Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More amazing (unseen?) footage! The Stones live in Paris, 1970.
Date: March 15, 2021 16:13

Same user who posted the Pittsburgh 72 footage has posted this.
Jumping Jack Flash and Roll Over Betthoven live in Paris in 1970.
Awesome footage:

[youtu.be]

Re: More amazing (unseen?) footage! The Stones live in Paris, 1970.
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 15, 2021 16:36

Wow thats cool!! Would be awesome to have this show with excellent sound.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2021 16:45

S.T.P

Would be awesome to have this show with excellent sound.

Sound of Paris 1970 - [www.jpc.de] .

Date: March 15, 2021 17:15

Irix
S.T.P

Would be awesome to have this show with excellent sound.

Sound of Paris 1970 - [www.jpc.de] .

Thanks a lot! Is the sound better than usual boots?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 15, 2021 17:28

crazy - the first time we see mick and keith sharing a mic? and how cool keith sang back up on JJF to get that Ya Yas sound smiling smiley

Date: March 15, 2021 18:13

hbwriter
crazy - the first time we see mick and keith sharing a mic? and how cool keith sang back up on JJF to get that Ya Yas sound smiling smiley

Good point and I think that 69/70 was the only time Keith sang backing vocals on Jumping Jack Flash, apart from the studio version of course.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 15, 2021 19:33

They mustn't have anything in the vault to release from this tour (audio or video). The forgotten tour.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 15, 2021 19:37

hbwriter

Indeed! The way sings/shouts high that ...RIIIIGHT with his still then bright voice... fits so well, just beautiful...

And by the way: Nice to hear of you again, hbwriter!thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-15 19:39 by Doxa.

Date: March 15, 2021 19:40

Paul Kersey
They mustn't have anything in the vault to release from this tour (audio or video). The forgotten tour.

Yes, and that could be said about the winther tour '73 too!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 15, 2021 19:45

good to be back smiling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 15, 2021 21:24

Paul Kersey

The forgotten tour? You're kidding me.
This Paris footage reminds me so much of the October 9 concert only two weeks later in Amsterdam. Anyone who saw them during that 1970 tour will have it all still fresh in his/her memory. The live images are 1970 images so it would be a very difficult job to make something worth putting on a digital carrier. But technology improves all the time, so maybe one day ...
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: March 15, 2021 21:30

Even though the sound isn’t exactly perfect, to my ears that is the best live performance of Jumpin’ Jack Flash I’ve heard.

On Ya-Ya’s it’s pretty flat and other times it’s dragged-out stadium rock.

They spat out fire here. Thank you for posting, Memo From Tina Turner.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: March 15, 2021 21:58

Fantastic!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:16

Nice, nice, nice. Again, for the umpteenth time, they need to collect the odds and ends from the glory years and assemble them in some kind of package. Led Zeppelin did it and it's great.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 15, 2021 22:35

georgie48
Paul Kersey

The forgotten tour? You're kidding me.
This Paris footage reminds me so much of the October 9 concert only two weeks later in Amsterdam. Anyone who saw them during that 1970 tour will have it all still fresh in his/her memory. The live images are 1970 images so it would be a very difficult job to make something worth putting on a digital carrier. But technology improves all the time, so maybe one day ...
smileys with beer

Forgotten by the Stones. I'd be happy with an audio release. We live in hope.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: March 15, 2021 23:20

Fantastic! Stu Over Beethoven.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 16, 2021 00:02

Wow. My dad was there.

Apparently he dosent remember much of the show, but he remembers well the riot outside.

Date: March 16, 2021 00:13

SonofHarlemShuffler
Even though the sound isn’t exactly perfect, to my ears that is the best live performance of Jumpin’ Jack Flash I’ve heard.

I agree and Keith's guitar tone is perfect. Raw and crunchy. Kinda reminds me of his tone on Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

Date: March 16, 2021 00:21

Thank you very much, this is big fun!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 16, 2021 00:28

Memo From Tina Turner
hbwriter

Good point and I think that 69/70 was the only time Keith sang backing vocals on Jumping Jack Flash, apart from the studio version of course.

Keith and Ron sang back up vocals in 81/82, but that was a different arrangement smiling smiley

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: March 16, 2021 07:10

This one is in sync -
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 16, 2021 14:49

DandelionPowderman
Memo From Tina Turner
hbwriter

Keith and Ron sang back up vocals in 81/82, but that was a different arrangement smiling smiley

Haha, that truely was a 'different arrangement'! I recall first witnessing that in LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER movie, and how cool it was... I recall thinking 'those dudes ain't doing no any sweet Beatles harmony...' Now to think of it, probably that was the last trait of 'punk era' attitude that was cleaned out later... They haven't let Ronnie near microphone ever since, have they?

- Doxa

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 16, 2021 14:52

Memo From Tina Turner
SonofHarlemShuffler

I agree and Keith's guitar tone is perfect. Raw and crunchy. Kinda reminds me of his tone on Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

It likely is the same guitar.

Mathijs

Date: March 16, 2021 15:09

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Memo From Tina Turner
hbwriter

Haha, that truely was a 'different arrangement'! I recall first witnessing that in LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER movie, and how cool it was... I recall thinking 'those dudes ain't doing no any sweet Beatles harmony...' Now to think of it, probably that was the last trait of 'punk era' attitude that was cleaned out later... They haven't let Ronnie near microphone ever since, have they?

- Doxa

True, although Ronnie tried (during Keith's set) to talk into the mic in Stockholm 2003. He said something unintelligible, like "we're all allowed a bump in the road", hinting about a car crash on the way to Stockholm Stadium.

Keith was taken aback, and took over communication with the audience instantly: "Let me know if you wanna say something more, Ronnie".

A priceless moment grinning smiley

Ronnie might have shared the mic with Mick on Star Star in the 2000s, but I'm not sure smiling smiley

Date: March 16, 2021 15:52

It's a helluva version of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" indeed - just to the point, no bullshitting. Like a perfect model or blueprint for any of its live versions ever since (and since it was already played in American Tour 1969 this version feels like a tested, final product: 'yes, it goes exactly like this'). One of the best versions - if not the best - for sure. Yeah, with that tone the riff is such a sledgehammer, and I think Keith has never played it so efficiently as he did it during 1969/70 when he proudly introduced it live, knowing he has a true killer in his hands. The tone, the timing, the edge... all of it it sounds so bluesy and organic... what an attack! Rock's greatest riff? And then we have the other majestic parts of it - the more chordial ones, including the solo and outro parts - which never have sounded better, including YA-YA'S - me thinks - like they do in this version! Extra kudos to Taylor as well; he has a clear second fiddle role there, but he supports Keith and song perfectly.

I need to make a confession that I initially went crazy for "Flash" due to 'hard rock' YA-YA'S version, and it took me some time to really appreciate the more 'psychedelic' sounding studio version as much. That's why I guess I still have a soft spot for hearing/seeing a 'new' version so close to YA'YA'S - and being even better due to Keith's guitar sound!

- Doxa

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 17, 2021 15:06

Apart from the studio recording which I have always loved, the live versions from the 69-70 tours were my always my favorites. I have felt since then that the tempo got speeded up too much. This awesome Paris 1970 video is a great rendition.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: March 18, 2021 03:27

The audio is NOT Paris. It's Berlin 9/16/70. Assuming the video is from Paris, that's why it doesn't quite sync.

Regardless, great job. The Stones were at one of their performing peaks in 1970 and this is a pleasure to watch.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 16:52

Realy great!! Thanks for the efforts and posting it!
I was 7 years old, when this happened...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2178
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home