Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

El Mocambo please ....
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 17, 2021 14:01

This surely must get a release - the whole gig - in raw tape form preferably, as you get on YouTube.

Just hugely enjoyable fun.

I actually don't t like the production on LYL much and think they could have chosen one or two different tracks - but they have everything on tape don't they?

Worried About You is a gem. With amazing stuff by Bill.

Dance Little Sister comes alive and is just a great blast of fun - again Bill great when you can hear him. Not a fan of the studio version at all.

There are some songs - Rambler, IORR, Under My Thumb and now. DLS that take on a whole new life when they are ..... dr ..... live! Depth, power, dimension.
That's their greatness really, well Keith's especially.

But it's a band thing, with bang-on Bill and Stu too at Mocambo, n' est-ce pas?

Wow they had fun that night.

Release it all.

Unexpurgated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-17 14:03 by Four Stone Walls.

Re: El Mocambo please ....
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: March 17, 2021 14:56

I'm with you. A "Super Deluxe Set" featuring both shows, that would be like beeing in heaven for most of the fans. These concerts are the holy stones grail...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 17, 2021 18:12

BlueTurns2Grey
I'm with you. A "Super Deluxe Set" featuring both shows, that would be like beeing in heaven for most of the fans. These concerts are the holy stones grail...
Yes , please and spare us the edits as well .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 17, 2021 18:21

BlueTurns2Grey

I would add the 1986 100 club gig memorial for Stu. The two song set from the NME Awards 1968. (Brian's last public stage appearance with the group) The rehearsals from 2012 with Bill and Mick Taylor. Toads Place 1989 (with better quality than the boot). Morgan's Cove 1981.

I'm sure there are more.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2021 18:34

There are a number of acetates with original soundboard quality El Mocambo recordings. One of these are the source of the El Mobambo EP given away for free to IORR members many years ago.

El Mocambo 1977 (9 sources) (IORR Hot Stuff)

The Rolling Stones – El Mocambo

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-17 18:35 by bv.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: March 17, 2021 19:17

Yes exactly
Long time ago
In my collection
With vgp005 and vinyl(fidus music)(rs 377)

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 17, 2021 23:08

24FPS
BlueTurns2Grey

I would add the 1986 100 club gig memorial for Stu.

I can confirm being explicitly told that the gig was not recorded by the band because it was Stu's memorial.

However, it later emerged (in a book somewhere) that a cassette recording was made.... by Paul McCartney of all people.

Good luck getting that out of Paul!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 18, 2021 00:58

Cue the film:

'Paul McCartney and the Holy Grail'

Awaiting full plot and script.

Date: March 18, 2021 01:00

Well done Bjornulf, that's a start.

You get the part of bold, bold Sir Robin.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2021 10:03

"The rehearsals from 2012 with Bill and Mick Taylor." didn't Bill complain that he was told he knew the stuff by heart and he didn't need to rehearse with them? Now they did rehearse with Taylor in Bondy in 2014 but that's unlikely to ever see the light of day.

But Mocambo, yes please! Would be way more interesting than all these nondescript "from the vaults" recordings that I for one have completely lost track of.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 13:24 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2021 11:24

24FPS

I would add the 1986 100 club gig memorial for Stu. The two song set from the NME Awards 1968. (Brian's last public stage appearance with the group) The rehearsals from 2012 with Bill and Mick Taylor. Toads Place 1989 (with better quality than the boot). Morgan's Cove 1981.

No offense but from Mick's pov that's a nightmarish list : grinning smiley
all the performances where the band hadn't played together in years, were awfully rusted. Mick certainly doesn't want us to hear that.
And RE 1968 I think Mick doesn't give a toss about Brian's last public stage appearance with the group.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 18, 2021 12:36

dcba
24FPS

all the performances where the band hadn't played together in years, were awfully rusted. Mick certainly doesn't want us to hear that.
And RE 1968 I think Mick doesn't give a toss about Brian's last public stage appearance with the group.

Yeah agreed. They can leave the rehearsals in the vault.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 19:28

All those links have expired...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 19, 2021 07:54

dcba
24FPS

Yeah, but they usually played around with familiar blues numbers to shake off the rust. Okay, forget that it was Brian's last appearance. (His appearance on Rock and Roll Circus is what I think kept it locked up all those years). Sell it as the first public playing of Jumping Jack Flash.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home