Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 19
Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 29, 2021 00:02

StonedRambler

This time it can't be the source material though since Copacabana was already released with a really good sounding mix by Bob Clearmountain.

Listen for yourself:
The old mix by Bob Clearmountain: [youtu.be]
The new mix by Sam Wheat: [youtu.be]

Anyone who still hears above 10KHz will hear that the new mix has almost no high end information at all.
It's like someone just cut off all the high end. You can barely hear Keith is playing an acoustic guitar since all the high frequencies are gone.
I wonder why the turn off comments for the new version on youtube....

PS. With such attitude from fans they can easily cancel this release winking smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-29 00:03 by ironbelly.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 29, 2021 00:21

I don't want to dislike this or anything else. But seriously why bother if there's no effort to make a quality release. Who's interested in this but people like us? Anyhow, for the first time I might not buy a Stones release. Can't believe I said that.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 29, 2021 00:48

frankotero
I don't want to dislike this or anything else. But seriously why bother if there's no effort to make a quality release. Who's interested in this but people like us? Anyhow, for the first time I might not buy a Stones release. Can't believe I said that.
Well said. I am buying everything they release and I am happy to spend 50€ on a deluxe release like this, no matter how many previous versions I already own. But I also expect to get my money's worth and expect a quality product. I don't get it how a mix like this can pass through any quality control.
Voodoo Lounge Uncut was the first release I passed since the mix was so bad. Now with this one it's the same. Let's hope they just get it some day...

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: May 29, 2021 10:37

Can someone do the alt Lake City cd covers, there are cd photos. blu ray and dvd

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 29, 2021 11:20

mick64

Can someone do the Salt Lake City cd covers, there are cd photos. blu ray and dvd

Salt Lake City is only a plain, additional BR/DVD in the Deluxe-Edition -- large picture , large picture.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 29, 2021 11:48

ironbelly
StonedRambler

This time it can't be the source material though since Copacabana was already released with a really good sounding mix by Bob Clearmountain.

Listen for yourself:
The old mix by Bob Clearmountain: [youtu.be]
The new mix by Sam Wheat: [youtu.be]

Anyone who still hears above 10KHz will hear that the new mix has almost no high end information at all.
It's like someone just cut off all the high end. You can barely hear Keith is playing an acoustic guitar since all the high frequencies are gone.
I wonder why the turn off comments for the new version on youtube....

PS. With such attitude from fans they can easily cancel this release winking smiley.

You can never comment on YouTube Music songs, for example: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 29, 2021 19:52

IsakSun, normally I would agree you but what about this EP in Lossless quality.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: May 29, 2021 22:44

I give up eye rolling smiley

I have Voodoo Lounge Uncut, Talk is Cheap Deluxe, Blue & Lonesome and a few 2009 CDs - all sound like shit.

Nearly all of the Eagle / From the Vault Stuff is compressed.
I don't agree with the sound anymore. Let' s hope for some good tapes fron JEMS smiling bouncing smiley

In contrast the last Led Zeppelin reissues show good / descend sound is possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-29 22:46 by glimmertwin1.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 30, 2021 01:35

glimmertwin1
In contrast the last Led Zeppelin reissues show good / descend sound is possible.
Who cares about the band whose singer is getting on Keith's nerves?

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: May 30, 2021 11:47

ironbelly
glimmertwin1
Who cares about the band whose singer is getting on Keith's nerves?

winking smiley I like IV and Physical Graffiti.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 31, 2021 15:48

Yes, I'm disappointed in the mixes I've heard so far. I've voiced my views on YouTube. Thing is, the bonus tracks releases in Ole Ole Ole were pretty much perfect, for me, anyway. They kept Keith and Ronnie high up in the mix. This Copacabana mix basically has Chuck plinking away over the guitars. Oi....

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 31, 2021 21:10

I heard the Little Bang EP and I must say Sam Wheat seems to have a special contract with Chuck and Mick. They are upfront, whereas the both guitars are mixed in the background.The mix is an annoying product that betrays the characteristics of the band. Awful ...

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 3, 2021 17:00

Start Me Up from Salt Lake City now on the Official YouTube page: [youtu.be]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2021 17:19

The video quality is really low though, didn't they film in HD in 2006?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 3, 2021 17:54

So I have to order the deluxe to get Salt Lake City?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 3, 2021 18:05

Dan
So I have to order the deluxe to get Salt Lake City?
Yes

Date: June 3, 2021 23:45

The mix in the Salt Lake video actually sound quite reasonable. A bit too dry and compressed for my taste but otherwise good. No comparison to the bad Copacabana mix. Although it's mixed and mastered by the same people. The frequency spectrum here is quite even and the keyboards are more embedded into the mix - as it should be with a Stones mix.

Really strange. It's almost like they made the Copacabana show sound bad on purpose and the Salt Lake show good so that people have to buy the Deluxe Package to get at least one show with good quality. Don't know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 23:48 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 4, 2021 10:32

With Salt Lake City, you can tell it's the Stones. The Copacabana mix sounds like a singer and a somewhat desperate piano player. No guitars, no fun ...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 4, 2021 12:16

NilsHolgersson

Shine A Light and Saitama 2006 was filmed in HD. But in 2005 I don't think full HD was the standard yet for concert recording. Looks like Salt Lake was recorded onto DV-tape or some other lower resolution format.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-04 12:21 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: June 4, 2021 17:21

A shame that you have to buy the expensive deluxe version to get the Salt Lake concert. I had bought the Salt Lake Blueray if they had sold it separately. That Start Me Up version sounds superb, really tight and focused. No comparison to the later Bigger Bang legs when the guitar section seemed to fall apart a bit.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:59

RobertJohnson
With Salt Lake City, you can tell it's the Stones. The Copacabana mix sounds like a singer and a somewhat desperate piano player. No guitars, no fun ...

Yes, I quite enjoy Start Me Up. Guitars up front, great tempo and performance. I ordered two copies of the deluxe set. One I won't open, the other I'll open and enjoy.

I'm a memorabilia dealer and items factory sealed can hold some value and actually increase over the years...

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 6, 2021 18:05

I wonder if they will release the complete Austin 2006 show as well, not my favourite show but at least it's in HD unlike Rio.

If they are going to release the complete MSG or Twickenham 2003 shows it would be nice to get a bonus arena show from 2002 with the deluxe version.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 6, 2021 18:59

TheBlockbuster
NilsHolgersson

Shine A Light and Saitama 2006 was filmed in HD. But in 2005 I don't think full HD was the standard yet for concert recording. Looks like Salt Lake was recorded onto DV-tape or some other lower resolution format.

Shine A Light is a film shot on film I guess, of course it's in HD.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 6, 2021 19:09

Testify
TheBlockbuster
NilsHolgersson

Shine A Light is a film shot on film I guess, of course it's in HD.

"SHINE A LIGHT was shot using a variety of formats, including 35mm film and HD video, making this the first time that Scorsese had worked with digital footage. The choice to shoot HD may not have been the best choice in shooting the Stones, as the increased detail makes them positively ancient."

https://directorsseries.net/2016/06/22/martin-scorseses-shine-a-light-2008/

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 10, 2021 09:17

Today i pre-ordered the deluxe edition with the Salt Lake dvd in a local store and they charged me the cd/dvd combo price. So i payed 30 instead of 50 euro for the box. Sometimes You can be lucky

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 17, 2021 23:57

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 18, 2021 11:19

Is the Salt Lake City anywhere near as good as the Saint Paul gig of the 6th of september 2005? That's my favourite show of the whole first leg of the ABB.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: June 18, 2021 20:07

MadMax
Is the Salt Lake City anywhere near as good as the Saint Paul gig of the 6th of september 2005? That's my favourite show of the whole first leg of the ABB.

Ugh, say it ain't so! I was home in the Twin Cities that night, but I was in between jobs and wasn't sure when I'd be working again so I didn't buy a ticket. Turns out I could have bought a ticket and been fine. That one and Milwaukee '05 are two that got away due to financial uncertainty.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 18, 2021 21:05

I am glad I checked this thread as this is a reminder to pre order this release .

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 18, 2021 22:28

I really want the Salt Lake show, but don't feel like buying the expensive deluxe edition.

Rio 2006 is not one of their best shows, the mix is not an improvement, and the picture quality is not better than on The Biggest Bang.

Wish they'd made Salt Lake the main release instead, with Rio 2006 as a bonus for the deluxe edition.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home