Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 5, 2021 21:40

HouseBoyKnows
From one of my knowledgable sources explanation of the origin of these compiled tracks, there should not be anything that was recorded after 2002. So unlikely Goddess or BB sessions. I cannot provide further details but the speculation on more discs maybe forthcoming was confirmed.

HBK

Many thanks HBK!!!
I've still some hopes for "High or Low", "Smooth 180" and others BtB outtakes!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 5, 2021 21:58

This is like Christmas! Only for more than one day! How about Keith singing "Flip the Switch"!!!!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 5, 2021 23:19

Mathijs
It's fantastic, and it all sounds very much like it is remixed and mastered recently, Perhaps for the current Deluxe reissues. The drums and bass all sounds the same over the various years, and different to what Charlie normally sounds like. Or the bootlegger had the tapes and simply remastered it too hard.

IORR, Living in the Heart of Love, Fast Talking are all ready for the upcoming IORR Deluxe release!

I understand there's two 3-CD sets worth of this material coming...

Mathijs

I agree, the songs I've heard from this so far have a very uniform sound, like they were mastered for one project.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 23:35

Is Walk with Me Taylor and Richards on guitars or Richards /Jagger.And the piano sounds like Nicky Hopkins

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 5, 2021 23:44

Taylor1
Is Walk with Me Taylor and Richards on guitars or Richards /Jagger.And the piano sounds like Nicky Hopkins

Definitely Nicky, and definitely Taylor ... his part is super-cool. The way Mick is pushing his voice, sounds like 69-71. I think it's Keith doing the lead fills.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 5, 2021 23:47

I guess this violin on "Too Tight" is the same guy who played on "Any Way You Look At It"? Is it actually a violin?

Date: March 5, 2021 23:56

Amazing and amazed.

Japanese fans are really stubborn...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 23:57 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 5, 2021 23:58

Great stuff

Is this song from Between the Buttons sessions She's Doing Her Thing

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2021 00:11

From the Satanic sessions, formerly known as the "Title 15" instrumental.

Amazing set indeed, best bootleg EVER, such a timespan and variety of styles ! Even "Nobody's perfect" that sounded like muzak to my ears originally has grown on me. It's really catchy and would have complemented "Primitive Cool" well. Dirty Work...not so much as it would have stood out as something actually memorable among a load of mostly uninspiring material.

Back to the grind !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 6, 2021 00:35

I just noticed that this is an mp3 (knew that already) but that it is encoded at 160kbps, instead of 320. that means that even an upgraded mp3 should sound better and the lossless wav or flac even way better than that.

I am hoping for an upgrade or hell I am in for the cd if and when it becomes available. This shit is great.

jb

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 00:38

gotdablouse
From the Satanic sessions, formerly known as the "Title 15" instrumental.

Amazing set indeed, best bootleg EVER, such a timespan and variety of styles ! Even "Nobody's perfect" that sounded like muzak to my ears originally has grown on me. It's really catchy and would have complemented "Primitive Cool" well. Dirty Work...not so much as it would have stood out as something actually memorable among a load of mostly uninspiring material.

Back to the grind !

How about on Talk Is Cheap?

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: March 6, 2021 00:42

That collection shows they were able to compose great songs throughout their whole career. Makes me think that their lesser times were only "less work" times, not "less creative" times. So many opportunities for great songs were lost...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2021 00:43

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 6, 2021 01:04

I'm not much of a downloader. Can you stream any of them on Youtube? Can someone pick out the gold nuggets?

Date: March 6, 2021 01:12

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 6, 2021 01:34

Stoneage
I'm not much of a downloader. Can you stream any of them on Youtube? Can someone pick out the gold nuggets?

[www.youtube.com]

If it's okay, you see a playlist on the right with all the tracks. I didn't upload Scarlet and Criss Cross since they were already released and not the 2 jams Well Well and EWG since they've uploaded them themselves (the Stones team). And added a few well known outtakes to make it a total of 50: 50 unreleased licks!

Date: March 6, 2021 02:01

NilsHolgersson
Stoneage

[www.youtube.com]

If it's okay, you see a playlist on the right with all the tracks. I didn't upload Scarlet and Criss Cross since they were already released and not the 2 jams Well Well and EWG since they've uploaded them themselves (the Stones team). And added a few well known outtakes to make it a total of 50: 50 unreleased licks!

Great job Nils thumbs up

Date: March 6, 2021 02:42

I just listing to Desperate Man can't believe this song is from ca 1973.......

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2021 03:44

maumau
yes hairball just what i was thinking thinking of a finishing touch.
the retro flavour is why it sounds so contemporary to me
but in a good why being the stones in a good shape winking smiley

anyway just an example of the good stuff in this surprise gift
some things do not move me but there is alot of things that move good smileys with beer

actually i was thinking about you and your appreciation of LIAGT.
my thought was that slow tempo groovy stuff seem to suits them well late in the game, they should etc etc

Let me simplify my previous post regarding Sanctuary - I LOVE IT....for the most part. winking smiley

WE NEED MORE of the same, and MORE of different type things! MORE. MORE. MORE! Feeling greedy now...

Three more cd's coming soon filled with this type of stuff...we have been blessed. Quite a mystery how or why, but no questions asked...just give us more please!thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2021 04:05

NilsHolgersson
Stoneage

[www.youtube.com]

Much appreciated, thanks.
Scarlet might be my least favorite of all these, though haven't fully digested everything completely yet as there's much to absorb, and am squeezing in as much in as possible amidst a very busy last couple of days I've had.

Also, nice to have a playlist that automatically moves from one track to the next unlike the downloads where I have to click on each track one after another, though maybe there's a way and I'm just not familiar with it?
Wondering if there was any strategy or reasoning behind the order you've posted them which seems different from the tracklist of the cd itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 04:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 04:47

MelBelli
Taylor1

Definitely Nicky, and definitely Taylor ... his part is super-cool. The way Mick is pushing his voice, sounds like 69-71. I think it's Keith doing the lead fills.

100% Nicky. Weird jamming, also trange to hear him just passing notes instead of a worked part. Sounds kind of Jamming with Edward at moments.

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: March 6, 2021 05:18

Otis' wife Zelda penned the lyrics ...........

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 05:24 by Rockman.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 6, 2021 05:35

Rockman

Otis' wife Zelda penned the lyrics ...........

Mick kinda tells a whole different story in their version of “Dreams to Remember”

Date: March 6, 2021 06:10

...yep different lyrics but Staxeeeeee feel ...
--

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 6, 2021 09:56

I've waited for years and years for a perfect version of Strictly Memphis and it's finally here. Listened to it 5 times in a row--as amazing as I expected it to be. Manna from heaven, this set is. Thank you to whomever leaked this out.

Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: March 6, 2021 10:14

Hairball

Let me simplify my previous post regarding Sanctuary - I LOVE IT....for the most part. winking smiley

WE NEED MORE of the same, and MORE of different type things! MORE. MORE. MORE! Feeling greedy now...

Three more cd's coming soon filled with this type of stuff...we have been blessed. Quite a mystery how or why, but no questions asked...just give us more please!thumbs up

Can you digest these 50 songs before asking for more new songs? Or it's just to add a new line in your excel file like a good friend of mine would say!

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 10:55

Nobody's Perfect sounds to me like a Paris 2002 outtake

Posted by: exil ()
Date: March 6, 2021 11:14

man this is great another reason to stay up late drinking

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2021 11:53

NICOS
I just listing to Desperate Man can't believe this song is from ca 1973.......

Most likely 1997 (sounds like ASMB and AOM), the dates they give are mostly rubbish, almost like they did it on purpose ! If you want the best guesses on dates, check out the "sources" thread in the "Hot Stuff" section.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 6, 2021 12:13

Nobody's Perfect sounds to me like a Paris 2002 outtake

Dirty Work sessions.

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 12:18 by KRiffhard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home