Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leeds Roundhay Park
Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 6, 2021 22:27

Watching this on blu ray .The sound is brilliant,but how many head shots of the band do we need ?

Re: Leeds Roundhay Park
Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 6, 2021 22:32

It's because the blu-ray uses the feed for the stage video screens.

Date: March 6, 2021 22:45

Do you mean if there's a DVD of show , the footage will be different?

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 6, 2021 22:47

Leeds 1982

When The Rolling Stones wowed 120,000 fans at Leeds Roundhay Park

Date: March 6, 2021 22:55

I was there, brilliant show ,and I think Ian Stewart's last one

Date: March 6, 2021 23:35

welshphil

Same video feed on the official dvd.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: March 7, 2021 00:00

welshphil
They only have the feed from the stage video screens, so it's on both Bluray and DVD. But since it's the last show with Ian Stewart, we should be glad there is a film at all.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: March 7, 2021 00:49

I hate watching this concert. Cameras drive me nuts.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 7, 2021 01:12

The cameraman didnt know how to zoom out

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: March 7, 2021 01:18

Insane after show fireworks!

Great during show guitar works winking smiley

Date: March 7, 2021 15:04

I was at this show as well. The band was never the same after this show. They definitely lost a step not having Stu play with them anymore.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 7, 2021 21:52

My third show in a month and this time in daylight!!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 8, 2021 00:21

The footage is much, much better than nothing. Bill gets extensive coverage too, unlike the days they'd go to him for a split second, and then immediately back to Jagger. I was watching it last night. It's like Hampton '81, but jacked up.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 8, 2021 12:10

Wembley from '82 is a similar big-head video from the screens.
Gotta love that one for the She's So Cold train-wreck; one of their best live cock-ups!!!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 8, 2021 12:44

The shooting was not intended to create a DVD, but only as a scenic supplement for those who were there, thanks to the big screens.
Only some tracks (the first ones) had full coverage, I guess due to the fact that they were made available to TV for the news.
But I'm happy they released it, this is the classic release for collectors fans.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:20

Testify
The shooting was not intended to create a DVD, but only as a scenic supplement for those who were there, thanks to the big screens.
Only some tracks (the first ones) had full coverage, I guess due to the fact that they were made available to TV for the news.
But I'm happy they released it, this is the classic release for collectors fans.

This is something that a generation of people are missing, TV was 4:3 not 16:9, Video Screens were originally for the people at the back to see close ups, it wasn't until Voodoo Lounge that The Stones used them to augment the show

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 8, 2021 14:32

Tis a good show in it's very fast pace as the Stones were eager and anxious to finish up the tour and go on Holiday and rest . Which doesn't bother me versus the annoying and headache inducing camera work from the live feed .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2021 09:26

SKILLS
Testify

This is something that a generation of people are missing, TV was 4:3 not 16:9, Video Screens were originally for the people at the back to see close ups, it wasn't until Voodoo Lounge that The Stones used them to augment the show

I remember them on Steel Wheels being used to 'augment' the show. Especially recall '2000 Light Years', and 'It's Only Rock and Roll'.

Date: March 9, 2021 09:57

Testify

DVDs didn't even exist at this point. And the screens were brand new - I think they tried them out for the first time at the end of the 1981-tour.

The face shots were just a service to the people in the audience who couldn't see anyone of them up there, methinks.

We can hear Mick a few songs in, say: "Can we turn on the tv?"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2021 10:36

DandelionPowderman
And the screens were brand new - I think they tried them out for the first time at the end of the 1981-tour.

The first screens were as early as 1972 actually. Washington DC and Pittsburgh. And some later shows also had screens, Largo 1975 comes to mind as being mentioned. But obviously not as huge as the later screens.

Date: March 9, 2021 10:42

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
And the screens were brand new - I think they tried them out for the first time at the end of the 1981-tour.

The first screens were as early as 1972 actually. Washington DC and Pittsburgh. And some later shows also had screens, Largo 1975 comes to mind as being mentioned. But obviously not as huge as the later screens.

I think those screens were the venues's screens, used for college basketball etc.

I'm pretty sure the Stones brought their own screen (for stadium shows) for the first time in 1981.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2021 10:53

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

I think those screens were the venues's screens, used for college basketball etc.

I'm pretty sure the Stones brought their own screen (for stadium shows) for the first time in 1981.

Oh you meant that way. That's right they didn't bring their own screen in the 70s.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 9, 2021 15:43

There were screens at the Knebworth Festival in 1976. Maybe not provided by the band, though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home