Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Allen vs. Farrow, Stones related
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 16, 2021 12:06

24FPS
Taylor1
You don’t know the law apparently.So don’t accuse Mick of a crime,okay?

You don't know to spell, or punctuate, so don't tell other people what they do and do not know.
.You got caught in a lie about the law.You don’t even know the age of consent in New York and now are trying to worm your way out of your stupid , innacurate,statements .What a world you want where someone is accused of a crime receives no due process.Hey tough guy, why not make your accusations against Jagger to the police? Or write a letter to the Stones music publisher.Maybe Sir Mick’s lawyers will respond to you.Before you accuse people of crimes study up on the law .

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 16, 2021 12:07

Taylor1
Do you really want the Woke folk to come after him?

His current girlfriend seems pretty woke on her instagram, it's a wonder she hasn't cancelled Mick!

Date: March 16, 2021 12:13

NilsHolgersson
Taylor1
Do you really want the Woke folk to come after him?

His current girlfriend seems pretty woke on her instagram, it's a wonder she hasn't cancelled Mick!
Good reason to dump her soon

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 16, 2021 12:46

Taylor1
Don’t bring up Wyman to me.And he wound up marrying her.I was only talking about your flippant accusation againstJaggerYou are just trying to evade the issue.You accused Jagger of a crime. it is not a crime for a man to have sex in New York with a 17 year old .And their is no proof Jagger slept with this Maddox woman whoever she is. Okay, if you are so concerned about Jagger has committed a crime for which he can go to jail , why not complain to the Police about the ,although the statute of limitations may have run out.Or ask the Queen to take back his knighthood . This is serious stuff you are accusing him of .Do you really want the Woke folk to come after him?

They wouldn't attack Mick for sleeping with a seventeen-year-old. Wyman, however? Oh dear. If he were more relevant...

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 16, 2021 12:50

BV......do you really want this thread on your great site ?????????

Date: March 16, 2021 13:01

Kingbeebuzz

Are you so sensitive to real-life, hard-hitting topics? We're discussing genuine issues that, sadly, plague popular music. We're adults and, in my opinion, should be able to freely discuss such things. The response and participation in thus thread thus far, does suggest there's a real interest.

Would you rather a banal thread about their 1981 Tour 'wardrobe'? That's a little unintelligent, trivial and debased, no?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 16, 2021 13:01

Well, there actually is a way to blame Mick for Allen v. Farrow tragedy, or see this as Stones-related. According to series, it was Michael Caine who asked Mia to have a dinner with him and his friends in Elaine's Restaurant (New York City, 1979), but she didn't want until she heard there will be Mick Jagger... It was then at there she met Woody for first time, and the rest is history... (A funny shot of Mick and Jerry there, by the way).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 13:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 16, 2021 13:17

I assume that most pop and rock musicians had sex with underaged girls in the 1960s and 1970s, surely before in the 50s. I bet noone ever gave a damn on that.

Date: March 16, 2021 13:40

Meise
I assume that most pop and rock musicians had sex with underaged girls in the 1960s and 1970s, surely before in the 50s. I bet noone ever gave a damn on that.

They surely did. Thankfully, that side of the industry is no more. At least, we should all hope so.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2021 15:43

Hairball
Big Al
We’ve discussed this before. I’m of the opinion that it’s the knowing that claws at one’s sense of inherent right and wrong. Bill Wyman and Jimmy Page knew the age(s) of the minors they engaged sexually with: Mandy Smith and Lori Maddox respectively. I suspect many of them had sex unknowingly with minors. It’s still very uncomfortable to think about, however.

Gary Glitter was a fully-blown, participating pedophile. He ended-up in Cambodia for a reason.

And there was also Mick with an underaged Rae Dawn Chong who was only 15 in 1976....

Rae Dawn Chong

...um...and Mackenzie Philips

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 16, 2021 16:16

Meise

It's fair to say that in the 60 and 70 rock musicians were in their 20s, so no big deal.

Also fair to say that when I was in my 20s I had affairs with girls under 18yo. Perfectly legal in Italy, by the way.

At last, when I was in my teens it happened (not to me - unfortunately) that friends of mine had affairs with mature women. Nobody felt raped. In fact, it was our wet dream!

Please, lets not confuse child sex, or rape, with underage sex.

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 16:17 by liddas.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 16, 2021 16:22

Well Jerry Lee Lewis was cancelled in 1958 for marrying his 13-year-old cousin.. he was 22

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2021 17:29

24FPS

Please blow it out your colon, you pompous twit. The subject is sex with a minor.

Thought the titled subject was Allen vs Farrow??
Perhaps consider changing it to, as you now are admitting, "Sex with a minor".

With your rationale a show about race horses would be on-topic.
Charlie has horses, I'm sure they run, would be your lead.

Again, by twisting the topic to fit your narrative, it's clear the topic triggers you.
Not the place to work on unrelated/unresolved personal issues imo.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2021 18:15

treaclefingers
Hairball
Big Al
We’ve discussed this before. I’m of the opinion that it’s the knowing that claws at one’s sense of inherent right and wrong. Bill Wyman and Jimmy Page knew the age(s) of the minors they engaged sexually with: Mandy Smith and Lori Maddox respectively. I suspect many of them had sex unknowingly with minors. It’s still very uncomfortable to think about, however.

Gary Glitter was a fully-blown, participating pedophile. He ended-up in Cambodia for a reason.

And there was also Mick with an underaged Rae Dawn Chong who was only 15 in 1976....

Rae Dawn Chong

...um...and Mackenzie Philips

I was going to mention her also, but looked up the scandalous accusation against Mick, and she said she was 18 at the time. Jagger + Mackenzie
She did quote Mick as saying "I've been waiting for this since you were ten years old" which is creepy as hell, but hard to say if any of what she says is completely accurate.
In the same book, she also claims she was molested by her dad repeatedly....

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 16, 2021 19:19

a very sneaky way to push a thread

not to mention bigotry

violence, rape, machism is a more serious, issue than the way it is presentend here, imo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 19:22 by maumau.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 16, 2021 19:30

Big Al
Kingbeebuzz

Are you so sensitive to real-life, hard-hitting topics? We're discussing genuine issues that, sadly, plague popular music. We're adults and, in my opinion, should be able to freely discuss such things. The response and participation in thus thread thus far, does suggest there's a real interest.

Would you rather a banal thread about their 1981 Tour 'wardrobe'? That's a little unintelligent, trivial and debased, no?

No kidding. Talk about people getting triggered. No one is suggesting Mick be locked up. And the authorities, for whatever reason, let Bill off the hook long ago. They are really just a part of a group of high profile rock stars, and celebrities in general, who for many years got away with what were crimes at the time. Do you really think rock stars checked every groupie's I.D. before engaging in sex?

Do you think it hurts the Stones image to know they were bad boys when it came to underage girls? Did singing about the Devil hurt their image? Album sales? Ticket prices? I tried to make this an adult conversation, but some people get very emotional when you talk about their fave pop stars. How many of us, given the opportunities they were, would have demurred?

Date: March 16, 2021 19:34

Taylor1
24FPS
Taylor1

You don't know to spell, or punctuate, so don't tell other people what they do and do not know.
.You got caught in a lie about the law.You don’t even know the age of consent in New York and now are trying to worm your way out of your stupid , innacurate,statements .What a world you want where someone is accused of a crime receives no due process.Hey tough guy, why not make your accusations against Jagger to the police? Or write a letter to the Stones music publisher.Maybe Sir Mick’s lawyers will respond to you.Before you accuse people of crimes study up on the law .

Yes, Esquire Taylor 1. As someone mentioned, how about Rae Dawn Chong? She claims she was 15. Where is that age legal? And please, quote me case law.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 16, 2021 19:38

Wide range of topics here, from George Michael who as far as I know never attempted anything other than between consenting adults (and had the unfortunate situation with an undercover officer), to Gary Glitter who was obviously partaking of underage sex trafficking victims.

Not a fan of either but at least Michael was otherwise apparently a fairly decent fellow who enjoyed Christmas church services and philanthropy. I'm guessing you can't said the same for Glitter.

As for everything else in the middle...who knows, not everyone carried around a smartphone back in those days for proof with secret recordings and such, plus laws differ by state and county and by date. What might not be legal today could've been then based on where it occurred. Not saying any of it's right, but you need to put it in context of time and place to determine legality (which certainly could conflict with morals and ethics!).

Date: March 16, 2021 20:38

kovach
Wide range of topics here, from George Michael who as far as I know never attempted anything other than between consenting adults (and had the unfortunate situation with an undercover officer), to Gary Glitter who was obviously partaking of underage sex trafficking victims.

Not a fan of either but at least Michael was otherwise apparently a fairly decent fellow who enjoyed Christmas church services and philanthropy. I'm guessing you can't said the same for Glitter.

As for everything else in the middle...who knows, not everyone carried around a smartphone back in those days for proof with secret recordings and such, plus laws differ by state and county and by date. What might not be legal today could've been then based on where it occurred. Not saying any of it's right, but you need to put it in context of time and place to determine legality (which certainly could conflict with morals and ethics!).

Certainly true, and part of the discussion. I'm still waiting for someone to say what awful things George Michael allegedly did. I don't remember hearing anything that wasn't between consenting adults.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 16, 2021 21:16

Off Topic subject and completely unrelated to the Rolling Stones. I recommend BV close this thread. Waste of time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 16, 2021 21:48

Where were Lori's parents?

Date: March 16, 2021 21:52

TornAndFried
Off Topic subject and completely unrelated to the Rolling Stones. I recommend BV close this thread. Waste of time.

But we're learning so much about the Allen vs Farrow series confused smiley

For example, did you know that Woody and the Stones Woody also share a nick-name?
Verrry Stones related, I mean it even says so right in the header.

Date: March 16, 2021 22:41

TornAndFried

Really? Mick Jagger and Bill Wyman are not related to the Rolling Stones? Have you heard of them? They made massive contributions to their music and legacy. I would say they were important players in the overall scheme of the group. I recommend you open Wikipedia to both Mr. Jagger, and Mr. Wyman. You will be educated I know, and delighted with their input in perhaps the greatest rock and roll band, ever. I recommend you stop wasting your time on this thread and go to Google. Now.

Date: March 16, 2021 22:43

MisterDDDD
TornAndFried

For example, did you know that Woody and the Stones Woody also share a nick-name?
''

I believe you are the one who was triggered, and went off on a tangent. I said it was Stones related. It is.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 16, 2021 22:58

(alleged) child molestation of an 8 (?) year-old

rock star sex with underage groupies

related?

a S T R E T C H

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 16, 2021 23:08

This is an odd thread really.

There is a difference between paedophilia and an underage person having consensual sex.

I expect that most of us here had some form of consensual sex before they were 18.

Rape is a non-consensual situation, isn't it?

I know nothing about paedophilia and don't want to either.

I do know thatJohn Phillips wrote a song called 14 about his daughter. Mick Jagger sung it. Keith plays on it. And Mick T I think, though in '76.

That is properly Stones- related.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 23:10 by Four Stone Walls.

Date: March 16, 2021 23:09

24FPS
MisterDDDD
TornAndFried

''

I believe you are the one who was triggered, and went off on a tangent. I said it was Stones related. It is.

Of course it is 24, I mean if you say so who could argue? winking smiley

Matter of fact, I think your new way of identifying obviously on topic threads is a good one.
From now on we should all do it that way just to shake things up.

Obvious Stones threads will now say "Stones related" just so it's very clear.
Examples:
"Goats Head Soup- Reissue, Stones related"
"Mick is still in Italy, Stones related"

Lofl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 23:10 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 16, 2021 23:14

MisterDDDD
24FPS
MisterDDDD
TornAndFried

''

Of course it is 24, I mean if you say so who could argue? winking smiley

Matter of fact, I think your new way of identifying obviously on topic threads is a good one.
From now on we should all do it that way just to shake things up.

Obvious Stones threads will now say "Stones related" just so it's very clear.
Examples:
"Goats Head Soup- Reissue, Stones related"
"Mick is still in Italy, Stones related"

Lofl.

Obviously YOU could argue. And you go on and on, further from the topic. I'm going to drop out of this. You're tiresome, and haven't added anything to the original conversation.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 16, 2021 23:20

Well, let's say that if the MeToo movement could sew the rock stars for things that happenned in the 70s, they would all be living at the 'grey bar hotel' right now.All of them... (Stones, Who, Zeppelin, etc...)

Date: March 16, 2021 23:35

24FPS
Taylor1
24FPS
Taylor1

Yes, Esquire Taylor 1. As someone mentioned, how about Rae Dawn Chong? She claims she was 15. Where is that age legal? And please, quote me case law.
Every woman deserves to be heard, not everyone has the right to be believed. The Me Too movement is destroying a fundamental principle of Western civilization, namely due process. Jagger may have slept with Chong, but her saying it 20 years later for the first time and without corroboration , should not be the basis to annoint it as the truth as you are doing here. Besides, this I thought a great website to discuss the Stones's music. Do you really want Jagger painted with this Scarlet letter?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home