Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT - Kenny Wayne Shepherd responds to rescinded Blues Music Award nomination
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:09

wonderboy
The Confederate flag is not ever meant to be a racist symbol. It is portrayed as that so people can express anger at past wrongs.
At any rate, why would anybody give a @#$%& if somebody is waving a flag. I grew up in Catholic Northern Ireland and if you want to wave a Rangers flag or the Union Jack, why the hell would I care. Why do we want to fight old battles.

Because today in the US it is all about shutting down any opinions that don't agree with the mainstream.

Whether expressed today or in the past. The Teen Vogue editor loses her job over tweets made in HIGH SCHOOL!!

Irony and sarcasm are as dead as humor.

And white boys playing the blues is just more "cultural appropriation" like a white woman daring to own a taco truck.

Meanwhile the Chinese have active concentration camps for their Muslim citizens while we fight racism by policing music awards. But God forbid we criticize them for unleashing covid on the world.

Re: OT - Kenny Wayne Shepherd responds to rescinded Blues Music Award nomination
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:11

Its too late to help Kenny Wayne but we can still close ranks around Jonny Lang...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:13

daspyknows
Reading this thread it is easy to pick out those who fall on the dividing line of the symbols represent history and not meant to be racist and those who are flat out racists.

I fully expect those who are the flat out racists to come after me for this comment. Then again they are also the same same anti-maskers who dismiss Covid as a flu or a hoax. You know who you are and so does everyone else.

My view on the music award is so what. Who cares. Kenny Wayne Shepherd has some talent but he is also not someone who I am going to seek to see but if I had nothing to do and someone had a ticket I might go.

You're a real ray of sunshine. I can honestly say that you are one of the most unpleasant people I've ever encountered on the Internet. And that really says something. I don't even have to look at your user name when I read your posts to know who's ranting. You drag this site down with your constant vitriol.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:14

roryfaninva
Its too late to help Kenny Wayne but we can still close ranks around Jonny Lang...

Rumour has it they're the same person!

lol............

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:17

The confederate flag is now a symbol of white supremacy What part don’t you people get

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:19

bleedingman
daspyknows
Reading this thread it is easy to pick out those who fall on the dividing line of the symbols represent history and not meant to be racist and those who are flat out racists.

I fully expect those who are the flat out racists to come after me for this comment. Then again they are also the same same anti-maskers who dismiss Covid as a flu or a hoax. You know who you are and so does everyone else.

My view on the music award is so what. Who cares. Kenny Wayne Shepherd has some talent but he is also not someone who I am going to seek to see but if I had nothing to do and someone had a ticket I might go.

You're a real ray of sunshine. I can honestly say that you are one of the most unpleasant people I've ever encountered on the Internet. And that really says something. I don't even have to look at your user name when I read your posts to know who's ranting. You drag this site down with your constant vitriol.

From you that's a compliment. If you think I am an @#$%& I know I am in the right. I would hate being you knowing I am a miserable racist, misogynistic, anti science fool. Since I am pretty sure you are pro-gun, go use it on yourself.

Date: March 19, 2021 23:26

dcba
JohnnyBGoode
Shepherd concluded, “I want to make something very clear and unequivocal; I condemn and stand in complete opposition to all forms of racism and oppression and always have.”

His ecuses are a bit flat... He should have rolled the censors into their own sh!t by making a tongue-in-cheek statement like : "I've dedicated my life to the blues to my personal beliefs have only allowed me to listen to white-skinned fair-haired musicians. Therefore I built my knowledge of the blues idiom by listening only to Danish Swedish and Finnish musicians".

Irony and sarcasm are potent weapons against bigotry and stupidity

Are you serious? What’s wrong with you

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:32

Cooltoplady
The confederate flag is now a symbol of white supremacy What part don’t you people get

"Now"? Neither Kenny Wayne Shepard nor the Dukes of Hazard used it as a symbol of white supremacy. What part of that don't you get?

Date: March 19, 2021 23:38

People...people..please, lets stop all the fussin and feudin. Cant you see this is what Dr. Seuss wanted?

Date: March 19, 2021 23:51

Rokyfan
Cooltoplady

"Now"? Neither Kenny Wayne Shepard nor the Dukes of Hazard used it as a symbol of white supremacy. What part of that don't you get?

The part that you dont get id that thats the way it is used for now. Not 25 years ago. If you hate black people you ride with a Confederate flag in your pick up truck. If you live in Seattle which is north west and wave that flag you are a racists. Are you that dumb? Go back under a rock

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 19, 2021 23:52

Rokyfan
Cooltoplady

Let me guess...you watch Fox news

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2021 00:08

Meanwhile, Biden's currently live on CNN mumbling away about racism, vaccinations, and health care simultaneously (it's near impossible to decipher exactly whats he's saying),
This after he stumbled up and down the stairs to Air Force One earlier today- hoping he's OK, and wondering if he has any opinion on the Kenny Wayne Shepherd controversy.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 20, 2021 00:19

Cooltoplady
Are you serious? What’s wrong with you

Nothing but I look at the PC mental Aids from the other side of the ocean, so - for the moment - I watch this disease and its proliferation from afar. With irony and disbelief. Which are what Shepherd should have injected in his public statement.
The "I swear I'm not what you think I am" is knee-bending surrendering.

There's ONE thing these despicable witch-hunters don't handle well is irony. Because understanding it needs intelligence. And intelligence is the weak spot of these people.
Once they attack you they expect an act of contrition. The least you can do is not giving them such a thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-20 00:22 by dcba.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 20, 2021 00:29

daspyknows
bleedingman
daspyknows

From you that's a compliment. If you think I am an @#$%& I know I am in the right. I would hate being you knowing I am a miserable racist, misogynistic, anti science fool. Since I am pretty sure you are pro-gun, go use it on yourself.

Wow, classy. Advocating for a fellow Stones fan to commit suicide. That should be enough to be banned from this site and might even be criminal.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 20, 2021 00:31

Cooltoplady
The confederate flag is now a symbol of white supremacy. What part don’t you people get

The problem is people like you will NEVER stop. Once the last C.F. is removed from the American soil then you'll make sure it disappears from history books & museums. After you erase the present you'll try to erase the past too. Censorship oh but in the name of Good.
Then you'll find another "noble" cause. Rinse and repeat. Blah!

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: March 20, 2021 01:18

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 20, 2021 02:19

roryfaninva
People...people..please, lets stop all the fussin and feudin. Cant you see this is what Dr. Seuss wanted?

Post of the week!

Glad to see a little humor on here.

Robert Plant said "Does anybody remember laughter?"

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 20, 2021 02:42

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 20, 2021 04:03

Was the South racist? Was the Confederate Stars and Bars used during the Civil War to promote the racist South? Was it resurrected in the 50s as a symbol of Southern segregation? To strike fear in Southern Blacks? Is it now used by white racists to intimidate, and let their hatred for 'others' be known? If you answered yes to these questions, then of course the Confederate Flag is a racist symbol.

Date: March 20, 2021 04:50

dcba
Cooltoplady
The confederate flag is now a symbol of white supremacy. What part don’t you people get

The problem is people like you will NEVER stop. Once the last C.F. is removed from the American soil then you'll make sure it disappears from history books & museums. After you erase the present you'll try to erase the past too. Censorship oh but in the name of Good.
Then you'll find another "noble" cause. Rinse and repeat. Blah!

If supremacist can make something racist, can't others then take it back and make it un-racists?

Pepe the frog making an OK symbol with his fingers for goodness sake...is nothing sacred?

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: March 20, 2021 05:44

You allow the 'woke' crowd to go after the flag, then they'll go after everything else. Our beloved Stone's tongue will be next as the wokies will find something offensive about it.

Be careful what you wish for.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2021 08:57

Book Marks - Jason Steger ----- The Age20 March 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 20, 2021 15:25

24FPS
Was the South racist? Was the Confederate Stars and Bars used during the Civil War to promote the racist South? Was it resurrected in the 50s as a symbol of Southern segregation? To strike fear in Southern Blacks? Is it now used by white racists to intimidate, and let their hatred for 'others' be known? If you answered yes to these questions, then of course the Confederate Flag is a racist symbol.

There's no need to wonder if the South was racist when it still is. That's a sweeping observation to sum it up in general that's generally true. I do know there are people in the South that are not racist, however, they don't put a dent in the general observation of what being Southern is in the eyes of a majority North Americans. That has nothing to do with the Confederate flag.

Yet I see people driving around with the Confederate flag hanging out their truck - and it's always a truck. I've never talked about the flag with my black friends and they've never brought it up. We've never had conversations or discussions about the flag or racism etc because we talk about what's happening in our lives and greet each other... as friends.

I stay away from people that I know have issues with black people. It's one thing to mentally project your personality and life issues onto whatever with whoever but having a well centered self-hatred projected towards someone because of whatever reason they have invented or were taught is not someone I will be friends with nor associate with.

Date: March 20, 2021 15:40

Theres a legitimate discussion to be had about the Confederate flag and not hard to understand why it offends black people (and others as well). The question is should Kenny Wayne Shepard have an award he'd already been given taken from away him and his father forced to resign because he has a car that he tricked out like The Dukes Of Hazard 17 years ago stored in his garage? Thats absurd to the point of being Orwellian. Either someone called this foundation after the award was granted and said "This cats got a car with the Stars abd Bars stored away in his garage!" or someone at this foundation has it out for Kenny Wayne and Papa Shepherd. How would anyone know whats in someones garage? Why would you fire his Dad? I smell a rat. Not that I care all that much but its getting irksome.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2021 15:40

StonedAsiaExile
You allow the 'woke' crowd to go after the flag, then they'll go after everything else. Our beloved Stone's tongue will be next as the wokies will find something offensive about it.

Be careful what you wish for.

Nearly every time I read one of your posts, I think what, exactly... is "StonedAsiaExile" stoned on?
Not saying I would try it, as it appears rather strong and somewhat mentally debilitating, but dayum, it's tempting to ask.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2021 15:59

roryfaninva
Theres a legitimate discussion to be had about the Confederate flag and not hard to understand why it offends black people (and others as well). The question is should Kenny Wayne Shepard have an award he'd already been given taken from away him and his father forced to resign because he has a car that he tricked out like The Dukes Of Hazard 17 years ago stored in his garage? Thats absurd to the point of being Orwellian. Either someone called this foundation after the award was granted and said "This cats got a car with the Stars abd Bars stored away in his garage!" or someone at this foundation has it out for Kenny Wayne and Papa Shepherd. How would anyone know whats in someones garage? Why would you fire his Dad? I smell a rat. Not that I care all that much but its getting irksome.

More gaslighting- changing the facts and then going off on the revised, or alternate, facts.

"an award he'd already been given taken from away him"
Nope.. it was a nomination that was rescinded, not an award.
"The Blues Foundation announced that they have rescinded Kenny Wayne Shepherd’s 2021 Blues Music Award nomination for “Best Blues Rock Artist.”

"his father forced to resign because he has a car that he tricked out like The Dukes Of Hazard 17 years ago stored in his garage"
Nope.. He was asked to resign the board, the car was only one of the items they proudly owned and displayed. People keep focusing on the car, but the hate symbol was proudly displayed on his guitars and elsewhere. Currently.

"The decision to rescind the nomination was based upon continuing revelations of representations of the Confederate flag on Shepherd’s “General Lee” car, guitars and elsewhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-20 16:02 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 20, 2021 16:09

If Colonel Angus was around, he could surely lick this problem.

Date: March 20, 2021 16:44

OK- rescinding the nomination (itself ostensibly an honor or accolade) is really the same principle as rescinding the award. Withdrawing recognition as a punishment.

As far as how his guitar or parents home is decorated, I havent seen them so I cant make a judgement. But I fully recognize people can look at this situation and reach conclusions different from mine. More power to ya!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 20, 2021 18:47

... glad that there are really no other problems to fuss about in these days? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-20 18:50 by Phil Good.

Date: March 21, 2021 00:01

Javadave
If Colonel Angus was around, he could surely lick this problem.

One of the funniest SNL skits ever!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home