Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Allen vs. Farrow, Stones related
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 24, 2021 21:38

MisterDDDD
24FPS
MisterDDDD
Yes you were, or rather you tried to use a current non-related o/t documentary to advance your distaste (or fascination) with the bands sexual exploits of the past.

It worked, but next time maybe just lead with that as opposed to saying an alleged pedophiles escapades are somehow related. Fin.

Wrong again. I never expressed distaste. (Project much?) Simply a discussion. Obviously I triggered you.

My earlier "triggered" comment to you clearly left a mark.
Good.

Whatever self delusion it takes for you to feel good. I'm going to stop this now so we can get back to the serious business of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2021 21:47

MisterDDDD
24FPS
Taylor1
How is this Stones related? It is your opinion of what happened with Mick.Where in this Allen documentary do they discuss Mick?

It's on topic, considering it's about underage sex with celebrities. That subject concerns two known Stones, Mick Jagger, allegedly, and Bill Wyman with 14 year-old Bill Wyman.

Off topic AF and offensive (as well as potentially libelous) to infer otherwise.
Allen is being accused of more than sex with a minor obviously.
He's being accused of that and of being a pedophile.

If a tv show and the topic trigger you personally, I would suggest dealing with your issues in a more suitable forum.

Standing by my earlier remarks.
O/T AF.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2021 22:43

treaclefingers
Hairball
treaclefingers
Hairball
Big Al
We’ve discussed this before. I’m of the opinion that it’s the knowing that claws at one’s sense of inherent right and wrong. Bill Wyman and Jimmy Page knew the age(s) of the minors they engaged sexually with: Mandy Smith and Lori Maddox respectively. I suspect many of them had sex unknowingly with minors. It’s still very uncomfortable to think about, however.

Gary Glitter was a fully-blown, participating pedophile. He ended-up in Cambodia for a reason.

And there was also Mick with an underaged Rae Dawn Chong who was only 15 in 1976....

Rae Dawn Chong

...um...and Mackenzie Philips

I was going to mention her also, but looked up the scandalous accusation against Mick, and she said she was 18 at the time. Jagger + Mackenzie
She did quote Mick as saying "I've been waiting for this since you were ten years old" which is creepy as hell, but hard to say if any of what she says is completely accurate.
In the same book, she also claims she was molested by her dad repeatedly....

Thanks for clarifying...I didn't recall that.

Photo by Andy Warhol, c. 1977. Mick with McKenzie Phillips (middle) and Nicky Lane Weymouth.
McKenzie was 18 at the time of photo, and was right in the midst of the highly popular tv show One Day at a Time she co-starred in with Valerie Bertinelli.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 23:27 by Hairball.

Date: March 24, 2021 23:51

MisterDDDD
MisterDDDD
24FPS
Taylor1
How is this Stones related? It is your opinion of what happened with Mick.Where in this Allen documentary do they discuss Mick?

It's on topic, considering it's about underage sex with celebrities. That subject concerns two known Stones, Mick Jagger, allegedly, and Bill Wyman with 14 year-old Bill Wyman.

Off topic AF and offensive (as well as potentially libelous) to infer otherwise.
Allen is being accused of more than sex with a minor obviously.
He's being accused of that and of being a pedophile.

If a tv show and the topic trigger you personally, I would suggest dealing with your issues in a more suitable forum.

Standing by my earlier remarks.
O/T AF.

Same here. Not O/T AF as long as Mick, Bill, and now Keith are/were all members of the Rolling Stones, and had alleged encounters with underage girls. If my bringing this subject up makes you squirm, and triggers you personally. I would suggest you deal with your issues here. Entertain us.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 24, 2021 23:53

Hairball
treaclefingers
Hairball
treaclefingers
Hairball
Big Al
We’ve discussed this before. I’m of the opinion that it’s the knowing that claws at one’s sense of inherent right and wrong. Bill Wyman and Jimmy Page knew the age(s) of the minors they engaged sexually with: Mandy Smith and Lori Maddox respectively. I suspect many of them had sex unknowingly with minors. It’s still very uncomfortable to think about, however.

Gary Glitter was a fully-blown, participating pedophile. He ended-up in Cambodia for a reason.

And there was also Mick with an underaged Rae Dawn Chong who was only 15 in 1976....

Rae Dawn Chong

...um...and Mackenzie Philips

I was going to mention her also, but looked up the scandalous accusation against Mick, and she said she was 18 at the time. Jagger + Mackenzie
She did quote Mick as saying "I've been waiting for this since you were ten years old" which is creepy as hell, but hard to say if any of what she says is completely accurate.
In the same book, she also claims she was molested by her dad repeatedly....

Thanks for clarifying...I didn't recall that.

Photo by Andy Warhol, c. 1977. Mick with McKenzie Phillips (middle) and Nicky Lane Weymouth.
McKenzie was 18 at the time of photo, and was right in the midst of the highly popular tv show One Day at a Time she co-starred in with Valerie Bertinelli.

MacKenzie Phillips was never that hot. Even at 18 she was just average-looking. I never understood Mick's attraction towards her. He had so many more beautiful and interesting options available at the time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 00:20 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 25, 2021 01:02

I agree TornAndFried - never thought much of her at all back then, or ever for that matter.
And not just because she was so "average-looking" as you say, but also because she always seemed a bit brash and obnoxious.
Valerie Bertinelli on the other hand was pretty darn good looking, and always seemed sweet and nice----Eddie Van Halen was a lucky guy back then.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 25, 2021 09:32

If this thread has reached the stage of rating the "hotness" of the underage girls involved, it's probably time it was closed.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2021 09:43

AND of course GL all these guys are such HUNKS ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: March 25, 2021 10:13

24FPS

I wasn't trying to get attention, buttmunch. I was trying to have an adult conversation concerning the documentary, and ancillary rock stars who engaged in underage sex...

No, you’re so far from engaging in adult conversation you make the rest of us almost feel like pedophiles for responding…Sex with underage groupies may be an interesting topic (one that’s been explored many times on this board I should add) but please keep the Woody Allens of the world out of it (and vice versa). Most people get that…

Date: March 25, 2021 10:18

Hairball
I agree TornAndFried - never thought much of her at all back then, or ever for that matter.
And not just because she was so "average-looking" as you say, but also because she always seemed a bit brash and obnoxious.
Valerie Bertinelli on the other hand was pretty darn good looking, and always seemed sweet and nice----Eddie Van Halen was a lucky guy back then.

Sure, you’d rather be seen at a gala with Bertinelli but dimes to donuts MacKenzie gave better head.

I apologize for going off topic but blame 24FPS - he's the one who made the ignoble juxtaposition which started this nonsense.

Date: March 25, 2021 13:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 14:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 25, 2021 14:02

If this were me writing this stuff, Hairball would be appalled.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 25, 2021 14:59

Thanks Sway 1967 for two new words added to my English vocabulary: Ignoble and juxtaposition. Always great to learn new phrases. Thanks again.

Date: March 25, 2021 17:58

Swayed1967
24FPS

I wasn't trying to get attention, buttmunch. I was trying to have an adult conversation concerning the documentary, and ancillary rock stars who engaged in underage sex...

No, you’re so far from engaging in adult conversation you make the rest of us almost feel like pedophiles for responding…Sex with underage groupies may be an interesting topic (one that’s been explored many times on this board I should add) but please keep the Woody Allens of the world out of it (and vice versa). Most people get that…

You needn't be periphrastic. Just get to the point. Have a little lenity and a cup of negus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 18:00 by 24FPS.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 25, 2021 19:38

24FPS
Swayed1967
24FPS

You needn't be periphrastic. Just get to the point. Have a little lenity and a cup of negus.

You can try to play Scrabble here, but back to the point, you declared Mick Jagger to be a statutory rapist while claiming you wanted to have a discussion. You're not discussing, you have already judged.Creepy for sure.

Date: March 25, 2021 22:07

MKjan
24FPS
Swayed1967
24FPS

You can try to play Scrabble here, but back to the point, you declared Mick Jagger to be a statutory rapist while claiming you wanted to have a discussion. You're not discussing, you have already judged.Creepy for sure.

The discussion was about how you/we felt about rock stars having sex with underage girls, and if it colors who we feel about their art. And I'm not trying to play Scrabble here, I am playing Scrabble here. Because this has gotten much too periphrastic.

Date: March 26, 2021 02:40

24FPS
MKjan
24FPS
Swayed1967
24FPS

The discussion was about how you/we felt about rock stars having sex with underage girls, and if it colors who we feel about their art. And I'm not trying to play Scrabble here, I am playing Scrabble here. Because this has gotten much too periphrastic.

Ok, your game playing aside, and back to the point, you called Mick Jagger a statutory rapist. Still creepy.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 26, 2021 02:57

Green Lady
If this thread has reached the stage of rating the "hotness" of the underage girls involved, it's probably time it was closed.

MacKenzie Phillips was 18 at the time of her alleged tryst with Mick Jagger so she doesn't qualify as "underage"...but at least it's on-topic! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-26 03:07 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 26, 2021 04:11

TornAndFried
Green Lady

MacKenzie Phillips was 18 at the time of her alleged tryst with Mick Jagger so she doesn't qualify as "underage"...but at least it's on-topic! winking smiley

Yes, and it's unquestionably Stones related...or should I say Mick related.

Date: March 26, 2021 08:11

24FPS

You're not playing Scrabble. You and your 'adult conversation' are scurrying down 'Smart Ass Lane,' the only exit left open to you...You're welcome back if Woody ever auditions for the Stones - I hear he blows a mean sax.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: March 26, 2021 14:12

NilsHolgersson
I can seperate the artist from the person, I can even still listen to George Michael

Some people can be like that. I am sure Jimmy Savile still has a lot of fans “across the pond” too. People seem to think that if the victims are fans (i.e., underage groupies) the celebrity can do anything he wants.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-26 14:18 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 27, 2021 17:01

misterfrias
NilsHolgersson
I can seperate the artist from the person, I can even still listen to George Michael

Some people can be like that. I am sure Jimmy Savile still has a lot of fans “across the pond” too. People seem to think that if the victims are fans (i.e., underage groupies) the celebrity can do anything he wants.

I wouldn’t be so sure about Savile. He was secretly loathed by so many throughout his career, too. His wrongdoing is simply too monstrous. He wasn’t a pop-star who created wonderful music, or a film-director of immense note. He was an eccentric television personality, who terrified many children and did a lot of charity work; all of which was a cover for his multitude of crimes.

Date: March 27, 2021 21:27

Swayed1967
24FPS

You're not playing Scrabble. You and your 'adult conversation' are scurrying down 'Smart Ass Lane,' the only exit left open to you...You're welcome back if Woody ever auditions for the Stones - I hear he blows a mean sax.

Nice try at a burn, but you revealed your lack of knowledge. Woody Allen plays the clarinet. Every Monday night at a club in Manhattan. He's not Boots Randolph. And I'm not exiting so it's not up to you to welcome me back.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: March 31, 2021 22:01

From the well-known Rolling Stones song on Let It Bleed:

I can see that you're fifteen years old
No I don't want your I.D.
And I've seen that you're so far from home
But it's no hanging matter
It's no capital crime

Fifteen years old! Vulnerable runaway girls! Better cancel the Rolling Stones...and quick!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 31, 2021 22:11

It was the 60s.. free love

Date: March 31, 2021 22:29

Pietro

It's no capital crime

Fifteen years old! Vulnerable runaway girls! Better cancel the Rolling Stones...and quick!

While intending to mock or slam the "cancel culture" I assume, Pietro's post here proves the opposite of it's intent.

None of the following artists or been "cancelled" over their lyrics, including the Stones lyrics posted.

Other examples-
Iggy Pop- Look Away
"I slept wlth Sable when she was 13
Her parents were too rich to do anything
She rocked her way around L.A
'Til a New York doll carried her away"

Kiss- Christeen Sixteen
"I don't usually say things like this to girls your age,
but when I saw you coming out of school that day,
I knew, I've got to have you! I've got to have you!"

Aerosmith - Jailbait
"Take it, leave it, roll the dice
She’s hot as hell, I’m cold as ice oh jailbait
Tell your daddy how you do me
Put the woodshed, do it to me jailbait
Whatcha see in daddy’s eyes
Check the voice, no surprise oh jailbait
Ooooh…"

Elton John - All the girls love Alice
“Tender, young Alice”, they say
Come over and see me
Come over and please me
Alice, it’s my turn today
(...)
And what do you expect from a sixteen year old yo-yo"

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Sitting on the park bench
Eyeing little girls with bad intent
Yeah-eah
Ah"

Beach Boys – Hey Little Tomboy
"Hey, little tomboy, I’ve had my eyes on you
Thinkin’ what a girl you could be
Mmm, I smell perfume, let’s try some cut-off jeans
(...)
I’m gonna teach you to kiss
You’re gonna feel just like this
They’re doin’ it all over the world"

Eric Clapton – Jailbait
"And do her mom and daddy know
She gets all the boys so wound?
She can’t be more than sixteen.
Man, that little girl is sound."

ZZ Top - Francine
"My Francine just turned thirteen
She’s my angelic teenage queen
And I love her, she’s all that I want
And I need her, she’s all that I need"

Led Zeppelin - Sick Again
"From the window of your rented limousine,
I saw your pretty blue eyes
One day soon you’re gonna reach sixteen,
Painted lady in the city of lies.
Oh, do you know my name?
Do I look the same"

Ringo Starr – You’re Sixteen and you’re mine
"You’re my baby, you’re my pet,
We fell in love on the night we met.
You touched my hand, my heart went pop,
Ooh, when we kissed, i could not stop.
(...)
You’re sixteen, you’re beautiful, and you’re mine."

Date: March 31, 2021 22:57

24FPS
MisterDDDD
24FPS
MisterDDDD
TornAndFried
Off Topic subject and completely unrelated to the Rolling Stones. I recommend BV close this thread. Waste of time.

But we're learning so much about the Allen vs Farrow series confused smiley

For example, did you know that Woody and the Stones Woody also share a nick-name?
Verrry Stones related, I mean it even says so right in the header.
''

I believe you are the one who was triggered, and went off on a tangent. I said it was Stones related. It is.

Of course it is 24, I mean if you say so who could argue? winking smiley

Matter of fact, I think your new way of identifying obviously on topic threads is a good one.
From now on we should all do it that way just to shake things up.

Obvious Stones threads will now say "Stones related" just so it's very clear.
Examples:
"Goats Head Soup- Reissue, Stones related"
"Mick is still in Italy, Stones related"

Lofl.

Obviously YOU could argue. And you go on and on, further from the topic. I'm going to drop out of this. You're tiresome, and haven't added anything to the original conversation.

I hope you keep your word and drop out. You go on and on trying to weasel out your statement.

A Stones fan goes on a Stones fan forum and libels Mick Jagger, calling him a statutory rapist, and you want us to discuss your lie. Give it up, and get clear.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 1, 2021 10:48

MisterDDDD
Pietro

It's no capital crime

While intending to mock or slam the "cancel culture" I assume, Pietro's post here proves the opposite of it's intent.

None of the following artists or been "cancelled" over their lyrics, including the Stones lyrics posted.

Other examples-
Iggy Pop- Look Away
"I slept wlth Sable when she was 13
Her parents were too rich to do anything
She rocked her way around L.A
'Til a New York doll carried her away"

Kiss- Christeen Sixteen
"I don't usually say things like this to girls your age,
but when I saw you coming out of school that day,
I knew, I've got to have you! I've got to have you!"

Aerosmith - Jailbait
"Take it, leave it, roll the dice
She’s hot as hell, I’m cold as ice oh jailbait
Tell your daddy how you do me
Put the woodshed, do it to me jailbait
Whatcha see in daddy’s eyes
Check the voice, no surprise oh jailbait
Ooooh…"

Elton John - All the girls love Alice
“Tender, young Alice”, they say
Come over and see me
Come over and please me
Alice, it’s my turn today
(...)
And what do you expect from a sixteen year old yo-yo"

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Sitting on the park bench
Eyeing little girls with bad intent
Yeah-eah
Ah"

Beach Boys – Hey Little Tomboy
"Hey, little tomboy, I’ve had my eyes on you
Thinkin’ what a girl you could be
Mmm, I smell perfume, let’s try some cut-off jeans
(...)
I’m gonna teach you to kiss
You’re gonna feel just like this
They’re doin’ it all over the world"

Eric Clapton – Jailbait
"And do her mom and daddy know
She gets all the boys so wound?
She can’t be more than sixteen.
Man, that little girl is sound."

ZZ Top - Francine
"My Francine just turned thirteen
She’s my angelic teenage queen
And I love her, she’s all that I want
And I need her, she’s all that I need"

Led Zeppelin - Sick Again
"From the window of your rented limousine,
I saw your pretty blue eyes
One day soon you’re gonna reach sixteen,
Painted lady in the city of lies.
Oh, do you know my name?
Do I look the same"

Ringo Starr – You’re Sixteen and you’re mine
"You’re my baby, you’re my pet,
We fell in love on the night we met.
You touched my hand, my heart went pop,
Ooh, when we kissed, i could not stop.
(...)
You’re sixteen, you’re beautiful, and you’re mine."

And nor should they be cancelled. The legal age of consent is sixteen in the U.K.A non-issue! The ZZ Top one, though. Hmm...

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home