Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748Next
Current Page: 44 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 28, 2021 18:14

... they're not exactly happy ...

They should be pretty happy...

that their little combo became so incredibly successful ...
that their careers have lasted some 60 years

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 29, 2021 15:59

retired_dog

Of course they're not exactly happy, but that would mean trying to control every CD pressing plant in every shady country... I think it's just a myth.

...besides, there are other ways to distribute the material, no need to stick to the CD format.

I really don't know to what extent Universal is actually taking actions, if they can at all. But I can imagine in this case they could prevent the material to come out by agreeing on a cease and desist contract.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-29 16:11 by Mathijs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 29, 2021 17:41

Mathijs
in this case they could prevent the material to come out by agreeing on a cease and desist contract.

Mathijs

This situtation has "circulate the material asap through a public torrent tracker or a site like Guitar101" written all over it...

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:54

had a chance to listen to the vinyl box set version of this over the weekend - it was definitely a bad press on a couple of the discs which was unfortunate for my friend who shelled out for it - still cool to look at though-

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:12

cowboytoast
had a chance to listen to the vinyl box set version of this over the weekend - it was definitely a bad press on a couple of the discs which was unfortunate for my friend who shelled out for it - still cool to look at though-

Thats sad to hear; I am keeping mine sealed. Was it the marble edition and were there jumps mastered into it or was it warpy or what?

jb

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:23

this one was on red vinyl - not warped but pressed "off-center" - so it sounded wobbly (for lack of a better word) on a couple of the records - you could see the arm going back and forth - there were no skips that i remember but some noise though - but to be honest some of that noise cleared up after a good cleaning -

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:27

.... back yard job ..... but big $$$$$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 05:25

Mathijs
retired_dog

Of course they're not exactly happy, but that would mean trying to control every CD pressing plant in every shady country... I think it's just a myth.

...besides, there are other ways to distribute the material, no need to stick to the CD format.

I really don't know to what extent Universal is actually taking actions, if they can at all. But I can imagine in this case they could prevent the material to come out by agreeing on a cease and desist contract.

Mathijs

Wouldn’t that mean Universal would have to KNOW who’s responsible? If so, they could take more action than a cease and desist on any new drop of outtakes, they could take action ON the released ones. Have they? Not that we’ve heard, so IF there are others to come, potentially, nothing to stop it really

Rod

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 21, 2021 06:20

cowboytoast
this one was on red vinyl - not warped but pressed "off-center" - so it sounded wobbly (for lack of a better word) on a couple of the records - you could see the arm going back and forth - there were no skips that i remember but some noise though - but to be honest some of that noise cleared up after a good cleaning -

Thanks, I got used to off center records with reggae music and Jamaican pressings. I even have a target slipmat to be able to correctly center the record. Glad to hear they weren't skippy, thats way harder to correct.

jb

speculation about what could be on the next fully finished studio outtakes volume
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 18, 2021 01:42

so any guess
i'm hoping for more quality stuff from the the 40 licks sessions and i assume more is coming from bridges to babylon and hopefully black & Blue
anyone else have a good guess

Re: speculation about what could be on the next fully finished studio outtakes volume
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 18, 2021 13:34

My guess is that the "three volumes" just referred to the three CDs of the release.

Re: speculation about what could be on the next fully finished studio outtakes volume
Date: July 18, 2021 14:35

ProfessorWolf

Wild guessing :
I'd go to Nico's site and - from 75 to 97 - compile every song title which has "unverified" attached to it.
That could be a good starting point for future volume(s) of the FFSO boot.

And yeah that'll be a long list. thumbs up

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 18, 2021 15:53

Universal does everything to prevent the release of more...

Date: July 19, 2021 00:37

Yep !!! .... Bounty hunters have them on the run now ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 20, 2021 00:53

wiredallnight
Universal does everything to prevent the release of more...
Does it mean that we shall not get lost outtatkes and lost atmos mixes anymore? winking smiley

Date: July 20, 2021 12:45

depends on how fast the bootleg boys can duck and weave ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:16

The only bounty hunters I know are from Italian Spaghetti Westerns: Van Cleef past away years ago and Clint is in his ninties... so much for fast running and ducking. Although Franco Nero seems still fit and strong.winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:22

Nikkei
My guess is that the "three volumes" just referred to the three CDs of the release.

This

Date: July 21, 2021 23:24

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:22

Nikkei

This

yes i suspected as much but any new release would probably still be called volume something or another

Date: July 18, 2021 14:35

ProfessorWolf

Wild guessing :
I'd go to Nico's site and - from 75 to 97 - compile every song title which has "unverified" attached to it.
That could be a good starting point for future volume(s) of the FFSO boot.

And yeah that'll be a long list. thumbs up

yeah i have them all saved as word docs on my computer and read thru them quite a lot but i don't know how helpful they would be since most of ffso were already well known outtakes in a more finished state or stuff nobody had a clue existed but going on your suggestion i sure would like to know what there version of red house is like or any of the dozen or so outtakes from the 1977 paris sessions that have somehow managed to not be leaked
and of course who dosen't want desperately to hear what has to be surely the greatest unreleased hidden gem from there vaults bathroom/toilet from 67winking smiley

ELIZA UPCHINK??
Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: July 23, 2021 17:24

One of their best outtakes in my opinion. I believe it was first recorded during the 'Undercover' sessions and then 'Dirty Work.'

Does anyone know why it wasn't released? I think it's better than any song on either of these albums...

SPB

Re: ELIZA UPCHINK??
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 23, 2021 18:14

Great one!

Why wasn't it released?

I'd say only because they preferred She Was Hot on Undercover and Had it with you on SW, both of which have some additions that set them aside from the classic straightforward RnR number they have done for ages.

By the way, this Eliza Upchink, who is she? (Or what is it?)

C

Re: ELIZA UPCHINK??
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 18:20

sbetz
One of their best outtakes in my opinion. I believe it was first recorded during the 'Undercover' sessions and then 'Dirty Work.'

Does anyone know why it wasn't released? I think it's better than any song on either of these albums...

SPB

Apparently Bill Wyman mentioned something about it in one of his books ("back on the streets again" was another temporary title of that song).
Personally I like the "slowed down" version best. It reminds me a bit of the "heavy Stones" on Get Yer Yaya's Out. A nice slow head banger.
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 24, 2021 17:57

Nikkei

No, there's about 150 tracks.

Mathijs

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 24, 2021 19:33

went back to these outtakes today after a while
sweeeeet

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: July 24, 2021 21:12

Mathijs
Nikkei

Mathijs

Crying, Waiting, Hoping....
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 25, 2021 00:27

Mathijs

Mathijs

Would be a crying shame if "the source" left us stranded after only one third of the ride...
Unleashing 3 more cd's in the middle of the 2021 tour while Mick's busy onstage and Universal busy promoting the TY reissue would be a good move, tactically speaking...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 00:29 by dcba.

Date: July 25, 2021 01:56

oh i'd also like to add to my wish list keith's full 20 + min version of i think i'm going mad and jah is not dead in much better quality

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: July 25, 2021 08:31

Mathijs
Nikkei

Mathijs

oh man.

fingers crossed we hear them soon.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 25, 2021 12:53

dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

Would be a crying shame if "the source" left us stranded after only one third of the ride...
Unleashing 3 more cd's in the middle of the 2021 tour while Mick's busy onstage and Universal busy promoting the TY reissue would be a good move, tactically speaking...

Sounds like a good idea, but Stones' and Universals legal departments work independently from their creative departments, so...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2021 13:05

retired_dog
dcba

Sounds like a good idea, but Stones' and Universals legal departments work independently from their creative departments, so...

If there're 3 more CDs released in the middle of the 2021 Tour while Mick is busy onstage and Universal is busy promoting the TY reissue, then Universal's legal department got the consent from Stones' creative department .... for a quick glimpse into the vault. winking smileygrinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748Next
Current Page: 44 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home