Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT;2021 Grammy's; for a few minutes, it rocked.
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:26

Did not watch live but found this on youtube from last night; excellent.
Rockandroll,
Mops

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 04:27 by rollmops.

Re: OT;2021 Grammy's; for few minutes, it rocked.
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:51

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

[youtu.be]

My wife has always liked Bruno Mars, and have to say he is quite talented and versatile. Maybe not to everyones liking, but one minute he's doing his original pop stuff,
then the Little Richard thing, and then next stepping into the classic soul grooves of the '70's with this also from last night. [www.youtube.com]

I remember some nice little reggae tunes he did years ago, as well as his James Brown inspired Superbowl performance - dude's got talent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-15 22:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 15, 2021 23:35

Bruno Mars is an amazing musician; he can play!! There are still lots of great young musicians who are rooted in blues and rock and roll but they do their things in nowadays music industry and that is cool.
Just happy to see the connection alive and well. Rock and roll music played live by motivated musicians is just a pleasure too watch.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 16, 2021 00:28

I haven't seen the Grammys in years. It's not like we live in a world that gives a crap about current music anymore.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 16, 2021 01:02

As my wife is a big fan of Bruno, I went his show with her. I quite enjoyed 21st century soul show.

I guess Bruno's father and I are of the same generation.
This is because his father named his son Bruno after a famous professional wrestler that I was also a big fan of in the 60s.smiling smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 16, 2021 01:05

24FPS
It's not like we live in a world that gives a crap about current music anymore.

Utterly ridiculous statement.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 16, 2021 02:45

Hairball
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

[youtu.be]

My wife has always liked Bruno Mars, and have to say he is quite talented and versatile. Maybe not to everyones liking, but one minute he's doing his original pop stuff,
then the Little Richard thing, and then next stepping into the classic soul grooves of the '70's with this also from last night. [www.youtube.com]

I remember some nice little reggae tunes he did years ago, as well as his James Brown inspired Superbowl performance - dude's got talent.

Prior to his 2014 Super Bowl show I had only read about him and just hasn't gotten around to listening (and then realized I had heard him when he did Locked Out Of Heaven). What I saw, more so heard, was fantastic! James Brown influence indeed, excellently so, with some Prince thrown in, but absolutely original. Great talent.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:20

Anybody See Ringo. He looks fantastic!

Date: March 16, 2021 04:21

Sockers56

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:22

Ringo has a new EP out this week: Zoom In!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:23

Hairball
Sockers56

He must be the first 80-year-old without any grey in his beard!

Re: OT;2021 Grammy's; for a few minutes, it rocked.
Date: March 16, 2021 05:33

Without his hair dye, beard, or glasses, Ringo would sort of look like Sean Penn...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 16, 2021 07:38

NilsHolgersson
Hairball
Sockers56

He must be the first 80-year-old without any grey in his beard!

Ha, when I saw the original quote I thought I wonder if he was giving a peace sign. Scrolled down and saw the pic!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 16, 2021 08:08

Bastion
24FPS

Utterly true statement. I lived through the sixties, seventies, and into a lot of the eighties. Music was in the zeitgeist. There are no giants now with huge hit records. No Police, no Michael Jackson, no Led Zeppelin. Most people, and I count myself among them, couldn't tell you anything about the pop charts these days. Current music simply doesn't matter to a large cross section of people anymore. You used to hear music coming out of apartment windows. Now everyone has ear buds in, isolated.

I just looked at the Billboard top 10. Most of them I'll bet are autotuned. That 'fad' would have lasted a couple records in the 60s, and then we would have moved on to something new.

The Beatles were popular from young to old. Now music is extremely segregated. If you have a different opinion, please state it forcefully, and eloquently. Just grunting 'Utterly ridiculous statement' doesn't cut it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2021 08:29

ROCKMAN

Date: March 16, 2021 08:43

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 16, 2021 09:06

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 16, 2021 13:23

I thought the Black Puma's spot was the break out performance of the night

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 16, 2021 20:11

24FPS
Bastion
24FPS

Utterly true statement. I lived through the sixties, seventies, and into a lot of the eighties. Music was in the zeitgeist. There are no giants now with huge hit records. No Police, no Michael Jackson, no Led Zeppelin. Most people, and I count myself among them, couldn't tell you anything about the pop charts these days. Current music simply doesn't matter to a large cross section of people anymore. You used to hear music coming out of apartment windows. Now everyone has ear buds in, isolated.

I just looked at the Billboard top 10. Most of them I'll bet are autotuned. That 'fad' would have lasted a couple records in the 60s, and then we would have moved on to something new.

The Beatles were popular from young to old. Now music is extremely segregated. If you have a different opinion, please state it forcefully, and eloquently. Just grunting 'Utterly ridiculous statement' doesn't cut it.

[refraining from using the b word in response to the almost satirical examples......]

You may be stuck in your ways and the past, not listening to new music - that’s fine. But don’t think you can then speak about the contemporary music scene.

Why are you looking at the billboard top 100 as an example of contemporary music? A little narrow minded.

I could list a great number of exceptional electronic, indie, hard rock, garage, soul, funk, jazz, afrobeat, pop, hip hop, metal, rap albums released in the last few years alone.

But no. ‘Billboard top 100 = crap = all contemporary music crap’.

Even in the last few days/weeks, a wonderful album released by Pino Palladino and Blake Mills. Also Buck Meek, Madlib, Puma Blue, Calibre and Mr. Mitch. New Floating Points album in 2 weeks time - made in collaboration with Pharoah Sanders.

What a wonderful time for music! smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 20:16 by Bastion.

Date: March 16, 2021 22:53

Carlton ---- 13 March 2021 ............. Photo Rockeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 17, 2021 03:03

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 17, 2021 05:43

Hairball
Without his hair dye, beard, or glasses, Ringo would sort of look like Sean Penn...

I doubt it. I watched him on Stephen Colbert last night. He simply does not have the wrinkles or what my dad called turkey neck of so many people of that age. Besides, he does care care of himself, he meditates & is a vegan.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 17, 2021 17:07

Ringo used Keith's line: "Good to be anywhere!"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 17, 2021 20:29

24FPS
Bastion
24FPS

You mead you don't think people will be listening to Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and Cardi B in 50 years, the way people today listen to Stones, Beatles and a hundred artists from the 60's, Miles and Coltrane and Monk and others from the 50s, Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and others from the 80s?

You are correct. There are plenty of good musicians around today, but nobody has ever heard of them, they are playing in clubs, etc. The Grammies, current top 10 etc are a glorification of sh *t

nothing against Bruno Mars, who is very talented and an exception.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-17 20:30 by Rokyfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home