Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Version of Brown Sugar Ever
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 21, 2021 03:40

[www.youtube.com]

This is by the Stones, a tribute band. They have the Rolling Stones down pat, including Keith swagger and voice, and Jagger's dancing. Wow !!!

Re: Best Version of Brown Sugar Ever
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: March 21, 2021 03:46

all of them

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 21, 2021 04:40

‘72-‘73 or gtfo. Keith can still make this one hum when he wants to, but of all the songs where I miss MT, this is close to the top of the list.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 21, 2021 07:52

I always liked the version with Eric Clapton that came on the boot 12" single. I thought Eric added something there. I would say secondly the version they played at Altamont. Unreleased at the time of course, and played under duress. Came off pretty good for a raw version for raw times.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2021 08:02

The Clapton Brown Sugar is on the 2015 Sticky release ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 21, 2021 10:13

yeah now it is.

but then...

jb

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 21, 2021 10:41

The original one. And love you live

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 21, 2021 10:51

Truck 1975 NYC.
The parts that I heard fascinated me

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 21, 2021 11:35

1975 Truck is one of the best.But the original one they played live in New York , not the one from Paris 1976 which was overdubbed over it and is heard on25by5 documentary.Also the One from Philly ,July 21,1972 ,which is on the great lost live bootleg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-21 18:36 by Taylor1.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 21, 2021 13:04

deardoctor
Truck 1975 NYC.

Were you there?

plexi

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 21, 2021 13:21

Thanks for sharing ! a real treasure

Date: March 21, 2021 13:34

Essen 1970, before the official release. Best version ever imo.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 21, 2021 14:07

flilflam
[www.youtube.com]

This is by the Stones, a tribute band. They have the Rolling Stones down pat, including Keith swagger and voice, and Jagger's dancing. Wow !!!

a version of Brown Sugar without sax can't be the best.

Date: March 21, 2021 18:07

The original version is unbeatable. The vocals are slightly better on the Clapton-version, though.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: March 21, 2021 20:30

I think the Mono-Version is the best! Powerful!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 21, 2021 20:41

Any version other than this one

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 21, 2021 20:58

Now is too long. Shorter versions are much better

Posted by: Duked ()
Date: March 21, 2021 21:19

My favourite version of Brown Sugar is this rehearsal from 2005:
[www.youtube.com]

This is a very loose version with Charlie & Mick at their absolute best!
And without vocals and sax - but you won't have a feeling of anything is missing.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 21, 2021 22:09

I love the Four Flix version from Twickenham

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2021 22:32

MadMax
I love the Four Flix version from Twickenham

thumbs up

I was at that show sitting 10th row center with Gazza and Ed aka LittleRedRooster, and I think we can be spotted in the video, but it's been years since I watched.
Was also at the old Wembley Arena (one of the best shows of the tour imo) and the Astoria club show the same week................really hard to believe 18 years has passed since then.

As for the best version of Brown Sugar ever, I'll happily settle for the original studio version, though some of those Taylor era versions are sublime.
The Clapton version was interesting as I've always loved Clapton, but being so used to the original it never did fully gel with me, and I rarely ever listen to it these days.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 22, 2021 00:37

Clapton version guitars suck including Clapton I would like a complete uninterrupted version of the flat bed truck 1975

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: March 22, 2021 02:53

the one on get yer leeds lungs out

love that one

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 22, 2021 10:20

The 70s versions are without a doubt incredible, and there really is an element that was never beaten on the studio version.

Having said that, I have a soft spot for the Shine A Light version from 2006. I know that live album is not well liked, and that the newer versions go on too long, which overall I agree with. Despite that, I've always found an infectious energy to the SAL performance and could honestly have the end go on forever. I like that the guitars are mixed loud, I like that the audience is really involved, I like that Mick does a second round of "yeah, yeah's" like a minute after he'd already finished. I just think its a killer performance. I know its insane to say a 2006 version is the best ever, but I just wanted it to get a mention as of the "warhorse" versions since the late 80s, that one's far and away my favorite.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2021 10:31

Love ta hear the moment Mick
first pieced it tagether back in 69
while here in Aussie-Land during a break in the filming of Ned Kelly ...YEAH

ROCKMAN

Date: March 22, 2021 10:49

RollingFreak
The 70s versions are without a doubt incredible, and there really is an element that was never beaten on the studio version.

Having said that, I have a soft spot for the Shine A Light version from 2006. I know that live album is not well liked, and that the newer versions go on too long, which overall I agree with. Despite that, I've always found an infectious energy to the SAL performance and could honestly have the end go on forever. I like that the guitars are mixed loud, I like that the audience is really involved, I like that Mick does a second round of "yeah, yeah's" like a minute after he'd already finished. I just think its a killer performance. I know its insane to say a 2006 version is the best ever, but I just wanted it to get a mention as of the "warhorse" versions since the late 80s, that one's far and away my favorite.

Another great latter-day version is the one on Sticky Fingers Live. It rocks hard thumbs up

Date: March 22, 2021 19:24

timbernardis
deardoctor
Truck 1975 NYC.

Were you there?

plexi

No.
There are incomplete versions on bootleg and some scenes on film. Rough and strong

Date: March 22, 2021 19:27

More Hot Rocks

Any version other than this one

confused smiley
This is creepy!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 22, 2021 19:34

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Another great latter-day version is the one on Sticky Fingers Live. It rocks hard thumbs up

Agreed!

Date: March 22, 2021 19:37

I fprgot the one on Flashpoint.
Best "late" version for me.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 23, 2021 03:03

Duked
My favourite version of Brown Sugar is this rehearsal from 2005:
[www.youtube.com]

This is a very loose version with Charlie & Mick at their absolute best!
And without vocals and sax - but you won't have a feeling of anything is missing.

Oh dear. Even during rehearsal warmup Keith is misfiring the riff of Start Me Up!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home