Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Allen vs. Farrow, Stones related
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:14

Finished the four part HBO series on Woody Allen versus Mia Farrow. It appears he did molest their seven year old daughter. I can't watch his films now without his abhorrent behavior coloring my perception of him, and his work. Some of his work reveals his predilection for underage girls, not necessarily children. As often occurs with rich, privileged, celebrities, Allen got away with it, and no charges were ever filed, though the prosecutor found 'probable cause', but didn't want to put the child through more trauma.

On the subject of underage girls, Jimmy Page, Bowie, Mick and Bill, Elvis, Ted Nugent, and others, are all guilty of statutory rape. They all had affairs, or just sex, with girls under the legal age. Is it no hanging matter? No capital crime? Or just more entitled celebrities getting away with rape? And does it color your enjoyment of their music, or do you just accept that their creeps? Poor Gary Glitter.

Re: Allen vs. Farrow, Stones related
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:28

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 10:02 by Rockman.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:37

I can seperate the artist from the person, I can even still listen to George Michael

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:38

We’ve discussed this before. I’m of the opinion that it’s the knowing that claws at one’s sense of inherent right and wrong. Bill Wyman and Jimmy Page knew the age(s) of the minors they engaged sexually with: Mandy Smith and Lori Maddox respectively. I suspect many of them had sex unknowingly with minors. It’s still very uncomfortable to think about, however.

Gary Glitter was a fully-blown, participating pedophile. He ended-up in Cambodia for a reason.

Date: March 15, 2021 22:50

NilsHolgersson
I can seperate the artist from the person, I can even still listen to George Michael

Well, I think George Michael’s exploits are pretty PC in comparison to a few others! You are right, however: I, too, tend to separate the artist and their craft from the person as an individual.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 16, 2021 00:13

How is this Stones related? It is your opinion of what happened with Mick.Where in this Allen documentary do they discuss Mick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 00:22 by Taylor1.

Date: March 16, 2021 00:22

Taylor1
How is this Stones related? It is your opinion of what happened with Mick

Lori Maddox claimed Jagger had sex with her when she was 17 and they did coke all night. (Both are illegal. And it's illegal to give narcotics to someone).

Date: March 16, 2021 00:22

NilsHolgersson

What terrible thing(s) did George Michael do a non-consenting minor?

Date: March 16, 2021 00:26

Taylor1
How is this Stones related? It is your opinion of what happened with Mick.Where in this Allen documentary do they discuss Mick?

Because both Mick, and Bill, had sex with underage girls. You can disagree with it, but legally it's still rape. You may have a legal age of 16 in Kentucky, and Britain, but in most of the United States it's 18. And Bill even dipped below the U.K. line. In fact he could still be prosecuted.

Date: March 16, 2021 01:05

24FPS
Taylor1

Lori Maddox claimed Jagger had sex with her when she was 17 and they did coke all night. (Both are illegal. And it's illegal to give narcotics to someone).
How do you know she is telling the truth.Plus you don’t know the law.In New York ,for example,a17 year old girl can consent to sex.In some southern US states,a 15 year old can get married without parental Consent.All woman have the right to be heard but not necessarily believed.Again,where is Mick mentioned I this Allen documentary? if not your topic should be posted as OT

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2021 01:05

24FPS
Taylor1

Was this mentioned in the series?
If not, this is no more Stones related than a series about people who live in a house or own a car.

IE- It's not.

Date: March 16, 2021 01:07

The legal age for Lori Maddox to have consented with Jagger was17 .He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.Please don’t accuse Mick of crime ,okay?Thats serious shitespecially without any corroboration of her story

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 01:10 by Taylor1.

Date: March 16, 2021 01:57

Taylor1
The legal age for Lori Maddox to have consented with Jagger was17 .He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.Please don’t accuse Mick of crime ,okay?Thats serious shitespecially without any corroboration of her story

How do you know it was legal for her to have sex with Jagger at 17? Are you familiar with California legal ages in the 70s? Do you know what you're talking about?

Date: March 16, 2021 01:59

Taylor1

It's on topic, considering it's about underage sex with celebrities. That subject concerns two known Stones, Mick Jagger, allegedly, and Bill Wyman with 14 year-old Bill Wyman.

Date: March 16, 2021 02:05

You don’t know the law apparently.So don’t accuse Mick of a crime,okay?

Date: March 16, 2021 02:09

You don’t know the law apparently.So don’t accuse Mick of a crime,okay?Every woman deserved to be heard,not necessarily believed

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 16, 2021 03:17

I haven't watched a Woody Allen movie in 30 years, when his actions with Soon-Yi became public.
She was a high schooler and the adopted daughter of his partner. He was in his 50s. Spells creep to me.
His movies are equally creepy once you know what he's about.
Jagger never did anything remotely as @#$%&-up as that.
What Bill did was wrong, but I'd call it pathetic more than anything else. Maybe if Bill was the leader of the band or something I'd let it affect my appreciation for the music. At least we know the other members of the band were appalled by his wedding.

Date: March 16, 2021 03:38

Taylor1
You don’t know the law apparently.So don’t accuse Mick of a crime,okay?

You don't know to spell, or punctuate, so don't tell other people what they do and do not know.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2021 03:46

24FPS
Taylor1

It's on topic, considering it's about underage sex with celebrities. That subject concerns two known Stones, Mick Jagger, allegedly, and Bill Wyman with 14 year-old Bill Wyman.

Off topic AF and offensive (as well as potentially libelous) to infer otherwise.
Allen is being accused of more than sex with a minor obviously.
He's being accused of that and of being a pedophile.

If a tv show and the topic trigger you personally, I would suggest dealing with your issues in a more suitable forum.

Date: March 16, 2021 03:58

MisterDDDD
24FPS
Taylor1

Off topic AF and offensive (as well as potentially libelous) to infer otherwise.
Allen is being accused of more than sex with a minor obviously.
He's being accused of that and of being a pedophile.

If a tv show and the topic trigger you personally, I would suggest dealing with your issues in a more suitable forum.

Please blow it out your colon, you pompous twit. The subject is sex with a minor. Yes, Allen's was much more egregious, but they're all sex crimes. And what is libelous about the truth? Do you comprehend the term? It is a known fact that Bill Wyman had sex with an underage girl. He married her, later. Lori Maddox alleges Mick Jagger had sex with her with she was underage. I didn't make the accusation.

And if hearing derogatory, adult comments about your fave rock stars, triggers you, I would suggest you read back issues of Tiger Beat magazine. That seems to be your suitable forum.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:05

Big Al
We’ve discussed this before. I’m of the opinion that it’s the knowing that claws at one’s sense of inherent right and wrong. Bill Wyman and Jimmy Page knew the age(s) of the minors they engaged sexually with: Mandy Smith and Lori Maddox respectively. I suspect many of them had sex unknowingly with minors. It’s still very uncomfortable to think about, however.

Gary Glitter was a fully-blown, participating pedophile. He ended-up in Cambodia for a reason.

And there was also Mick with an underaged Rae Dawn Chong who was only 15 in 1976....

Rae Dawn Chong

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:19

It's called being a rock star, the laws don't apply to them like they do to us regular peasants

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:24

Hairball
Rae Dawn Chong

"Chong — the now-58-year-old grandmother and daughter of Cheech & Chong's Tommy Chong — ..."

She is Tommy Chong's grandmother and daughter at the same time? Now that sounds like a really sophisticated family structure ...

Apart from that, I guess there's quite a number of rock musicians from the 60s and 70s (and likely also later) who had an encounter with an underage female (or male) back then that would get them into trouble had it happened round 2020. Also, the legal age differed from country to country (and in the US perhaps even from state to state), quite likely still does today.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:52

doitywoik
Hairball
Rae Dawn Chong

"Chong — the now-58-year-old grandmother and daughter of Cheech & Chong's Tommy Chong — ..."

She is Tommy Chong's grandmother and daughter at the same time? Now that sounds like a really sophisticated family structure ...

Haha...imagine that....grinning smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 16, 2021 05:02

The Woody Allen situation is very sad because one side is lying and has been for 30 years and its sad for everyone involved. Its sad for Dylan regardless, because either it happened which is abhorrent or it didn't and I feel horrible that she's been brainwashed all these years. But its sad for Woody if its not true and its sad for Mia if it is true. The documentary didn't make me feel any different, mainly because it was supposed to be Dylan's story. There's some compelling things on both sides, but I mainly just believe he didn't do it because he adopted kids after and needed to be investigated then too. And I just don't see how so many investigations and you find nothing to stop that. I get that Hollywood is corrupt, but I do feel they'd have found something there. Also, Hollywood are @#$%& idiots, because there's a video from 2018 of every single person that later calls him out giving him a standing ovation and dying laughing so for people like Reese Witherspoon to say now "I believe Dylan", no you don't, you just think its fashionable. We all knew what happened then and either you believe it or not.

As for rock stars, you wouldn't be able to listen to anyone if you stuck to a moral compass. There's right and wrong and there's legal and illegal. What Gary Glitter did was wrong. Guys from Led Zeppelin and the Stones having underage sex with willing groupies... yeah, its not the best but yknow, fame. Not really much else to say I feel like. Hell Pete Townshend may be guilty but I like listening to the Who. Regardless of anyone who gets accused of anything, it usually doesn't taint their art to me. Maybe thats wrong of me, but I can still watch a Woody Allen movie, I can still listen and marvel at Jim Gordon's drumming even though he killed his mother. I fully separate the two, but sure I'd think twice about promoting it if I were making a documentary or something. At the end of the day, its what you can accept. Everyone is pretty bad a lot of the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 05:04 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: March 16, 2021 06:02

Taylor1
That subject concerns two known Stones, Mick Jagger, allegedly, and Bill Wyman with 14 year-old Bill Wyman.

But how old was the first Bill Wyman?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 06:03 by cyclist.

Date: March 16, 2021 07:27

cyclist
Taylor1
That subject concerns two known Stones, Mick Jagger, allegedly, and Bill Wyman with 14 year-old Bill Wyman.

But how old was the first Bill Wyman?

smileys with beer

Date: March 16, 2021 09:06

Whilst the age of consent differs globally, I think the point is this: sexual activity between an adult and a child is abhorrent. Whether the legal age is 16, or 17, is not something I’m considering in this thread: how about those minors who were barely teenage? That’s the real crime, in my opinion. Sadly, it’s what Wyman is guilty off. Jagger sleeping with Maddox whilst she was 17 isn’t such a crime, I think. She was of the legal age - not everywhere, evidently - and was surely sexually knowing. Was it appropriate? No, probably not. The criminals are Wyman, Glitter and Page. It was their collective knowing. Page went to lengths to hide his encounters with Maddox, whilst Bill, well, he was sleeping with a child, for Christ’s sake.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 16, 2021 09:53

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

A cursory look at Lori Mattix’s wikipedia page shows her recollections to be as glaringly inaccurate as this poorly conceived thread.

Date: March 16, 2021 11:56

Don’t bring up Wyman to me.And he wound up marrying her.I was only talking about your flippant accusation againstJaggerYou are just trying to evade the issue.You accused Jagger of a crime. it is not a crime for a man to have sex in New York with a 17 year old .And their is no proof Jagger slept with this Maddox woman whoever she is. Okay, if you are so concerned about Jagger has committed a crime for which he can go to jail , why not complain to the Police about the ,although the statute of limitations may have run out.Or ask the Queen to take back his knighthood . This is serious stuff you are accusing him of .Do you really want the Woke folk to come after him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 12:12 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home