Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19
Re: Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Live At Copacabana Beach
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 11, 2021 22:31

The original Copacabana dvd from the The Biggest Bang is the audio mixed by Bob Clearmountain. I really hope this new release is also mixed by Bob Clearmountain but I wouldn’t be surprised if the remix is done by somebody else.

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: May 11, 2021 23:48

Yes really hope its the master Mr Clearmountain .. not Sam Wheat please !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 23:49 by andreas.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 12, 2021 05:07

I quite like the clear vinyl set; the 10” picture disc single; and the Japanese deluxe edition of this!!!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 12, 2021 17:30

The new release was mixed by Sam Wheat unfortunately.
From Sam Wheat's Soundbetter site, news section:
[soundbetter.com]
"
Finishing up Rolling Stones from Rio 2006Feb 03, 2021

PRINTED TODAY! Rolling Stones live show on Copacabana Beach, Rio, 2006. Attended by 1.5 million people...

Get in touch if you have a mixing project. I have my crowd size fader dialled in... You can sound like you're whispering in an ear, on the radio, in an arena, or now... on a Brazillian beach with 1.5 million people screaming!"

I already thought the trailer sounded really bad and muddy compared to the original DVD.
For me this is a reason not to buy the new release. The old mix by Bob Clearmountain was just perfect and since the picture quality does not seem to have improved much either, I'll stay with the old release.

Re: Forthcoming release of The Rolling Stones
Date: May 12, 2021 20:03

Irix
DandelionPowderman

Was All About You a bonus track on the Buenos Aires-DVD (or was it San Jose?)?

It was a bonus track on 'Bridges to Bremen' - [www.jpc.de] .

Only on the DVD? No audio bonus track on the CD anywhere?

Date: May 13, 2021 02:36

I have only ever collected the CD's and DVD/Blu-Rays of the boys.....I have over the past couple of years started to branch out into vinyl - as they release some of these super deluxe versions and singles on vinyl, I've been getting those. I'd like to have started with the Vault series to have all those from the get-go. They are getting harder to come by and pricey when they are seen. My question for everyone here.....are you completist from a vinyl standpoint? For instance when a new color vinyl comes out, do you need to buy it? I dig the clear vinyl version for this one, but I do like the multi-color too, because of the tie-in to Brazil, but most people will have that one. I briefly debated buying both, but that's a lot of money for something I will never open or listen to!!! So I was just wondering if others feel the need to acquire all versions of vinyl?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 13, 2021 03:37

Why collect this at all? For a couple 'bonus' cuts? I've seen The Biggest Bang on Ebay for 10 bucks, free shipping. You get almost the whole Copacabana concert, plus a lot more.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 13, 2021 04:23

VoodooLounge13
I have only ever collected the CD's and DVD/Blu-Rays of the boys.....I have over the past couple of years started to branch out into vinyl - as they release some of these super deluxe versions and singles on vinyl, I've been getting those. I'd like to have started with the Vault series to have all those from the get-go. They are getting harder to come by and pricey when they are seen. My question for everyone here.....are you completist from a vinyl standpoint? For instance when a new color vinyl comes out, do you need to buy it? I dig the clear vinyl version for this one, but I do like the multi-color too, because of the tie-in to Brazil, but most people will have that one. I briefly debated buying both, but that's a lot of money for something I will never open or listen to!!! So I was just wondering if others feel the need to acquire all versions of vinyl?

Personally I buy every different Vinyl option available of every release, and they all remain sealed and unopened. On the odd occasion when I missed buying an LP at the time, I always regret it and end up paying twice as much for it later on.... (and yes I know its crazy - but its what I do - hey some people listen to U2...)

I also buy multiple versions of the CD/BR/DVD especially the Japanese or any Ltd Edition ones like Best Buys etc. I will open the odd CD set to play them and the BR.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: May 13, 2021 05:36

rcfoxy
VoodooLounge13

Personally I buy every different Vinyl option available of every release, and they all remain sealed and unopened. On the odd occasion when I missed buying an LP at the time, I always regret it and end up paying twice as much for it later on.... (and yes I know its crazy - but its what I do - hey some people listen to U2...)

I also buy multiple versions of the CD/BR/DVD especially the Japanese or any Ltd Edition ones like Best Buys etc. I will open the odd CD set to play them and the BR.

I try to buy only the “definitive version” of a release, which is usually the Japanese version and if I happen to miss the bonus track, then I get irritated at having to buy it again lol. Thanks for the response. Very much appreciated!! Spending all this money was much easier before I got remarried!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2021 16:43

VoodooLounge13
rcfoxy
VoodooLounge13

I try to buy only the “definitive version” of a release, which is usually the Japanese version and if I happen to miss the bonus track, then I get irritated at having to buy it again lol. Thanks for the response. Very much appreciated!! Spending all this money was much easier before I got remarried!!!

I tend to buy all the vinyl versions as well...same M.O. as you guys. And then of course invariably you see them go up in value so that feels like justification of a 'sound investment decision', though I've never sold anything, and would wonder whether I could actually monetize this stuff in the future.

One eventually starts thinking, what ultimately becomes of this 'museum'?

Date: May 13, 2021 19:08

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
rcfoxy
VoodooLounge13

I tend to buy all the vinyl versions as well...same M.O. as you guys. And then of course invariably you see them go up in value so that feels like justification of a 'sound investment decision', though I've never sold anything, and would wonder whether I could actually monetize this stuff in the future.

One eventually starts thinking, what ultimately becomes of this 'museum'?

Agreed!! I live in a condo now, and don't have the room that I used to during my 1st marriage to properly display/catalog any of this stuff. The CDs/DVDs are all in plastic bins, and the vinyl/deluxe boxsets are all in a giant milk crate.

Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: May 13, 2021 21:07

Does anybody knows why amazon still isn’t listing the Deluxe edition of 2 blu rays/ 2 cd??
O can see all others edition but not that one...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 13, 2021 22:16

fedecarp
Does anybody knows why amazon still isn’t listing the Deluxe edition of 2 blu rays/ 2 cd??
O can see all others edition but not that one...
It is on French side for some time
[www.amazon.fr]
S&H within EU is ~7€.
Do not know how much they will charge for overseas.

Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: May 13, 2021 23:05

Do we really need this release? This has got to be the 10th live version of “tumbling dice” in last 20 yrs. I can think of a number of potential releases I would have enjoyed and purchased.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 14, 2021 02:27

illyad1960
Do we really need this release? This has got to be the 10th live version of “tumbling dice” in last 20 yrs. I can think of a number of potential releases I would have enjoyed and purchased.

Well maybe you should send them a letter.....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 14, 2021 05:49

illyad1960

Eh, only if you don't want to buy it. Like me. I have zero interest in the release but do find the thread to be somewhat entertaining. Some people will buy anything the Stones have released.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 14, 2021 12:50

I think their target audience is 20 or 30 year olds buying gifts for their boomer dads

Date: May 14, 2021 13:51

NilsHolgersson
I think their target audience is 20 or 30 year olds buying gifts for their boomer dads

Rather 50-80 year olds, buying gifts to themselves smiling smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 14, 2021 16:37

My completist, buy everything that comes out mode of operation was first cracked with the release of "Live Licks", which I still can't bring myself to buy due to the awful editing. Then the "Rarities 1971-2003" CD for the bs removal of Wyman from the photo. Next it was the 'Shine a Light' and 'Ladies and Gentlemen' soundtracks (figured I have the films and they are the go-to, but I might go back and get those some day) and now it's this Copa release. If they were to upgrade the entire "Biggest Bang" 4 disc collection, I'd spring for it, but a complete Copa and Salt Lake City (?) doesn't seem like enough to warrant having basically two copies of the same show IMHO....especially if this (albeit complete) version isn't done by Clearmountain. That said, the packaging is thoughtful and well-conceived, with the Bigger Bang album motif on the cover.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-14 22:18 by floodonthepage.

Date: May 14, 2021 17:30

1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
7. DVD (With Japanese commentary and subtitles, Japan only)
8. Blu-ray (With Japanese commentary and subtitles, Japan only)
9. DVD+2SHM-CD (Japan only)
10. Blu-ray+2SHM-CD (Japan only)
11. 3DVD+2SHM-CD (Japan only, bonus documentary DVD)
12. 2Blu-ray+DVD+2SHM-CD (Japan only, bonus documentary DVD)
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
16. Record Store Day picture disc 10” single
17. Record Store Day transparent 10” single
Did I miss something?

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 14, 2021 17:39

It depends on the rarity of the vinyl. I like to get the Record Store Day releases. I bought up a few Steel Wheels releases. They haven't come out of the packages.
I'm the same way with other memorabilia I purchase.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 14, 2021 19:35

ironbelly

Did I miss something?

5-Track Digital-EP - [iorr.org] . Digital Downloads of Audio/Video on e.g. Qobuz or iTunes - [iorr.org] .

Date: May 14, 2021 19:46

Irix
ironbelly

Did I miss something?

5-Track Digital-EP - [iorr.org] . Digital Downloads of Audio/Video on e.g. Qobuz or iTunes - [iorr.org] .
Oh, that one. But it is digital. You can not put it on the shelf to collect dust.

Date: May 14, 2021 19:47

ironbelly
1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
Did I miss something?

Good lord.

The term 'completist' is destined to no longer be a category.

Date: May 14, 2021 19:52

treaclefingers
ironbelly
1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
Did I miss something?

Good lord.

The term 'completist' is destined to no longer be a category.
winking smiley
I forgot one! There was exclusive sticker on bravado.de

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 14, 2021 19:56

ironbelly
1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
Did I miss something?

I go for the moment for:

01 DVD+2CD
02 DeLuxe 2Blu-ray+2CD
03 DeLuxe 2DVD+2CD
04 3LP (Black)
05 3LP (Colored)
06 Record Store Day picture disc 10” single
07 Record Store Day transparent 10” single

Next Month i try to go (if my wallet let me) for

01 DVD
02 Blu-ray
03 Blu-ray+2CD

Date: May 14, 2021 20:00

UrbanSteel
I go for the moment for:

01 DVD+2CD
02 DeLuxe 2Blu-ray+2CD
03 DeLuxe 2DVD+2CD
04 3LP (Black)
05 3LP (Colored)
06 Record Store Day picture disc 10” single
07 Record Store Day transparent 10” single

Next Month i try to go (if my wallet let me) for

01 DVD
02 Blu-ray
03 Blu-ray+2CD
I shall get only
01 DVD+2CD
02 DeLuxe 2DVD+2CD
and, probably Record Store Day picture disc 10” single (if one will be available in local store)

Date: May 14, 2021 20:19

I'll go for the Blu Ray + CDs and any vinyl I can get my greasy mitts on.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 15, 2021 02:21

ironbelly
1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
Did I miss something?

Is that ALL the suckers can buy?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 15, 2021 05:07

ironbelly
1. DVD
2. Blu-ray
3. DVD+2CD
4. Blu-ray+2CD
5. 2DVD+2CD
6. 2Blu-ray+2CD
13. 3LP (Black)
14. 3LP (Colored)
15. 3LP (Transparent)
Did I miss something?

How awful. Overkill for something hardly anyone will buy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home