Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19
Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live At Copacabana Beach
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 15, 2021 05:09

NilsHolgersson
I think their target audience is 20 or 30 year olds buying gifts for their boomer dads

I'm 50. My dad is a boomer. I guess. If I bought this for him he wouldn't even bother with it. He'd throw it away.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 15, 2021 07:03

floodonthepage
My completist, buy everything that comes out mode of operation was first cracked with the release of "Live Licks", which I still can't bring myself to buy due to the awful editing. Then the "Rarities 1971-2003" CD for the bs removal of Wyman from the photo. Next it was the 'Shine a Light' and 'Ladies and Gentlemen' soundtracks (figured I have the films and they are the go-to, but I might go back and get those some day) and now it's this Copa release. If they were to upgrade the entire "Biggest Bang" 4 disc collection, I'd spring for it, but a complete Copa and Salt Lake City (?) doesn't seem like enough to warrant having basically two copies of the same show IMHO....especially if this (albeit complete) version isn't done by Clearmountain. That said, the packaging is thoughtful and well-conceived, with the Bigger Bang album motif on the cover.

Shine A Light is actually a really good release IMHO. Wish I had the vinyl of that. I come back to it with some regularity.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 15, 2021 07:10

ironbelly
1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
7. DVD (With Japanese commentary and subtitles, Japan only)
8. Blu-ray (With Japanese commentary and subtitles, Japan only)
9. DVD+2SHM-CD (Japan only)
10. Blu-ray+2SHM-CD (Japan only)
11. 3DVD+2SHM-CD (Japan only, bonus documentary DVD)
12. 2Blu-ray+DVD+2SHM-CD (Japan only, bonus documentary DVD)
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
16. Record Store Day picture disc 10” single
17. Record Store Day transparent 10” single
Did I miss something?

I guess I’m not the same level completist as everyone else here. I go with what generally gives me the complete available audio in physical form and variations there of. For instance, I have the super deluxe Sticky Fingers but then I also bought the 2CD version. I have both the single and double CD version of Shine A Light. I bought the expanded Stripped 2 CD version haven’t opened it cuz I found out after that Japan had bonus tracks and I want that version instead. I replaced my original BTB cd with the Japanese one for Angie. And when possible I do like to get the SHM CD versions so for this release I’ll get the Japan super deluxe SHM with Blu-ray. The translucent vinyl tho I might go for colored too and really want that picture disc. I do have some of the record store day releases but not all. Missed scarlet last year. And she’s a Rainbow.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2021 16:17

VoodooLounge13
floodonthepage
My completist, buy everything that comes out mode of operation was first cracked with the release of "Live Licks", which I still can't bring myself to buy due to the awful editing. Then the "Rarities 1971-2003" CD for the bs removal of Wyman from the photo. Next it was the 'Shine a Light' and 'Ladies and Gentlemen' soundtracks (figured I have the films and they are the go-to, but I might go back and get those some day) and now it's this Copa release. If they were to upgrade the entire "Biggest Bang" 4 disc collection, I'd spring for it, but a complete Copa and Salt Lake City (?) doesn't seem like enough to warrant having basically two copies of the same show IMHO....especially if this (albeit complete) version isn't done by Clearmountain. That said, the packaging is thoughtful and well-conceived, with the Bigger Bang album motif on the cover.

Shine A Light is actually a really good release IMHO. Wish I had the vinyl of that. I come back to it with some regularity.

I don't recall a vinyl release of S.A.L. Unless maybe they made a bootleg?

I recall 40 Licks, Live Licks and SAL were in that period of time where they stopped printing vinyl versions...odd just a few years later vinyl outsells CDs.

Picture resolution on Copacabana Beach Gig? Help…
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: May 15, 2021 07:23

Does anyone know if it will fill the whole screen. Annoyingly with some of the previous releases, even when you buy them in Blu-ray, the picture often seems to “naturally” be calibrated to be clipped off at the sides…so even if you change the aspect ratio the picture is nit that great…help technical wizards who may be out there?

Re: Picture resolution on Copacabana Beach Gig? Help…
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 15, 2021 15:15

A first hint to the picture-quality - the Trailer:

[www.YouTube.com]

Re: Picture resolution on Copacabana Beach Gig? Help…
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 15, 2021 20:03

guyrachel
Does anyone know if it will fill the whole screen. Annoyingly with some of the previous releases, even when you buy them in Blu-ray, the picture often seems to “naturally” be calibrated to be clipped off at the sides…so even if you change the aspect ratio the picture is nit that great…help technical wizards who may be out there?

judging from the trailer, Rio is 4:3 while SLC is 16:9.

Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 16, 2021 12:55

Seems odd that in 2005 they didn't use HD technology. But then again I've heard they recorded ABB on laptops or something like that.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 16, 2021 13:53

frankotero
Seems odd that in 2005 they didn't use HD technology. But then again I've heard they recorded ABB on laptops or something like that.

They must've used HD cameras on certain shows just look at the bigger bang blu ray that's not an upscale

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 16, 2021 14:15

philrock90
frankotero

They must've used HD cameras on certain shows just look at the bigger bang blu ray that's not an upscale

Seems like they used HD cameras on the Salt Lake city gig, looks like it in the trailer.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 16, 2021 15:51

Rio was filmed in 4:3 so of course it should also be watched that way, not in stretched out 16:9.

Salt Lake looks like 16:9 since it's letterboxed in the trailer, still looks more like SD quality than HD though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-16 15:52 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 16, 2021 20:33

Saitama 2006 was Full HD. Wish it was the outside stage though. Then they ruined the intro video with credits. I love that video!

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: May 18, 2021 00:15

frankotero

I remember Rio being streamed live when it happened. Wonder if the limits on internet speeds at the time is why it was shot in such low quality. I remember living in London at the time and watching on my laptop late at night, so glad to have the complete show.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:16

I'll get the bluray, I haven't watched a Bigger Bang concert for 15 years, except Shine a Light

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:51

NilsHolgersson
I'll get the bluray, I haven't watched a Bigger Bang concert for 15 years, except Shine a Light

I haven't watched Four Flicks or The Biggest Bang for years. Ever since they started releasing Wyman Era videos, I've had no taste for the Silver Years. Excepting No Security. They absolutely peaked on that tour, at least Keith and Charlie did. They were never the same.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 22:12

you can see the cd blu ray and dvd as will be the interior designs or are all formats the same

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: May 19, 2021 06:13

NilsHolgersson
I think their target audience is 20 or 30 year olds buying gifts for their boomer dads

no, it's me at 25 buying it for me

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 20, 2021 14:31

gavin95
NilsHolgersson

no, it's me at 25 buying it for me
Same here. Turning 26 in august.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 20, 2021 23:03

.... same here turnin a hairpin bend at 55 ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2021 02:42

Rockman
.... same here turnin a hairpin bend at 55 ....

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 21, 2021 18:25

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 21, 2021 20:14

NilsHolgersson

The new mix sounds muffled. The original Bob Clearmountain mix was way better.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 21, 2021 20:28

StonedRambler
NilsHolgersson

The new mix sounds muffled. The original Bob Clearmountain mix was way better.

I am still surppised that didn´t use the Clearmountai mix for this release. I really wish that Bob Clearmountain mixed all the archive releases instead of Sam Whieat.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 21, 2021 21:25

That mix is really bad!!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 21, 2021 21:48

hockenheim95
That mix is really bad!!
Yeah it's absurd how a professional mixing engineer can deliver a mix like that. The Bob Clearmountain mix shows that it's not because of the source material - that is just fine. It's really only that Sam Wheat messed it up again

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-21 21:49 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2021 23:05

StonedRambler

Yeah it's absurd how a professional mixing engineer can deliver a mix like that.

Looks almost on purpose, to sell it several times. 1st release: incomplete. 2nd release: bad mix/remaster. 3rd release: fans are patient .... winking smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 21, 2021 23:24

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-21 23:29 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 22, 2021 00:44

NilsHolgersson

Annoying how Mick's vocals sounds distorted compared to the Biggest Bang mix. Overall everything is just louder with less bass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-22 00:45 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 22, 2021 00:56

I gotta agree that the mix is poor.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 22, 2021 17:37

Bob Clearmountain seems to be "too expensive" for those kind of project now...

poor us sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home