Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19
Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 21, 2021 14:02

Ordered my copy

Posted by: saskiahidde ()
Date: June 22, 2021 16:06

The only exception to my ears was Hampton 1981 and Tokyo 1990. These releases really sound good.

Everything else is a disaster, including the recently released 1989 Atlantic city. Rio 2006 so far (EP) is a huge disappointment (Mick's voice occasionally sounds distorted)

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 22, 2021 16:08

saskiahidde
The only exception to my ears was Hampton 1981 and Tokyo 1990. These releases really sound good.

Everything else is a disaster, including the recently released 1989 Atlantic city. Rio 2006 so far (EP) is a huge disappointment (Mick's voice occasionally sounds distorted)
That's because those two were mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Bob Clearmountain is a genius and his mixed are always great, except when they get destroyed by Stephen Marcussen's overly compressed mastering. Atlantic City was mixed by Sam Wheat, as well as the new Rio release as well as VL Uncut. While I thought Atlantic City was okay, VL Uncut and now Rio are really bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 16:10 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 22, 2021 16:21

RaiseTheKnife
I really want the Salt Lake show, but don't feel like buying the expensive deluxe edition.

Rio 2006 is not one of their best shows, the mix is not an improvement, and the picture quality is not better than on The Biggest Bang.

Wish they'd made Salt Lake the main release instead, with Rio 2006 as a bonus for the deluxe edition.
I don't quite follow what you are saying as I just looked up and compared track lists and to me it seems there is no difference in these 2 sets except for the price . Same exact track listing for both Copa and Salt Lake City CD & DVD . What am I missing ?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 22, 2021 17:48

TheGreek
RaiseTheKnife
I really want the Salt Lake show, but don't feel like buying the expensive deluxe edition.

Rio 2006 is not one of their best shows, the mix is not an improvement, and the picture quality is not better than on The Biggest Bang.

Wish they'd made Salt Lake the main release instead, with Rio 2006 as a bonus for the deluxe edition.
I don't quite follow what you are saying as I just looked up and compared track lists and to me it seems there is no difference in these 2 sets except for the price . Same exact track listing for both Copa and Salt Lake City CD & DVD . What am I missing ?
First of all, the mix of the Salt Lake show is much, much better. Also the arena shows in 2005 were among the best and tightest performances of the tour. Later on the guitar department played a bit messy.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 22, 2021 19:30

TheGreek

4 Tracks are different in the setlist - [iorr.org] .

Copacabana Beach - [iorr.org] :

Oh No Not You Again, Midnight Rambler, This Place Is Empty (Keith), Happy (Keith)

Salt Lake City - [iorr.org] :

She's So Cold, All Down The Line, Slipping Away (Keith), Infamy (Keith)

Date: June 22, 2021 20:13

Irix
TheGreek

4 Tracks are different in the setlist.

Copacabana Beach - [iorr.org] :

Oh No Not You Again, Midnight Rambler, This Place Is Empty (Keith), Happy (Keith)

Salt Lake City - [iorr.org] :

She's So Cold, All Down The Line, Slipping Away (Keith), Infamy (Keith)
Thank You Irix, I miss wrote that . Instead I should have written that both Copa and Salt Lake City were both included on CD and DVD and my question was why the price difference ? I missed something that must be included on the Deluxe edition ? That was my question and Sorry for not being clear on that .

Date: June 22, 2021 21:25

TheGreek

Instead I should have written that both Copa and Salt Lake City were both included on CD and DVD and my question was why the price difference ? I missed something that must be included on the Deluxe edition ?

Salt Lake City is only on DVD/SD-BR, not on CD - Amazon-picture. And Salt Lake City is only contained in the 4-Disc Deluxe-Edition. And the 5-Disc Japanese Deluxe-Edition has an additional DVD with a Rio-Documentary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 21:45 by Irix.

Date: June 22, 2021 21:41

Irix
TheGreek

Instead I should have written that both Copa and Salt Lake City were both included on CD and DVD and my question was why the price difference ? I missed something that must be included on the Deluxe edition ?

Salt Lake City is only on DVD/SD-BR, not on CD - Amazon-picture. And Salt Lake City is only contained in the Deluxe-Edition. And the Japanese Deluxe-Edition has a 3rd DVD with a Documentary.
This is the one I ordered from Walmart [www.walmart.com]

Date: June 22, 2021 21:50

TheGreek

This is the DVD+2CD according to the print on the spine and the Walmart-description. It's the same as on [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: June 23, 2021 12:09

Irix
TheGreek

Salt Lake City is only on DVD/SD-BR, not on CD - Amazon-picture. And Salt Lake City is only contained in the 4-Disc Deluxe-Edition. And the 5-Disc Japanese Deluxe-Edition has an additional DVD with a Rio-Documentary.

Probably the documentary from The biggest bang box set?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 23, 2021 12:59

StonedRambler
TheGreek
RaiseTheKnife

First of all, the mix of the Salt Lake show is much, much better. Also the arena shows in 2005 were among the best and tightest performances of the tour. Later on the guitar department played a bit messy.

I still long for the Melbourne 2006 Arena show, last opening ever with Satisfaction. That will probably never happen again, unfortunately.... The first 8 songs at that show are the PERFECT one setlist wise. Just skip Night Time after Dice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-23 13:05 by MadMax.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 23, 2021 13:06

MadMax
StonedRambler
TheGreek
RaiseTheKnife

I still long for the Melbourne 2006 Arena show, last opening ever with Satisfaction. That will probably never happen again, unfortunately....

I still long for the Enmore Theatre Licks show. No JJF but a hot sweaty Midnight Rambler to start!! And I sat on stage edge for the show.

Rod

Date: June 23, 2021 13:17

IsakSun
Irix
TheGreek

Probably the documentary from The biggest bang box set?
Ok, now that makes sense . Thank You .

Date: June 23, 2021 13:18

Irix
TheGreek

This is the DVD+2CD according to the print on the spine and the Walmart-description. It's the same as on [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .
Track listing for Walmart includes both Copa and Salt Lake City on CD/DVD minus the documentary . Thanks Irix .

Date: June 23, 2021 13:30

Irix
TheGreek

Good Ole Walmart, as we have them on speed dial as we buy so much stuff from them and it is so easy and cheap . I do notice though with different retailers that there can and are differences in products such as deluxe and standard media releases . Target also gets this type of media as well . Got to hand it to the record companies and artists that with a tweak here a different track here you wind up buying multiples of the same product release . The one that comes to mind is the Kissology series , where if you wanted the bonus shows you had to buy from different retailers such if I remember correctly there was a different bonus on the Target release of one of the shows .They get your/our money so easily
.It's all good as it's fun .

Date: June 23, 2021 14:35

TheGreek

Track listing for Walmart includes both Copa and Salt Lake City on CD/DVD minus the documentary .

Where? Link?

If you want Copacabana Beach on DVD and CD as well as Salt Lake City on DVD you need the 4-Disc Deluxe-Edition - [www.Walmart.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] - ($99.98).

Date: June 23, 2021 16:24

Irix
TheGreek

Track listing for Walmart includes both Copa and Salt Lake City on CD/DVD minus the documentary .

Where? Link?

If you want Copacabana Beach on DVD and CD as well as Salt Lake City on DVD you need the 4-Disc Deluxe-Edition - [www.Walmart.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] - ($99.98).
here is the link and if you click track listing it has the info [www.walmart.com]

Date: June 23, 2021 16:35

That's great news, Greek!

Haven't seen both shows on any CD-release before thumbs up

Date: June 23, 2021 16:50

TheGreek

here is the link and if you click track listing it has the info [www.walmart.com]

Thanks for the Track Listing, but there seems to be a mistake - DVD+2CD is Copacabana Beach only. Similar mistake currently with the 4-Disc-Deluxe on [www.jpc.de] - shows 20 Tracks for every Disc.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 23, 2021 16:55

TheGreek
Irix
TheGreek

Where? Link?

I think this is an error.
One CD can accommodate up to 90 min. of music in overburn state (e.q. Some Girls Live In Texas). Standard is 80 min. That is redbook specification. You can not squeeze more than that (unless the files will be codded using different format). Simply technical.
Thus, I do not believe Walmart listing

The same reasons could be applied to DVD (if you want image in reasonable quality).

Date: June 23, 2021 18:53

ironbelly
TheGreek
Irix
TheGreek

Where? Link?

One CD can accommodate up to 90 min. of music in overburn state (e.q. Some Girls Live In Texas). Standard is 80 min. That is redbook specification. You can not squeeze more than that (unless the files will be codded using different format). Simply technical.

The same reasons could be applied to DVD (if you want image in reasonable quality).
I did wonder about that myself . The marketing mystery's continue . I thought maybe that the Salt Lake City could be on the flip side of the DVD of Copa show as I have seen that before ?

Date: June 23, 2021 18:55

DandelionPowderman
That's great news, Greek!

Haven't seen both shows on any CD-release before thumbs up
Me To . As fast as the Stones release them I want them .

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 23, 2021 19:14

TheGreek
ironbelly
TheGreek
Irix
TheGreek

Where? Link?

I did wonder about that myself . The marketing mystery's continue . I thought maybe that the Salt Lake City could be on the flip side of the DVD of Copa show as I have seen that before ?
No way. Two-sided DVD is dead technology. Current double layer DVD has capacity of 8.5 GB. All previous DVDs from Eagle Rock were standard double layer DVDs
Steel Wheels Live - 7.72 GB
Bridges to Buenos Aires - 7.16 GB
Bridges to Bremen - 7.17 GB
So, on one DVD you will get only one concert.

Sure, they can fit two concerts on DVD-DL. But in that case they should degrade the quality of image to fit one concert to one layer 4.7 GB (which I doubt they will do).

Just forget that error in Walmart listing. You will get DVD from Rio + 2CD from Rio.

If you want Salt Lake City - go for Deluxe edition 2DVD+2CD.

Date: June 23, 2021 19:28

ironbelly
TheGreek
ironbelly
TheGreek
Irix
TheGreek

Where? Link?

No way. Two-sided DVD is dead technology. Current double layer DVD has capacity of 8.5 GB. All previous DVDs from Eagle Rock were standard double layer DVDs
Steel Wheels Live - 7.72 GB
Bridges to Buenos Aires - 7.16 GB
Bridges to Bremen - 7.17 GB
So, on one DVD you will get only one concert.

Sure, they can fit two concerts on DVD-DL. But in that case they should degrade the quality of image to fit one concert to one layer 4.7 GB (which I doubt they will do).

Just forget that error in Walmart listing. You will get DVD from Rio + 2CD from Rio.

Many Thanks for clearing this up for me . Thank You Very Kindly !!!!!!!

Date: June 23, 2021 20:00

TheGreek
ironbelly

And the Deluxe-Edition 2DVD+2CD has Salt Lake City not on CD - only on DVD.

Tracklist 2DVD+2CD - according to [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

DVD 1 - Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana Beach:

1. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Wild Horses
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Night Time Is the Right Time
10. This Place Is Empty
11. Happy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

DVD 2 - Salt Lake City:

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rain Fall Down
6. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I Like It)
7. Wild Horses
8. All Down the Line
10. Slipping Away
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

CD 1 - Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana Beach:

1. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Wild Horses
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Midnight Rambler
10. This Place Is Empty
11. Happy

CD 2 - Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana Beach:

1. Miss You
2. Rough Justice
3. Get Off My Cloud
4. Honky Tonk Women
5. Sympathy For The Devil
6. Start Me Up
7. Brown Sugar
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-23 21:20 by Irix.

Date: June 23, 2021 21:17

Irix
TheGreek
ironbelly

And the Deluxe-Edition 2DVD+2CD has Salt Lake City not on CD - only on DVD.

Tracklist 2DVD+2CD - (according to ):

DVD 1 - Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana Beach:

1. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Wild Horses
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Midnight Rambler
10. This Place Is Empty
11. Happy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar

DVD 2 - Salt Lake City:

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rain Fall Down
6. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I Like It)
7. Wild Horses
8. All Down the Line
10. Slipping Away
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

CD 1 - Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana Beach:

1. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Wild Horses
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Midnight Rambler
10. This Place Is Empty
11. Happy

CD 2 - Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana Beach:

1. Miss You
2. Rough Justice
3. Get Off My Cloud
4. Honky Tonk Women
5. Sympathy For The Devil
6. Start Me Up
7. Brown Sugar
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Thank You Kindly for the help Irix

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-23 21:18 by TheGreek.

smiling smileyRe: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach
Date: June 24, 2021 13:41

Ok, I got this fixed and ordered the Deluxe version . I was not paying close enough attention and didn't have my head screwed on . My mistake was not paying close enough attention to the photos in the description as the Deluxe version showed 4 discs and the regular edition showed 3 . So then I was going by the track listing which was identical from the Deluxe edition to the regular edition and I thought the contents were identical and thought there must be more "bonus" features on the Deluxe edition and really all I cared about was having the 2 shows in there entirety on DVD - I was wrong ! and I have to give a BIG THANK YOU to Ironbelly and Irix - Thank You Kindly for saving me ! Walmart as always was very helpful and as it was a pre order I was not charged and it was easy enough to cancel the regular edition and switch to the Deluxe edition . Thank You Irix and Ironbelly

Date: June 24, 2021 17:24

FYI - $15 price drop from $99.98 to now $84.99 for the Deluxe edition at Walmart . I got an E-Mail notification this morning from Walmart about this .

Date: June 24, 2021 17:50

TheGreek

$15 price drop from $99.98 to now $84.99 for the Deluxe edition at Walmart .

Same on [www.Amazon.com] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home