Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748Next
Current Page: 43 of 48
Re: Lyrics fully finished outakkes
Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: May 30, 2021 04:18

U2Stonesfan
"Quote
ManuelStones
Still in Love stands out for me. Loved it without lyrics/vocals when it came out years ago. Love it now with Mick's vocals and Keith's backing vocals/chorus.
Amazing song.

I'm gonna post the lyrics that I heard to Still In Love, I know some are wrong, could someone please help me with the corrected lyrics. Thanks frtylicks!

Come with me, to crowded streets
through the rain, and through the heat,
can't you see, I'm crazy for you,
And I mean what I said,
I want you back,
All Im gone say,
it's a troubled question,
put an old fashioned way,

That involves, dusty houses,
and all those faded, avenues,
And I hate to see, the streets of sorrow,
turn your back, turn your back on tomorrow,
Yeah, i'm still in love with you,
and I thought sometime today,
I want you back,
I want you back right away,
my body's a wreck,
i said sometime today,

We can talk, for hours and hours,
stranger houses, the love i feel for you
you can take, sweet possessions,
the lover's question,
cant you see, I'm crazy,
I'm still in love with you,
and I want you back,
I want you today,
and I thought sometime today,

I want you back,
i said sometime today,

Interlude

And I walk, for hours,
uh, cause i'm finding dead flowers,
oh, I'm crazy, bout you,
Yeah, I want you back,
I wont never say,
my mind is stretched,
sometime today,"

Thanks a lot Frtylicks!!

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: May 30, 2021 05:09

Thanks a lot Frtylicks!![/quote]

Your Welcome!

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: May 31, 2021 17:00

is there any new lyric sonsg ?

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: June 1, 2021 09:04

[rocksoff.org]

check this out! They have a few more song lyrics

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2021 20:10

There's a lot of songs in there that I believe got abandoned because they got any other band than Stones feel. Listening to Walk with me Wendy and feeling like on Miss Judys Farm

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: June 3, 2021 04:21

Nikkei
There's a lot of songs in there that I believe got abandoned because they got any other band than Stones feel. Listening to Walk with me Wendy and feeling like on Miss Judys Farm

Interesting comment. i like 20 nil but it makes me think of Lou Reed, Kicks.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:54

You know, there's a reason why the Stones didn't release a lot of these tracks.
They're interesting to us, as fans, who devour every version we can find.
I was travelling with a friend, playing the tracks. He's a music buff and a pretty good guitarist.
He's produced a few things and he said this:
Other than tracks that have already been released there isn't much here that would get noticed, today, in a crowded market with Spotify, Tidal, etc.

A new Stones release generates a ton of buzz in the media. The expectations are HUGE, even today. A Stones song needs to be huge or they get the "They're too old, I like their older songs, they should hang it up.." I tend to agree with that sentiment.. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the tracks for what they are.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 4, 2021 18:17

They are outtakes: at least someone thought them not worthy of inclusion on whatever album they were recorded for. There is probably a reason for that. Its what producers do.

jb

Extreme Western Grip
Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: June 5, 2021 11:46

Always loved Extreme Western Grip from the side parts of 40 Licks DVD. Only now I see Steely Dan Do It Again..... we all need to do this again soon!!!!

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: June 12, 2021 17:20

GasLightStreet
Very cool to hear the original recording of IORR. It's so messy!

It had airplay back before the album was released. I don't know how many places but I recorded it from Danish Radio back then and still have it on a cassette somewhere.

Besides if nobody has mentioned some of the years on the cover seems very surprising to me. Trouble's A coming sounds more 1982 than 1972 and Nobody's Perfrect is also more 1985 than '75.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 12, 2021 18:30

Steen G

Besides if nobody has mentioned some of the years on the cover seems very surprising to me. Trouble's A coming sounds more 1982 than 1972 and Nobody's Perfrect is also more 1985 than '75.

See here for the correct recording years - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 24, 2021 10:25

Do we know something more on the origin of this release?

Who compiled the list?

Who put it out?

Why so many new boots made available after years of nothing?

C

Date: June 24, 2021 14:30

liddas

Who compiled the list?

Pure speculation, Pt.1: Matt Clifford (trustworthy access to the vaults).

liddas

Who put it out?

Pure speculation, Pt.2: The Internet (Social Media).

liddas

Why so many new boots made available after years of nothing?

Pure speculation, Pt.3: The lacking of a new Studio-Album ....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 24, 2021 14:43

Irix
liddas

Who compiled the list?

Pure speculation, Pt.1: Matt Clifford (trustworthy access to the vaults).

liddas

I doubt it's Clifford or any member of the band entourage. MC has a great job, he travels by private jet so why would he risk his job by doing this?

I'd bet on a 4th production assistant who had access to the trove back in 98/99 when a "Tattoo You" like album was in the works.

Why was the material sat on for so long? Pure speculation but maybe the person who had felt it had no genuine value as it was lossy. But the recent release on boots of lossy stuff (the ABKCO leaks) proved there's a commercial value for lossy music.

Date: June 24, 2021 15:25

dcba

I doubt it's Clifford or any member of the band entourage. MC has a great job, he travels by private jet so why would he risk his job by doing this?

Of course with the consent of the Band - to 'entertain' the die-hard fans .... so no risk of his job.

dcba

But the recent release on boots of lossy stuff (the ABKCO leaks) proved there's a commercial value for lossy music.

There seems to be a commercial value for archival music in general, at least by Universal Music - see the latest releases by The Beatles, John Lennon, George Harrison with the countless Demos/Takes. Maybe the RS-Outtakes were just a glimpse into the vault due to the lossy/narrow-band quality. Has someone not bought the GHS 2020 release because the 3 additional Tracks were already available as Bootleg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-24 15:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 24, 2021 15:45

dcba

I'd bet on a 4th production assistant who had access to the trove back in 98/99 when a "Tattoo You" like album was in the works.

Why was the material sat on for so long? Pure speculation but maybe the person who had felt it had no genuine value as it was lossy. But the recent release on boots of lossy stuff (the ABKCO leaks) proved there's a commercial value for lossy music.

It's from somebody who is not generally known by Stones fans, and he is not working in the music business in any form. There's another 100 tracks that were supposed to be released but it has become very quiet since the first batch was released.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-25 11:41 by Mathijs.

Date: June 24, 2021 15:55

Mathijs

It's from somebody who is not generally known by Stones fans, and he is not working in the music business in any form.

And therefore he has access to the vaults and can risk a million-dollar Copyright-lawsuit .... winking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 25, 2021 00:36

A downside to this is that I used to really enjoy Potted Shrimp but now I can't seem to listen to it anymore without imagining Micks voice going "Tell her tell her how it is" and wondering if I should ring up my ex or something

Date: June 25, 2021 11:45

Irix
Mathijs

It's from somebody who is not generally known by Stones fans, and he is not working in the music business in any form.

And therefore he has access to the vaults and can risk a million-dollar Copyright-lawsuit .... winking smiley

He did not have access to a vault of any kind, and there is no risk for a million-dollar lawsuit, although Universal is looking into ways to prevent the next batch to be released.

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 25, 2021 11:58

Mathijs
Thank you for the info.

Mathijs
There's another 100 tracks that were supposed to be released but it has become very quiet since the first batch was released (...) Universal is looking into ways to prevent the next batch to be released.

Mathijs

That's an awful (but logical) news. Otoh there's a lot of public trackers that would welcome 100 mp3 tracks without a hitch.

Date: June 25, 2021 12:40

Mathijs

He did not have access to a vault of any kind, and there is no risk for a million-dollar lawsuit

And from where do the files really come from, in your opinion?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 25, 2021 13:03

Mathijs
Irix
Mathijs

He did not have access to a vault of any kind, and there is no risk for a million-dollar lawsuit, although Universal is looking into ways to prevent the next batch to be released.

Mathijs

May I suggest to Universal that the easy solution would be to release them themselves asap?

If the sound quality of what is left to release is in any way close to what already came out, I don't think that there is much work that needs to be done to prepare an official release.

Why the hell are they keeping these things unreleased?

C

Date: June 25, 2021 13:35

liddas

Because they wanna have still something to sell in the upcoming years (e.g. Anniversaries, next Super-Deluxe-Editions) - therefore they do not release everything at once.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 25, 2021 17:36

Mathijs
Irix
Mathijs

Mathijs

Wasn't the person once involved with the Vinyl Gang bootlegging ... and jailed at some point?winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 26, 2021 22:27

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!! new
Date: June 25, 2021 11:45

Irix
Mathijs

Mathijs

you seem to have more knowledge than the rest of us so what do you think the chances are of us hearing anymore of these 100 tracks this year

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 28, 2021 03:55

Nikkei
A downside to this is that I used to really enjoy Potted Shrimp but now I can't seem to listen to it anymore without imagining Micks voice going "Tell her tell her how it is" and wondering if I should ring up my ex or something

You're not Mick Jagger. So... don't?

Date: June 28, 2021 03:58

liddas
Mathijs
Irix
Mathijs

Mathijs

May I suggest to Universal that the easy solution would be to release them themselves asap?

If the sound quality of what is left to release is in any way close to what already came out, I don't think that there is much work that needs to be done to prepare an official release.

C

I haven't seen anything mentioned sound quality wise with the outtakes at hand but... do you want unlistenable brickwalled Universal releases?

Date: June 28, 2021 04:01

dennycranium
You know, there's a reason why the Stones didn't release a lot of these tracks.
They're interesting to us, as fans, who devour every version we can find.
I was travelling with a friend, playing the tracks. He's a music buff and a pretty good guitarist.
He's produced a few things and he said this:
Other than tracks that have already been released there isn't much here that would get noticed, today, in a crowded market with Spotify, Tidal, etc.

A new Stones release generates a ton of buzz in the media. The expectations are HUGE, even today. A Stones song needs to be huge or they get the "They're too old, I like their older songs, they should hang it up.." I tend to agree with that sentiment.. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the tracks for what they are.

Your friend is looking at it in one dimension: today.

It's not about today.

That's the new Stones music, whenever and if it happens.

Date: June 28, 2021 14:56

georgie48

Wasn't the person once involved with the Vinyl Gang bootlegging ... and jailed at some point?winking smiley

No.

Mathijs

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 28, 2021 17:03

Mathijs
Irix
Mathijs

Mathijs

Of course they're not exactly happy, but that would mean trying to control every CD pressing plant in every shady country... I think it's just a myth.

...besides, there are other ways to distribute the material, no need to stick to the CD format.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748Next
Current Page: 43 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home