Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: "Infamy" live at Delta Center (2005) PRO-SHOT. Pretty cool!!
Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: July 17, 2021 16:25

TURB0
I think the problem is that he mistakenly starts playing the solo for Slipping Away, which was the other song he played that night. Woody’s visible bemusement when Keith starts soloing is pretty funny and sort of confirms this. Also, I think he might have flipped the order of the two songs in the set because he plays Infamy with the guitar usually used for Slipping Away. Maybe that’s what unconsciously nudged him to start playing the Slipping Away solo. It’s a nice gig but Keith is a bit unfocused here and there. smiling smiley

Slipping away is in the same key as Infamy so i don't think that is the case here. If he would have played the solo from slippin away on Infamy it actually had worked much better.

Date: July 17, 2021 17:49

worst version i've heard of the song

solo and horns playing slipping away ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-17 17:50 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 17, 2021 20:28

I feel sorry for the horns and back up singers that have to rehearse stuff like this.Lisa looking at Bernard, shaking her head.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 17, 2021 22:09

This song never did it for me.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 17, 2021 22:48

Horrible tune. Even worse than Back to Zero

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 17, 2021 23:32

Saw it again. It has a sloppy start. It kind of grows on you. It's a continuing groove. That is what it is. Not so much a song. The solos spoils it though. Keith tries to adjust the tone after the first, horrible, solo.
It would have fitted right in with a "Sopranos" episode though. It has that dark groove.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 18, 2021 07:50

And this version is substantially better than the meandering mess it was on opening night in Fenway.

Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach
Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 19, 2021 00:52

Just watched the Salt Lake City dvd.

Fun show, Rain Fell Down was a mess. Satisfaction was great and aggressive here. Nigh Time is the Righ Time was a highligth.

BTW. I like Infamy

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 20, 2021 02:31

Irix
Japanese Deluxe-Edition, 2BR+1DVD+2CD:

[Twitter.com] , Large picture

Is anybody able to share the new version of Rio Documentary?

Also i want to share this unboxing video (for spanish speakers)

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 15:58

It is possible to know if there will be another concert with all the formats that is a wonderful one that if a little expensive if you buy 10 formats before the end of the year AHH are the stones

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 25, 2021 01:22

Are those of you in the US receiving these from UK yet?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2021 01:43

Topi
This song never did it for me.

are you saying it doesn't move you anymore?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2021 01:51

Slipping Away was the last great Stones song, in that it ended the Wyman Era. Slipping Away sounds like it's the end of the group. In a way it was.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 25, 2021 18:36

24FPS
Slipping Away was the last great Stones song, in that it ended the Wyman Era. Slipping Away sounds like it's the end of the group. In a way it was.

Yeah, it feels a bit like The Long And Winding Road, not the last song on Let It Be, but on 1967-1970. It evokes the same kind of sentimentality - the sense of something coming to an end.

Well, in the case of the Stones it was just an end to a chapter, but what a chapter that was - creatively, they were never the same after Steel Wheels (which is not their best album by any stretch of the imagination, but could have been a fitting finale, just like Let It Be was for the Beatles).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 18:37 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 25, 2021 21:39

retired_dog
24FPS

Yeah, it feels a bit like The Long And Winding Road, not the last song on Let It Be, but on 1967-1970. It evokes the same kind of sentimentality - the sense of something coming to an end.

Well, in the case of the Stones it was just an end to a chapter, but what a chapter that was - creatively, they were never the same after Steel Wheels (which is not their best album by any stretch of the imagination, but could have been a fitting finale, just like Let It Be was for the Beatles).
In my opinion Voodoo Lounge is much better than SW, indeed perhaps one of the best works in general.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 26, 2021 09:57

I've watched Rio last night and enjoyed it a lot, Mick Jaggers performance is stellar. I also liked it that the cameras main focus was on the core band, not the additional musicians on stage. This provided a lot of different shots than usual, when you know almost all the cues/angles for the cams for certain songs. That made for a pleasant viewing.
The sound? Maybe a bit muffled - but I am over 50 years old now, my ears are "muffled", too. Didn't take away from the overall enjoyment.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 26, 2021 10:15

Testify
retired_dog
24FPS

In my opinion Voodoo Lounge is much better than SW, indeed perhaps one of the best works in general.
And in my opinion Bridges to Babylon is much better than VL. While VL feels quite retrospective song and production-wise B2B feels like a fresh, contemporary 1997 album of the Stones. Which makes it much more original. Saint of Me, Out of control, anybody seen my baby, Flip the switch. All great songs

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 26, 2021 10:52

StonedRambler

And in my opinion Bridges to Babylon is much better than VL. While VL feels quite retrospective song and production-wise B2B feels like a fresh, contemporary 1997 album of the Stones. Which makes it much more original. Saint of Me, Out of control, anybody seen my baby, Flip the switch. All great songs

An album with Keith Richards as lead vocals on 3 songs can't be a good Rolling Stones Album.
That almost means that with this album there were also problems between the gentlemen Jagger/Richards. The same as with Dirty work, no collaboration.
This (B2cool smiley is pretty much a solo album with Keith as lead vocal on three songs.
The Rolling Stones is Mick Jagger 90% lead vocals and 10% Keith Richards.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 26, 2021 13:49

UrbanSteel
An album with Keith Richards as lead vocals on 3 songs can't be a good Rolling Stones Album.
Read 'Life'. They didn't put Thief In The Night on it because they needed to. They would have been 12 songs without it. They simply put it on the album because all except Mick thought the song was just too good to throw it away. So Keith and Don made it a medley with "How can I stop" last minute as it was a compromise that Mick was okay with.

As for the Mick and Keith songwriting brotherhood - while they wrote many great songs together they wrote just as many great songs seperated. Brown Sugar, You can't always get what you want, Moonlight Mile, Sway, - they were all written by Mick alone. So that is not a valid argument why a Stones album is not good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 13:56 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 26, 2021 14:26

StonedRambler
UrbanSteel
Read 'Life'. They didn't put Thief In The Night on it because they needed to. They would have been 12 songs without it. They simply put it on the album because all except Mick thought the song was just too good to throw it away. So Keith and Don made it a medley with "How can I stop" last minute as it was a compromise that Mick was okay with.

As for the Mick and Keith songwriting brotherhood - while they wrote many great songs together they wrote just as many great songs seperated. Brown Sugar, You can't always get what you want, Moonlight Mile, Sway, - they were all written by Mick alone. So that is not a valid argument why a Stones album is not good.

No three lead vocals fore Keith, he has always a bigh mouth with his this is a guitar band quote.
Mick Jagger is de vocalist nobody else.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 28, 2021 01:35

Wow....see there's not much interest in this one...been waiting on mine for over 2 weeks from universal cross the pond even though I ordered as soon as it became available...hey, let's blame it on covid why the hell not, everybody else does. What a joke.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 01:38 by shadooby.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 28, 2021 02:28

shadooby
Are those of you in the US receiving these from UK yet?
Yes I’m still waiting. I sent an email and was told that I should receive it sometime at the beginning of August

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 29, 2021 04:00

24FPS

Slipping Away from Salt Lake City really rules!! its a great performance, in fact, all set its great, i enjoyed a lot more thank Copacabana, that i´ve been watching since Biggest Bang 4 dvds was released...

Salt Lake could be a great dvd/ bluray if they consider to sell apart.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 30, 2021 18:37

will it be the last or there will be more concerts with more formats

Re: Forthcoming release of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: July 30, 2021 22:40

Ok come on chaps,can anyone give a straight answer here. Is this worth buying. ? Is it in 4.3 or the other one 16. Something or other. This is not rocket science here, its a bloody yes or a bloody no.. easy.. Or have ya all lost the plot, unlike your fearless second in command Rockman... ( yes i thought i was banished, hey apparently not so hey hey).. 06230.... good to be Anywhere...

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: July 30, 2021 23:02

I bought it and enjoyed it. But I buy all the releases. Man Ronnie was a tad wasted for this show. Keith had to carry the show.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:25

unlike your fearless second in command Rockman...

HHHHaaaaaaaaaaHuhhhhhaaa
Imagine the place if BV handed me the reins ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 31, 2021 02:58

Ok come on chaps,can anyone give a straight answer here. Is this worth buying. ? Is it in 4.3 or the other one 16. Something or other. This is not rocket science here, its a bloody yes or a bloody no.. easy.. Or have ya all lost the plot, unlike your fearless second in command Rockman... ( yes i thought i was banished, hey apparently not so hey hey).. 06230.... good to be Anywhere...

Yes, No, Maybe...

Can you repeat the question?

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 31, 2021 16:41

Rockman
unlike your fearless second in command Rockman...

HHHHaaaaaaaaaaHuhhhhhaaa
Imagine the place if BV handed me the reins ....

Come on...you're certainly the "Keef" to BV's "Mick".

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 31, 2021 21:51

next?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home