Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Allen vs. Farrow, Stones related
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 18, 2021 08:38

Four Stone Walls
Big Al
Four Stone Walls
This is an odd thread really.

There is a difference between paedophilia and an underage person having consensual sex.

I expect that most of us here had some form of consensual sex before they were 18.

Rape is a non-consensual situation, isn't it?

I know nothing about paedophilia and don't want to either.

I do know thatJohn Phillips wrote a song called 14 about his daughter. Mick Jagger sung it. Keith plays on it. And Mick T I think, though in '76.

That is properly Stones- related.

Two minors engaging in a sexual act together is totally different.

An adult engaging in sexual conduct with a minor is considered to be rape. One party is underage, so, legally, it cannot be consensual.

Well what's law got to do with consensual love for example

Anyway, going back to the music, but enjoying Rickman's succinct and to- the-point posts here .....

Are you serious? Are you suggesting that if, say, a thirteen-year-old and a forty-something are in a ‘consensual’ sexual relationship, it’s okay? it’s never okay in such circumstances. That’s why there are laws.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 18, 2021 09:55

RollingFreak
Stoneage
Of course legalities do not matter here. Allen can't win this even he wins in court. In the eyes of the public he is doomed anyway. Which I'm sure Allen is painfully aware of.

He's won for the last 30 years so I wouldn't be so sure of that. We knew almost all of this for 1/3 of a century. If people weren't paying attention, thats one thing, but it looks like, as evidenced by this thread, people have made up their minds one way or the other and aren't budging.

As I mentioned, its sad either way, and I think its short sighted, even if it is convincing, to say this was not one sided. Objectively, it was, and they aren't even hiding that fact. Doesn't necessarily prove he did it. There's a great 2 and a half hour YouTube video that tells the exact opposite story. Both are compelling. Robert B Weide did a documentary on Woody 15 years ago and combed through this stuff and came to the conclusion Woody is innocent. Is he right? Who knows. But IMO, his opinion is as justified as this new documentary's. There's murky stuff on both sides. I don't necessarily believe any of them fully. I think to fully blast someone for their beliefs on this matter is pretty unnecessary. Its one of very few cases I can think of this publicly where there's evidence on either side to justify people's feelings, and screaming about why they're wrong doesn't help anything.

The nanny's changed their statements after the trial, claiming Mia forced them to testify the way they did. There's plenty of stuff not in the doc thats compelling the same way all court documents referencing the train are compelling. I also appreciate that they contextualized Dylan's "coaching" that's been made such a thing all these decades. Perfectly makes sense if she was questioned 9 times about the matter. Do I think she was? I have no idea, but I appreciate the logical argument otherwise which I feel has been absent from the discussion forever.

thumbs up

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 11:51

Although I was never a big fan,Woody Allen was at one time a beloved ,inventive,director and actor.Since these allegations,many star actors who have worked with him have shunned him.He can’t get easy financing or distribution for his films.Here in Americahe has become a pariah in the media.Why are people on this topic constantly bringing up Mick? I would never conclusively form the opinion someone has committed a crime until it was adjudicated fairly in a court of law.Innocent till proven guilty is a bedrock principal of Western Civilization.Like much of Western Civilization which created also 99 percent of all innovations the world is blessed with from hot water,air conditioning,modern medicine ,electricity, most musical instruments,safe.,mass produced food, automobiles, railroads,television,radio,mass produced clothing, modern plumbing.,modern housing, telephones , cameras, vaccines, the internet and western law, is under assault today.I will never state conclusively Mick broke any law until he admits it or is adjudicated in a court of law to have done so.I would not recklessly throw out comments that he did any of this stuff.I would hate to see the cancel culture come after him

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 12:26 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2021 13:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 14:07 by Stoneage.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 18, 2021 15:22

Cancel culture is a desease.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 18, 2021 16:20

RollingFreak
wonderboy
Allen began a 'relationship' with the adopted daughter of his partner when she was in high school. That's enough for me. Any teacher or parent knows that's a taboo, a betrayal. Even more so when you take her background into consideration.
That was enough for me to conclude he's a @#$%& creep.

I'm not in any way gonna condone it as normal. I think its sick and was wrong of him. Having said, does the fact that they've been married for 30 years mean nothing in that regard? Again, not defending it, and I'll never understand it, but an argument could be made that maybe they knew something was there given that its lasted all these decades. Just saying. I also really don't rate it as any less strange than what Bill Wyman and his son did. Creepy is creepy, I don't really know why people have different rules depending on who they like.

I know a woman who fell in love with her teacher while she was in high school, began a relationship with him after graduation and they have been married for 30 years. So I see what you are saying, and there are exceptions to every rule. In Allen's case, however, the young woman was basically family, and because of her upringing and circumstances was really in no situation to understand what was going on. The fact they are still together suggests to me that he has total control over her. Allen also betrayed Farrow; she was somebody he loved and he completely messed with her. He's a cruel man. ... I coached high school girls soccer a few years ago. The only reason a man can do that is that the parents trust that the male coach won't prey on their daughters. Some coaches do and it is always a huge betrayal and scandal.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 18, 2021 16:26

wonderboy
RollingFreak
wonderboy
Allen began a 'relationship' with the adopted daughter of his partner when she was in high school. That's enough for me. Any teacher or parent knows that's a taboo, a betrayal. Even more so when you take her background into consideration.
That was enough for me to conclude he's a @#$%& creep.

I'm not in any way gonna condone it as normal. I think its sick and was wrong of him. Having said, does the fact that they've been married for 30 years mean nothing in that regard? Again, not defending it, and I'll never understand it, but an argument could be made that maybe they knew something was there given that its lasted all these decades. Just saying. I also really don't rate it as any less strange than what Bill Wyman and his son did. Creepy is creepy, I don't really know why people have different rules depending on who they like.

I know a woman who fell in love with her teacher while she was in high school, began a relationship with him after graduation and they have been married for 30 years. So I see what you are saying, and there are exceptions to every rule. In Allen's case, however, the young woman was basically family, and because of her upringing and circumstances was really in no situation to understand what was going on. The fact they are still together suggests to me that he has total control over her. Allen also betrayed Farrow; she was somebody he loved and he completely messed with her. He's a cruel man. ... I coached high school girls soccer a few years ago. The only reason a man can do that is that the parents trust that the male coach won't prey on their daughters. Some coaches do and it is always a huge betrayal and scandal.

Woody said "the heart wants what the heart wants". A completely selfish narcissistic. That alone caused immeasurable pain to Mia and the family.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 18, 2021 18:08

I totally see where you're coming from, but both Soon Yi and Allen maintain that he didn't treat her like a father and that he barely paid attention to her till the relationship. Again, I'm not in any way saying its normal, its sick, but they both have consistently for 30 years stuck to a narrative that clearly makes sense to them. It may or may not mean something. No idea. He's never been accused of any other impropriety and I do think this video is extremely telling about Hollywood. He hasn't become a pariah until the last 2 years. Up until then, people were dying to work with him and everyone knew he was married to his daughter and had been accused of this other thing, even if they pretend to not know the extent:

[www.youtube.com]

I see no reason to think he's totally cancelled unless something changes because this shows how fickle everyone truly is. Moreso than any Weinstein thing IMO.

Posted by: grandmeaulne ()
Date: March 18, 2021 18:09

The sad thing about this "documentary" is that it overlooks the obvious coaching Farrow has done to her children. It's called parental alienation syndrome, and it's very well documented in nasty divorces.

Cops, psychologists, prosecutors, child care workers, judges, they all saw through it, that's why Allen was never charged. The Farrows had no credibility.

Marrying his adult step-daughter might have been creepy. But there's no evidence he abused his own children.

The HBO documentary is an outlet for the Farrows to perpetuate a myth they created

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 18, 2021 18:11

In 2009 Matteo Sereni, ex goalkeeper, played for Torino and Ipswich Town among the others, and his wife divorced. Wife accused Sereni of abusing their daughter.

Courts of first degree found him guilty. Apparently the judgement was based mainly on the declarations of the daughter. 9 years old if I remember correctly.

After 11 years of battles at court, just a week ago Sereni was released from all charges. It turned out that the daughter had been manipulated by the mother.

One can just imagine what a nightmare Sereni must have lived in those years.

I know on my skin that hits under the belt are the norm when you divorce.

I don't know if Woody Allen is guilty or not.

Quite frankly I hope not: I loved his films.

That said, who am I to judge others I do not know?

C

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2021 19:14

Pietro
If you want to know what's really going on here and how Woody Allen is being railroaded, you can read this blog post by Moses Farrow, one of the couple's adopted children.

A SON SPEAKS OUT By Moses Farrow

Funny nobody commented on this one...

Quote :
"It was common knowledge in Hollywood that my grandfather, the director John Farrow, was a notorious drinker and serial philanderer. There were numerous alcohol-fueled arguments between her parents, and Mia told me that she was the victim of attempted molestation within her own family. Her brother, my uncle John, who visited us many times when we were young, is currently in prison on a conviction of multiple child molestation charges"

"Most media sources claim my sister Tam died of “heart failure” at the age of 21. In fact, Tam struggled with depression for much of her life, a situation exacerbated by my mother refusing to get her help, insisting that Tam was just “moody.” One afternoon in 2000, after one final fight with Mia, which ended with my mother leaving the house, Tam committed suicide by overdosing on pills. My mother would tell others that the drug overdose was accidental, saying that Tam, who was blind, didn’t know which pills she was taking. But Tam had both an ironclad memory and sense of spatial recognition".

"When I didn’t give the answer she wanted, she slapped my face, knocking off my glasses. She told me I was lying and directed me to tell my brothers and sisters that I had taken the tape measure. Through my tears I listened to her as she explained that we would rehearse what should have happened. She would walk into the room and I would tell her I was sorry for taking the tape measure, that I had taken it to play with and that I would never do it again. She made me rehearse it at least a half-dozen times"

Do you need more evidence to prove this lady is completely crazy? She must a cockroach-mother on par with Joan Crawford...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 21:32 by dcba.

Date: March 18, 2021 21:21

dcba
Pietro
If you want to know what's really going on here and how Woody Allen is being railroaded, you can read this blog post by Moses Farrow, one of the couple's adopted children.

Funny nobody commented on this one...

Quote :
"It was common knowledge in Hollywood that my grandfather, the director John Farrow, was a notorious drinker and serial philanderer. There were numerous alcohol-fueled arguments between her parents, and Mia told me that she was the victim of attempted molestation within her own family. Her brother, my uncle John, who visited us many times when we were young, is currently in prison on a conviction of multiple child molestation charges"

"Most media sources claim my sister Tam died of “heart failure” at the age of 21. In fact, Tam struggled with depression for much of her life, a situation exacerbated by my mother refusing to get her help, insisting that Tam was just “moody.” One afternoon in 2000, after one final fight with Mia, which ended with my mother leaving the house, Tam committed suicide by overdosing on pills. My mother would tell others that the drug overdose was accidental, saying that Tam, who was blind, didn’t know which pills she was taking. But Tam had both an ironclad memory and sense of spatial recognition".

"When I didn’t give the answer she wanted, she slapped my face, knocking off my glasses. She told me I was lying and directed me to tell my brothers and sisters that I had taken the tape measure. Through my tears I listened to her as she explained that we would rehearse what should have happened. She would walk into the room and I would tell her I was sorry for taking the tape measure, that I had taken it to play with and that I would never do it again. She made me rehearse it at least a half-dozen times"

Do you need more evidence to prove this lady is completely crazy? He must a cockroach-mother on the level of Joan Crawford...

What's there to really comment on? I believe Moses, but its as much he said-she said as everything else with this case. The devil's advocate argument is that he's the sole child that speaks out, when there's 9 others that have done nothing but defend their mother. Again, I think what Moses is saying has merit, but can I prove it does any more than what else has been said by others in this family? Seems like there's weird shit on both sides that make the whole thing cloudy. No one can be 100% believed it seemed. Unless there's a big thing I'm missing. But my question would be why is that inherently more truthful to you than anything in the documentary series?

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: March 18, 2021 21:37

God this is worse than going on the "new Stones album news" thread.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 18, 2021 21:52

Big Al
Four Stone Walls
Big Al
Four Stone Walls
This is an odd thread really.

There is a difference between paedophilia and an underage person having consensual sex.

I expect that most of us here had some form of consensual sex before they were 18.

Rape is a non-consensual situation, isn't it?

I know nothing about paedophilia and don't want to either.

I do know thatJohn Phillips wrote a song called 14 about his daughter. Mick Jagger sung it. Keith plays on it. And Mick T I think, though in '76.

That is properly Stones- related.

Two minors engaging in a sexual act together is totally different.

An adult engaging in sexual conduct with a minor is considered to be rape. One party is underage, so, legally, it cannot be consensual.

Well what's law got to do with consensual love for example

Anyway, going back to the music, but enjoying Rickman's succinct and to- the-point posts here .....

Are you serious? Are you suggesting that if, say, a thirteen-year-old and a forty-something are in a ‘consensual’ sexual relationship, it’s okay? it’s never okay in such circumstances. That’s why there are laws.

I wasn't thinking 40 vs 13.

There are many possible permutations and different countries have different ages.

You might be referring to Wyman and M Smith. You'd have to ask them, and her mother.

Have you read David Niven's autobiography?

He was about 13, maybe 12. His first lover was over 30 I think.

But. Ideally don't know why we are discussing this here.

But just to respond to your response.

Love is the law.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.( not exact)

Love your neighbour as yourself

I don't think we should be concerning ourselves with Allen and Farrow here, or anywhere.

More interested in Bill as bass player and Stone.

And as wise Rickman (Stoneman) said: he is without sin should throw the first stone ( or rock).

On with the show.

Good health to you.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 18, 2021 22:13

Woody Allen had sex with his girlfriend's adopted child who was still in highschool and nobody in Hollywood thought anything of it and wanted to work with him..

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 18, 2021 22:36

I love Woody Allen films and couldn't care less about what may or may not have happened in his personal life.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 19, 2021 00:06

24FPS
Pietro
If you want to know what's really going on here and how Woody Allen is being railroaded, you can read this blog post by Moses Farrow, one of the couple's adopted children. He writes, "...given the incredibly inaccurate and misleading attacks on my father, Woody Allen, I feel that I can no longer stay silent as he continues to be condemned for a crime he did not commit."

By his account life was torture in the Farrow household and Farrow encouraged her children to hate and vilify Allen.

And many witnesses, who were there, dispute what he says. The other children say he was never abused. It's not 'what's really going on', it's just another person's beliefs. Many others, who were there, deny Moses' assertions. So Dylan Farrow, whose story never changed, was never molested by Woody? She simply decided one day to come up with this story so she would never have to see Woody again? A man she adored, until then? And what about the time Allen was caught with his head in her naked lap, sniffing her crotch? Are those witnesses liars? Is Dylan, who maintains her story as an adult, a liar? What would she have to gain? It's not like she got some kind of civil settlement.

Dylan, poor girl, almost certainly believes abuse took place because she has been groomed to make and repeat the allegations and thereafter 'therepised' from a very early age. I'm afraid you are wrong in saying her story never changed; the early accounts changed a good deal and were judged to have been coached. Anyone familiar with the concepts of parental alienation is aware how a child may be manipulated to make and maintain false allegations against one parent by the parent who is the primary attachment figure. What Dylan has to gain? Preservation of her relationship with Mia. Those children who cleave to Mia's agenda have a relationship with her - those who do not, are rejected. Moses, Lark, Soon-Yi. Aside from the background of extreme quasi-marital strife between Allen and Farrow against which this allegation arose, the fact that it is Mia who comes from a family where there have been sexual offenders (her brother!), it is striking that no one else has made any allegation against Allen in all these years and true paedophiles don't do it once.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 19, 2021 00:11

Though not a George Michael fan, I don’t believe this guy did anything other than whip it out in a men’s room with an adult male who happened to be a cop. He was gay. Not a weirdo.

Wyman is as a sick f uck. Mandy smith was 13 when he met her, he was 47. There’s no Romeo law or clause that defends him.

In the world of 70s rock n roll, Jagger sleeping with a 17 year old while he was 33 isn’t a big deal. A 33 year old guy, even in a rock n roll band couldn’t behave like that now. Jagger was certainly a womanizer, but not a peado, or predator.

Pete Townshend (I think) was trying to prove credit card companies would accept payment for sites providing child porn. His question was, why do they. (Again, I think I read this)

Everyone has their own definitions and boundaries, but I know the era I came of age in the, late 80s - 90s, Playing in bands and being involved in a music community was the same as war. If you fought you were genderless, you were a soldier. If you played in a band you were a musician. And musicians behaved badly at that time, regardless of gender. Check out what bands like L7 were up to at that time, and I knew a lot and played with a lot of women in bands who were just as outrageous as them.

What I’m trying to say is I think its dismissive to look at all women who at 17 slept with older men and call them victims. It would be insulting to a lot of the friends I had at 17 to say that to them. We were types of adults and we lived a type of life.

But the 4 years from 13-17 is lot more than “4” years at that age. You almost define who you become in that period. You can’t be in a sexual relationship with a 47 year old man and know what’s what. It takes some people that period and even into they’re 20s to be sure of their sexuality in some cases.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 19, 2021 00:12

NilsHolgersson
Woody Allen had sex with his girlfriend's adopted child who was still in highschool and nobody in Hollywood thought anything of it and wanted to work with him..

She was 21 when she began her relationship with Woody. They are still together, which is more than you can say for a lot of "normal" couples.

What a ridiculous thread, what am I doing here?

Date: March 19, 2021 01:23

Just a genuine question: what does everyone think about Mia steadfastly supporting Roman Polanski through all his stuff?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 19, 2021 07:16

She's a nutter.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 19, 2021 07:45

"Dylan, poor girl, almost certainly believes abuse took place because she has been groomed to make and repeat the allegations and thereafter 'therepised' from a very early age. I'm afraid you are wrong in saying her story never changed; the early accounts changed a good deal and were judged to have been coached." [/quote]

I don't remember that ever coming up that she was coached. I definitely remember a report that said she wasn't coached. Her story at 7 is the same at 35. And that Parental Alienation has been shown to be an insidious way for abuser to get away with it by claiming Parental Alienation. Moses was one child of 9. He wasn't there when Dylan claims to have been abused. He is not a witness. I'd like to know what his current relationship with Woody is. If he's been rewarded for being on his side.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 19, 2021 14:53

He may win on every count in court - it doesn't matter. Suspicions will still be there. And courting and marrying your stepdaughter is still a taboo in the society.
The stigma is there. Doesn't matter what he says or what happens in court. I'm sure Allen himself is aware of all this. He is a very intelligent man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 22:26 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2021 16:33

Stoneage
He may win on every account in court - it doesn't matter. Suspicions will still be there. And courting and marrying your step daughter is still a taboo in the society.
The stigma is there. Doesn't matter what he says or what happens in court. I'm sure Allen himself is aware of all this. He is a very intelligent man.

Surely it is, but seemingly that hasn't really affected to his career. It took place during the early 90's, and he has done numerous films since then, those and him being praised and celebrated, won oscars and what else. It looked bad back then, and but I guess it is like Keith describes things like that: "shit happens". No law - only a moral code - was broken and he managed to get away with it (or, to quote him, he has always been unpopular among certain people, so that their reception of him didn't change at all).

But the thing with Dylan is something else. We are talking about a true crime here, not just about morality - being suspected a thing like that is something that goes against any law anytime, anywhere. Yeah, he legally get away it back then, but now, after the case being 're-opened' in public by Dylan coming out, it might actually destroy his career, or at least put a really dark shadow over it or his legacy. As I understood his latest film was not at all shown in America - as a direct consequence of Dylan coming out. Now this new documentary surely will make things worse for him. Forget the court rooms, the jury is out there - the public opinion.

Interestingly, these two independent cases are linked together in the arguments of both sides. The Allen side claims that the tragical Dylan case was a fabrication and over-reaction of raged (and insane) Mia Farrow for Allen's affair with Soon Li. The Farrow side claims that the whole point of Allen making his secret affair with Soon public, stating publicly his love for her, and finally even marrying her, was a cold-blooded tactical move to shift the spotlight from the much more terrible Dylan case and thereby a desperate, but, as it turned out, a succesful attempt to save what is there left to save.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 16:40 by Doxa.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 19, 2021 17:11

24FPS
Finished the four part HBO series on Woody Allen versus Mia Farrow. It appears he did molest their seven year old daughter. I can't watch his films now without his abhorrent behavior coloring my perception of him, and his work. Some of his work reveals his predilection for underage girls, not necessarily children. As often occurs with rich, privileged, celebrities, Allen got away with it, and no charges were ever filed, though the prosecutor found 'probable cause', but didn't want to put the child through more trauma.

On the subject of underage girls, Jimmy Page, Bowie, Mick and Bill, Elvis, Ted Nugent, and others, are all guilty of statutory rape. They all had affairs, or just sex, with girls under the legal age. Is it no hanging matter? No capital crime? Or just more entitled celebrities getting away with rape? And does it color your enjoyment of their music, or do you just accept that their creeps? Poor Gary Glitter.

Allen didnt molest anybody. Farrow is/was part of that whole incest cult/regressed memories therapy cult. And he didn’t marry his own daughter, he did however marry his ex’s adopted daughter. Bad move but Farrow is a manipulative nut.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 19, 2021 17:41

It is very interesting how the Stones have mostly escaped the MeToo and cancel culture etc though.

The odd article here and there, but nothing comes of it. The upsurge in shock and horror and calls to boycott via Twitter etc etc just doesn't get going.

Maybe it's a sign that they are just too ingrained in us and liked or perhaps they are just not relevant enough to the wider social justice movement.

hot smiley

Date: March 19, 2021 17:46

24FPS
I don't remember that ever coming up that she was coached. I definitely remember a report that said she wasn't coached. Her story at 7 is the same at 35. And that Parental Alienation has been shown to be an insidious way for abuser to get away with it by claiming Parental Alienation. Moses was one child of 9. He wasn't there when Dylan claims to have been abused. He is not a witness. I'd like to know what his current relationship with Woody is. If he's been rewarded for being on his side.

You don't remember it ever coming up that she was coached? That was literally the basis of the entire video tape. I'm not saying its right but Dylan being coached has been around as long as the allegations. As well as those on the other side saying she wasn't. There's as many reports on both sides that make it inconclusive, and to say you don't remember that coming up... then I don't know what story you've been paying attention to.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 19, 2021 18:27

Redhotcarpet
24FPS
Finished the four part HBO series on Woody Allen versus Mia Farrow. It appears he did molest their seven year old daughter. I can't watch his films now without his abhorrent behavior coloring my perception of him, and his work. Some of his work reveals his predilection for underage girls, not necessarily children. As often occurs with rich, privileged, celebrities, Allen got away with it, and no charges were ever filed, though the prosecutor found 'probable cause', but didn't want to put the child through more trauma.

On the subject of underage girls, Jimmy Page, Bowie, Mick and Bill, Elvis, Ted Nugent, and others, are all guilty of statutory rape. They all had affairs, or just sex, with girls under the legal age. Is it no hanging matter? No capital crime? Or just more entitled celebrities getting away with rape? And does it color your enjoyment of their music, or do you just accept that their creeps? Poor Gary Glitter.

Allen didnt molest anybody. Farrow is/was part of that whole incest cult/regressed memories therapy cult. And he didn’t marry his own daughter, he did however marry his ex’s adopted daughter. Bad move but Farrow is a manipulative nut.

Why was that a bad move to marry her? They have been happily married for decades.

I get tired of people judging the past by today's standards. It was different times. I don't judge someone who in the 1970's had sex with a minor because it wasn't thought of the same as it is now. You people are aware that throughout human history men mated with young girls. It has shifted over time and now we are at the point where it is taboo. It was not taboo 40 years ago. IF the minor and her family didn't have a problem with it than why would anyone else. That was the attitude back then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 18:28 by stanlove.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 19, 2021 19:11

His Majesty
It is very interesting how the Stones have mostly escaped the MeToo and cancel culture etc though.

The odd article here and there, but nothing comes of it. The upsurge in shock and horror and calls to boycott via Twitter etc etc just doesn't get going.

Maybe it's a sign that they are just too ingrained in us and liked or perhaps they are just not relevant enough to the wider social justice movement.

hot smiley

It is very interesting, and they've escaped much that predates the MeToo and cancel culture. This goes back decades. What does it mean? It means they are doing something right, and I say bless them.
"We piss anywhere". Bill Wyman.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 19, 2021 19:38

Redhotcarpet
24FPS

And your opinion is based on what? Witnesses saw Woody on his knees with his head in Dylan's naked seven-year-old crotch, sniffing her. Dylan didn't come forward as an adult with 'regressed memories', whatever regressed memories are. She didn't come forward years later and claim, "I just remembered this." She first came forward at seven-years-old, right after the incident in the attic.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home