Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT - Kenny Wayne Shepherd responds to rescinded Blues Music Award nomination
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:21

MisterDDDD
bleedingman
dcba
MisterDDDD
The social media post that sparked the controversy.

a powerful message from Mercy Morganfield, daughter of the great Muddy Waters. There would be no white men exploiting the blues

What did she do in her life except cashing in from Dad's work?
And Muddy probably dealt with racist white @#$%& all his life, without making a fuss about it, ever.

I have a bad news for social justice (online) warriors :
racism won't disappear, ever.
stupidity won't disappear, ever.

Buddy Guy, much as he loved Muddy, says in his book that Muddy used to beat his women whenever he felt they got out of line. That's a lot worse than what Kenny did, in my opinion. Nobody's perfect. Buddy's book is excellent, by the way.

Sure.
Whataboutism is often used to deflect.

Hardly relevant.

+1. Two wrongs don't make a right. Domestic violence is wrong. Racism is wrong. What is so hard about that?

Re: OT - Kenny Wayne Shepherd responds to rescinded Blues Music Award nomination
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:30

More Hot Rocks
Rokyfan
Cooltoplady
The confederate flag is now a symbol of white supremacy What part don’t you people get

"Now"? Neither Kenny Wayne Shepard nor the Dukes of Hazard used it as a symbol of white supremacy. What part of that don't you get?

Let me guess...you watch Fox news

Guess again. I'm a lifelong lefty. The inauguration I went to protest was Nixon's in 72. The only candidate I ever gave a cent to was Bernie. Never voted republican in my life.

I just don't buy the woke bullshit. Distracts from what should be the real struggle.

Black vs. white is just a distraction from the real struggle: workers vs. capital.

In other words, I don't buy the woke bullshit. You're just doing the work of the ruling class.

Blow the Fox news BS out your a$$.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:39

Iggyrichards
The Billy Cox statement is awesome and well versed. There are to many people in the world today just waiting to be outraged, offended and cancel people without even knowing all the facts or the person they are canceling.

thumbs up

Date: March 24, 2021 02:21

With Hubert Sumlin Live at Guitar Center's King of the Blues 2007.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 24, 2021 02:56

Louie Armstrong left New Orleans, came back a little while later, left again and never went back. For similar reasons that Muddy Waters left for the North a few decades later - it was dangerous to one's health to be black.

One newspaper story from 95 years ago describes police booking dozens of black people for loitering after picking them up outside a dance hall at South Rampart and Gravier streets -- Armstrong's stomping grounds. "Captivated by jazz, negroes are rounded up" was the headline in the New Orleans States.

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 24, 2021 04:13

i’ve become so trigger-happy, i got those microaggression blues.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2021 10:17

Rokyfan
I just don't buy the woke bullshit. Distracts from what should be the real struggle.

Black vs. white is just a distraction from the real struggle: workers vs. capital.

This.
This.
This.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 24, 2021 11:14

You know, there would’ve been a time whereby I’d have had a lot to say about all this. Now, however, I simply switch-off. I just find it all so boring.

Date: March 24, 2021 23:37

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Grindin' Man (with Pinetop Perkins & Muddy Waters Band)

From the film 10 Days Out: Blues from the Backroads (CD/DVD)

"The documentary portion of the album featured a 10-day venture of Shepherd meeting blues pioneers with the intent of spotlighting veterans of the music genre.
Artists include the Music Maker Relief Foundation's Etta Baker, Cootie Stark, and Neal Pattman, as well as B.B. King, Henry Townsend, Hubert Sumlin, Lazy Lester, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown,
David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Pinetop Perkins, and several others. It finished with a concert featuring the surviving members of both Muddy Waters’ and Howlin’ Wolf’s bands.
Since completion of the film, at least eleven of the featured musicians have died, adding a cultural significance to the content."

> Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 23:38 by Hairball.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home