Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19
Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 9, 2021 23:03

I ordered mine from Amazon a week ago and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Posted by: Boarder ()
Date: July 9, 2021 23:15

hockenheim95
Boarder
Mabru
my local record store already recieved the Copacabana box and picked up my copy.
I know what i´m gonna do tonight

Thanks! Is the video of Salt Lake City on bluray in HD or SD?

SD

Thanks!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 9, 2021 23:15

I'd like to say once again (after playing more Utah tracks) this is a great release just for this one. Keith's guitar has that crunchy nasty sound I like so much. I don't think it's been captured quite this well on any other release to memory.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 9, 2021 23:33

Any thoughts on the sound quality of the vinyl set?

Date: July 9, 2021 23:38

UNBOXED: The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live on Copacabana Beach

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 9, 2021 23:40

JohnnyBGoode
Midnight Rambler
[www.youtube.com]

Got my copy of the deluxe package just today. Haven't seen/heard it yet. (But I will! grinning smiley )

Saw the above YT video. OMG, what's that sound? Where's the guitars?? Do you also miss them?

Ok, that's YT and it's compressed as hell, but I hope, the DVD sound is much better...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 10, 2021 00:01

waterrats
JohnnyBGoode
Midnight Rambler
[www.youtube.com]

Got my copy of the deluxe package just today. Haven't seen/heard it yet. (But I will! grinning smiley )

Saw the above YT video. OMG, what's that sound? Where's the guitars?? Do you also miss them?

Ok, that's YT and it's compressed as hell, but I hope, the DVD sound is much better...
Has nothing to do with the format or the mpeg compression. The mix is just sounds like sh*t. The whole Album on Spotify sounds like that.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 05:30

How is it possible for a show from 2006 to sound so bad? I bet there is bootleg versions out there that sound better. Aside from Ladies and Gentlemen, this is about as bad as you get sound wise.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: July 10, 2021 10:28

Watched Salt lake city yesterday, it was good, the picture is good much better than Rio and the sound is, as said earlier, great!

But i think there is nothing special about this gig but it is quite good.
Some highlights for me;
Slippin' Away was fantastic, the best version thats have been officially released in my opinion.
The performance of Infamy was also really good even though I think Keith play solo in the wrong key and I don't like the song very much.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 10:41

Download from Apple Music sounds good and guitars are rather up-front, only it seems a little bit speeded up. According to Apple Music the show lenght is 1:54, but I'm not able to compare it to another source.
Not that bad, in all,
bye Luca

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 10, 2021 10:47

TumblinDice76
How is it possible for a show from 2006 to sound so bad? I bet there is bootleg versions out there that sound better. Aside from Ladies and Gentlemen, this is about as bad as you get sound wise.

How is it possible that always the same bullsh.t is posted here when a new release comes out?

Date: July 10, 2021 12:04

wiredallnight
TumblinDice76

How is it possible that always the same bullsh.t is posted here when a new release comes out?
Bullshi*t? Do you have ears? If yes I would go and check your hearing. This mix is just bad.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 12:22

StonedRambler
wiredallnight
TumblinDice76

Bullshi*t? Do you have ears? If yes I would go and check your hearing. This mix is just bad.

Just compare Rio with Salt Lake City. That's a different band playing

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 14:28

I've never complained about the sound of a release before. (Besides L&G) so back up a bit. Some of the recent releases have had odd mixes where the guitars are buried and the keyboarda are up front.That being said, They still sound good, just with a weird mix. This one actually sounds bad. It's flat as can be and is slightly better than L&G. That said, Mick feeds off the large crowd and has a ton of energy in his voice.But for the Wiredallnights of the world, you may want to actually listen to this release before you post. Most bootlegs sound better than this one.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 10, 2021 16:56

I've the deluxe version.
Looking forward to salt lake city, tonight.
I listened to Copacabana in MQA on Tidal last night.
It could be my Bose headphones, or the MQA but it sounds better than I thought it would be.

Date: July 10, 2021 21:58

The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang - Live On Copacabana Beach | Limited Edition Vinyl Unboxing

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 23:15

Vinyl sounds good. Any other thoughts by anyone who has the vinyl?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: July 11, 2021 13:32

wiredallnight
TumblinDice76

My ears are FINE and the mix is fine too. The sound is fine, the mastering is fine and the all round quality of the audio is - yes you guessed it - fine.

I agree with my colleague who posted the comment immediately above. Any new release and it's always the same old, same old, all over again. This is wrong, that is wrong, the other is wrong. In fact everything is considered to be wrong. Flaming 'eck, give us a break. Please!

No wonder the band are so cautious, or slow, or whatever word you want to apply to it, about releasing a new album. Who on earth would want to be standing under a torrent of criticism about everything related to it? The music, the mix, the quality of the writing and playing, the length of time it has taken to release it, etc, etc, etc...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 11, 2021 14:00

I think the Rio sound isn't that bad,but Salt Lake City sound is simply better.
The release with truly horrible sound is this Voodoo Lounge Uncut Miami '94 show...

Date: July 11, 2021 15:02

Hello, where can I get copy of salt lake city show? only special editions? thank you

Date: July 11, 2021 15:36

GerardHennessy
My ears are FINE and the mix is fine too. The sound is fine, the mastering is fine and the all round quality of the audio is - yes you guessed it - fine.

It sounds totally muffled and if I take a look at the frequency spectrum it confirms it: There's not much above 10k. With Voodoo Lounge Uncut it's the same. Every other recent release is fine from a technical stand point (if people find the guitars to quiet that's more about taste) but it's a FACT that on these two the high frequencies are cut off - you can see it with any frequency spectrum analyzer.

If you don't hear that it probably means a lot of the high frequencies are not audible for you anymore. No reason to bash the people who hear it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-11 15:37 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 11, 2021 16:40

RollingTbilisiStones

Hello, where can I get copy of salt lake city show? only special editions?

It's only in the Deluxe-Edition 2BR+2CD or 2DVD+2CD - [iorr.org] . And Salt Lake City is also only on BR/DVD (no Audio-CDs or LPs).

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 11, 2021 17:46

The sound of Copacabana is indeed subpar, and the comment about the frequency spectrum is correct. I'm not an audiologist myself but I do understand and agree that sound deteriorates when it's below 15k. Even with a pretty bad case of tinnitus I can hear this. I would also agree with the notion that some people can't be satisfied with anything, so it seems. Myself, a chronic setlist whiner realizes too much complaining. But sometimes it's justified, like right here. This recording was made in 2006 and considering it's The Stones I would think they use the best technology and equipment for everything. I can't help thinking about Ya-Ya's or Deep Purple's Made In Japan and how excellent the sound is. That's around 40 years ago. What happened here? That said, Salt Lake City is great and I believe they added this to compensate for the main title. Or maybe a different reason?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 11, 2021 18:09

Wow, Copa sounds bad, like a bootleg recording or something, like somebody recorded it with a mobile phone

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 11, 2021 20:14

NilsHolgersson
Wow, Copa sounds bad, like a bootleg recording or something, like somebody recorded it with a mobile phone

They took it from "Absolutely Mindblowing" (DAC-048).

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 11, 2021 20:20

wiredallnight

They took it from "Absolutely Mindblowing" (DAC-048).

Or from the 2006 Internet Live-Stream .... winking smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: July 11, 2021 21:52

StonedRambler
GerardHennessy

It sounds totally muffled and if I take a look at the frequency spectrum it confirms it: There's not much above 10k. With Voodoo Lounge Uncut it's the same. Every other recent release is fine from a technical stand point (if people find the guitars to quiet that's more about taste) but it's a FACT that on these two the high frequencies are cut off - you can see it with any frequency spectrum analyzer.

If you don't hear that it probably means a lot of the high frequencies are not audible for you anymore. No reason to bash the people who hear it.

When I buy an album I listen to the MUSIC mate. I don't analyse the sound through a frequency spectrum doo-dah thingy. Good God with this kind of audiophile fanaticism I'm glad I don't play music any longer. I can just see a room full of people analysing the audio quality with a lot of hand held kit. Not that I'm any good musically, but at least it was the musical content people used to come to hear, not obsess about the sound spectrum readings.

And by the way, when I say my ears are fine, that is based on medical evidence. My work requires me to have a hearing test every year. I might be getting on age-wise but the old hearing is still 100%. Oh yes, I still say the sound on this album is fine. Not the greatest album The Stones have ever released, but that is down to the same-old, same-old set list. Apart from a couple of tracks we have all heard them a hundred (million?) times before....

Now that I think of it, maybe that is why some many people are so interested in analysing the sound quality? If there was a decent amount of previously unplayed, or only rarely played, material in the set list more people might actually focus on the music and forget about analysing the sound spectrum...

Date: July 11, 2021 22:19

GerardHennessy
StonedRambler
GerardHennessy

When I buy an album I listen to the MUSIC mate. I don't analyse the sound through a frequency spectrum doo-dah thingy. Good God with this kind of audiophile fanaticism I'm glad I don't play music any longer. I can just see a room full of people analysing the audio quality with a lot of hand held kit. Not that I'm any good musically, but at least it was the musical content people used to come to hear, not obsess about the sound spectrum readings.

And by the way, when I say my ears are fine, that is based on medical evidence. My work requires me to have a hearing test every year. I might be getting on age-wise but the old hearing is still 100%. Oh yes, I still say the sound on this album is fine. Not the greatest album The Stones have ever released, but that is down to the same-old, same-old set list. Apart from a couple of tracks we have all heard them a hundred (million?) times before....

Now that I think of it, maybe that is why some many people are so interested in analysing the sound quality? If there was a decent amount of previously unplayed, or only rarely played, material in the set list more people might actually focus on the music and forget about analysing the sound spectrum...

The frequency spectrum only shows that my perception and those of many others here is right. I just used it to prove my point. Good / bad sound is an opinion at first, but it is A FACT that there is not much above 10k.
Of course it bothers me. I still hear up to 16k and to have that huge cut from 10k on just sounds really unnatural. It is not a little thing, is has nothing to do with audiophile at all. I heard it already on the YouTube trailer with 128kbps sound quality. I can hear is with cheap 10€ ear buds. I even hear it on the speakers of my smartphone, it's THAT obvious...

Medical hearing tests only go up to 10k because everything above has no relevance to understanding conversations. So that might explain why you don't hear it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-11 22:20 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 11, 2021 23:45

GerardHennessy
StonedRambler
GerardHennessy

I've no issue with the performance or the set list. My beef is with how poorly mixed this release is. I don't know about you, but the Rolling Stones are a GUITAR band, the ancient form of weaving, as Keith so aptly puts it. The Copa mix has the guitars way too low. I hear Mick singing with Chuck plinking away. On the Salt Lake City show? Guitars up high in the mix, Mick's vocals up there and the background instruments are in the background. I paid $100.00 CAD to purchase this set. It is not unreasonable, in my opinion, to expect a mix that highlights the two guitars. I really rather would have just bought a digital download of SLC but I had to cough up $100.00 to get it. I'm pretty loyal to the band. I buy all the releases as I like owning them. I'm starting to feel a little bit taken advantage of, however, when they "phone in" a mix.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 01:13

Is the Rio documentary in the Japanese deluxe edition the same as the 26:10 one on the Copa DVD in The Biggest Bang?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home