Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ALO Orchestra: Heart of Stone (Alternative Version)
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 21, 2021 11:54

I have never heard this version before: pedal steel guitar and a shorter running-time. Having only ever owned a CD bootleg of Metamorphosis, I was only aware of the take that clocks-in at over four minutes. So, is this latter-mentioned rendition still not officially released? Which version appeared on the original LP?

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-21 11:56 by Big Al.

Re: ALO Orchestra: Heart of Stone (Alternative Version)
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: March 21, 2021 12:18

Big Al
I have never heard this version before: pedal steel guitar and a shorter running-time. Having only ever owned a CD bootleg of Metamorphosis, I was only aware of the take that clocks-in at over four minutes. So, is this latter-mentioned rendition still not officially released? Which version appeared on the original LP?

[m.youtube.com]

The short YT version is the official Metamorphosis version.

Date: March 21, 2021 12:27

BlueTurns2Grey
Big Al

[m.youtube.com]

The short YT version is the official Metamorphosis version.

Well, I gather it is now. I wonder why they selected this, over the longer version? Two different takes altogether, seemingly. Is the pedal steel version on the original album, though? I can’t seem to find the longer take on YouTube.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: March 22, 2021 18:14

The original release is on the "out of our heads" UK album and the "rolling stones, now" US release

Date: March 22, 2021 18:50

claremont29
The original release is on the "out of our heads" UK album and the "rolling stones, now" US release

Of course. However, the ALO Orchestra version that appears on the Metamorphosis bootleg is different to the take that’s on the official release. It doesn’t feature pedal steel and is about a minute longer in length.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home