7 of the brochure but cannot.

Your photos are always appreciated.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 26, 2021 02:32

will do - it's actually an exciting experiment and a whole new perspective -

on Sunday I listened to "Drippin Honey" - which is the Charlotte, NC 1972 boot - it's my favorite live Stones recording - the original vinyl boot I have of it isn't great but over the years better versions have surfaced-

when I hear it it blows my mind that I was just 2 years old when it was recorded and that had my Mom walked outside with me there is a good chance we would've heard it going on as we lived close to the venue at the time-

sorry i got off subject i'll shut up now haha-

hope you all are having a good night

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 26, 2021 02:38

misterfrias
cowboytoast
I've never listened to it without the video - gonna do that tonight -

Isn’t that something? I fell in love with the audio from this concert (I have several copies on LP and CD) but I have NEVER seen the video. I mean, I have seen a bunch of still photos from the concert (mostly black and white) but that’s it.

Crikey. Are you deliberately avoiding it?

You could either watch pretty much all of the tracks individually on YouTube (I couldn't find a full concert there...), or you could buy the Video?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 26, 2021 02:51

CaptainCorella
misterfrias
cowboytoast
I've never listened to it without the video - gonna do that tonight -

Isn’t that something? I fell in love with the audio from this concert (I have several copies on LP and CD) but I have NEVER seen the video. I mean, I have seen a bunch of still photos from the concert (mostly black and white) but that’s it.

Crikey. Are you deliberately avoiding it?

You could either watch pretty much all of the tracks individually on YouTube (I couldn't find a full concert there...), or you could buy the Video?

LOL. I have owned a DVD copy of the video for at least a decade and also a VHS copy I bought in about 1995. As of today (2021), I have watched neither.

I have a ton of DVDs (especially bootleg DVDs) that I have never watched. I have always been more of a two-channel stereo (audio) type of guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-26 03:07 by misterfrias.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 26, 2021 02:54

I remember those sketchy VHS copies they had at a grocery store here in NC , Lowe's Foods - they had a bin of videos for about 6 bucks each back in 87-88 and that was my first copy of it -

Date: March 26, 2021 03:10

I hope you like it, cowboytoast. Sometimes you hear things you may have missed with the video.

Seriously, I fell in love with this show based exclusively on the audio and still photos. I kinda think if I saw the video it may disappoint me. Maybe I am wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-26 03:11 by misterfrias.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 26, 2021 05:02

I was under the impression that pretty much the entire audio score was redone later in the studio. At least the "official" version. I understand it was pretty dire in person and cleaned up considerably for release.

jb

Date: March 26, 2021 08:11

jbwelda
I was under the impression that pretty much the entire audio score was redone later in the studio. At least the "official" version. I understand it was pretty dire in person and cleaned up considerably for release.

jb

I bet they would have tuned their guitars and sung in key if that were true.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 26, 2021 10:25

jbwelda

jb

No overdubs of any sort were done.

Mathijs

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 26, 2021 11:40

S.T.P
Doxa
Oh, I always have had a soft spot in my heart for that show (and I would rate STONES IN PARK, with all its omissions, above any footage of any concert since 1989). There is so much problems there for sure - uneven performances, the over-all rustiness, out of tune guitars, Mick's throat problems (langyritis), but damn they still sound powerful and convincing! The attitude, the will power! Young gods! Some songs - such as "I'm Free", "Oh Mercy", "Stray Cat Blues", "Loving Cup", "No Expectations" - sound rough, mean and nasty in their cool, chaotic way (like, say The Velvet Underground does). Even the early versions of "Jumpin' Jack" and "Honky Tonk" have that unique dirtiness and roughness that works for me but that was polished out when they really get their machine oiled later in American Tour (true that about Keith's guitar sound mentioned here). The raw 'hippie' version of "Satisfaction" is among favourites ever (damn that they lost the beginning of it for STONES IN PARK). More than dirty guitars and Mick more bad-ass than ever.

They didn't flash any California smiles then. Like the dude in STONES IN PARK says, they were cool.

- Doxa

I have nothing more to add except amen!

Neither have I. thumbs up

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 26, 2021 18:58

Mathijs
jbwelda

jb

Mathijs

You "know" this...how?

jb

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 26, 2021 20:48

jbwelda
Mathijs
jbwelda

jb

Mathijs

You "know" this...how?

jb

Keith might have tuned his guitar...

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: March 26, 2021 21:39

I got the video tape of this for Christmas 1987. At the time it seemed so ancient, but it was only 18 years earlier....so the same gap as from now to the Licks tour. Its weird how things changed so much from the 60s to the 80s, but if you look back through the 2000s it seems like things have hardly changed at all (where the Stones are concerned...)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2021 21:49

jbwelda

jb

You must be thinking "Ger Yer Ya Yas Out" that was indeed VERY heavily overdubbed !

As for HP69, there was no real "official" version to speak of, it was broadcast on TV, Granada made a VHS from that in 82 and later a DVD in 2006, the Stones probably had zero to do with it at the time.

EDIT : looks like the Stones did release an audio version eventually, thanks BT2G!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-26 23:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: March 26, 2021 22:29

At least, they released a stereo version of 'Stones In The Park' in their 'from the vault' series. Funny enough, with no extras.

[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-26 22:30 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home