Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2021 18:59

I can't remember if this has been mentioned here before, but "Tell It Like It Is"....that's "new Jagger" singing. That can't be a 70s vocal. It's still very good.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 20, 2021 20:19

bitusa2012
Midnight Toker
Listened to this on youtube. The title track, Nobody's Perfect" should have been on an album.

We’re talking The Rolling Stones, right? This is more like a Bon Jovi outtake, it’s NOT one of the better songs on this collection of Stones outtake. It’s just…a song. Not a terribly good one. More Bon Jovi. The next track, Troubles a Comin’ is a stunner, and actually shows Nobody’s Perfect to BE just a bland … average, song.

Agree for the most part, but I think I like Nobody's Perfect a little more than you. But yes, Trouble's a Comin' is a stunner!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 21, 2021 00:23

gavin95
deeeskannnie
Erik_Snow
deeeskannnie
gavin95
that's a Wonderland Box, so it will be nothing new. (though I still like many of their releases)

I was told this was "the next set of fully finished outtakes" - so can you elabortate?
(P.S. I'm not a bootleg collector nor completist, and I'm not at all familiar with this 'Wonderland' - no clue to what or who that is...)

All "Wonderland" releases/box sets features material downloaded from IORR or Dimeadozen, and many of their releases has gaps/silence between livetracks, wrong information on nthe sleeve, and/or are taken from MP3. Never anything "new" on Wonderland-bootlegs.

Okido (thx!) - but what makes this a "Wonderland" box then?
There's no mention of it on the artwork, as far as I can see...

And, again, I was assured (by the ones who got me the the first release) this is to be the anticipated "second release of fully finished outtakes"...?

The artwork is a dead giveaway - also the 60 "new" outtakes would be the exact number expected: 50 from the "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" plus 10 more from the Bridges to Babylon leak.
But it says promo videos auction masters etc, so why would you think it would just be the same first set?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 21, 2021 00:41

donvis
gavin95
deeeskannnie
Erik_Snow
deeeskannnie
gavin95
that's a Wonderland Box, so it will be nothing new. (though I still like many of their releases)

I was told this was "the next set of fully finished outtakes" - so can you elabortate?
(P.S. I'm not a bootleg collector nor completist, and I'm not at all familiar with this 'Wonderland' - no clue to what or who that is...)

All "Wonderland" releases/box sets features material downloaded from IORR or Dimeadozen, and many of their releases has gaps/silence between livetracks, wrong information on nthe sleeve, and/or are taken from MP3. Never anything "new" on Wonderland-bootlegs.

And, again, I was assured (by the ones who got me the the first release) this is to be the anticipated "second release of fully finished outtakes"...?

The artwork is a dead giveaway - also the 60 "new" outtakes would be the exact number expected: 50 from the "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" plus 10 more from the Bridges to Babylon leak.
But it says promo videos auction masters etc, so why would you think it would just be the same first set?

I think what he is saying is that the fifty tracks already on the first set plus the ten extra from that other set make up some of the seven cds,, then the other cds would be made up of the stuff you mention, promo vids, auction masters, etc.

Of course, all that extra stuff is taken straight from here as well so that's the problem: its not really new stuff equivalent in quality and exclusivity to the first three cd set and in fact is all pirated from this site and then packaged and sold.

jb

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: May 21, 2021 02:28

Strange that 'What am I gonna do with your love' and 'Baby you're too much' didn;t make it on this. Both 80's outtakes and very stong ones at that! Mick's vocal on 'What am I gonna do' is insane

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: May 21, 2021 04:45

longlongwinter
Strange that 'What am I gonna do with your love' and 'Baby you're too much' didn;t make it on this. Both 80's outtakes and very stong ones at that! Mick's vocal on 'What am I gonna do' is insane

What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love is an amazing song full of feeling and groove. Yes, Mick's vocals are superb on this one.
Out of curiosity, I searched for Baby You're Too Much. I think I haven't listened to it before. It's also great!

There are still many great songs remaining: Guess I Should Know, Never Too Into, Ganster Moll (Maul?), Lonely at the Top, Crushed Pearl...

Date: May 21, 2021 09:28

donvis
gavin95
deeeskannnie
Erik_Snow
deeeskannnie
gavin95

No need to think much further; Wonderland = crap/rehash.

They, for instance, released "El Mocambo +" with a tracklisting that was similiar to the authentic Toronto 1977 shows. But it was a combination of well-known 1976 recordings.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2021 15:26

deeeskannnie

The artwork is ugly and laden with typos? It's gonna be a sell-out in no time! grinning smiley

Date: May 22, 2021 09:56

dcba
The artwork is ugly and laden with typos? It's gonna be a sell-out in no time! grinning smiley

In fact, it's in the top 5 of most horrible bootleg artwork ever.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 22, 2021 10:02

top 5 !!!!..... now thats a good reason ta grab it ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 22, 2021 10:09

The only one I can think of that comes close is the one with the naked 10 age girls, and Rolling Stones members dressed in nazi-uniforms.

Date: May 22, 2021 10:10

I think it was Lyon 1976 it featured. I have it in my shelf, but I never take it out, it's so discusting.

Date: May 22, 2021 19:31

Erik_Snow
The only one I can think of that comes close is the one with the naked 10 age girls, and Rolling Stones members dressed in nazi-uniforms.

Wasn't that artwork by some sort of famous artist who made his living doing sensational paintings, and had a book of them? I think the version I saw was reprinted in a magazine somewhere but I seem to recall a big dustup over the art. Never realized it was used for the jacket of a bootleg. I used the art from the mag as a wraparound cover for the Brown Sugar 12" I think. I think the reality was not far off from the artwork myself.

jb

Posted by: django ()
Date: May 22, 2021 22:38

jbwelda
Erik_Snow

Wasn't that artwork by some sort of famous artist who made his living doing sensational paintings, and had a book of them? I think the version I saw was reprinted in a magazine somewhere but I seem to recall a big dustup over the art. Never realized it was used for the jacket of a bootleg. I used the art from the mag as a wraparound cover for the Brown Sugar 12" I think. I think the reality was not far off from the artwork myself.

jb

The name of the artist is Guy Peellaert. He also did the cover painting of It's Only R&R.

Date: May 23, 2021 00:00

django
jbwelda
Erik_Snow

jb

The name of the artist is Guy Peellaert. He also did the cover painting of It's Only R&R.

Indeed! Didn't the band-as-nazis drawing come his 1973 book "Rock Dreams"?
Iirc Jagger got that book then asked G.P. to do the artwork for the "IORR" album.

Date: May 23, 2021 00:06

Yes thats right, and I think I got the reprint of that particular piece from an article in Playboy or something at the time. Might have even been Warhol's rag.

jb

Date: May 23, 2021 01:20

The Rolling stones - Anybody Seen My Baby ( The Official Black Album)

Wouldnt leave this one laying on the
dining room table at Elenore's 80th birthday party .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 23, 2021 01:26

Ah my grandma Ellie (R.I.P.) had a sense of humor.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 23, 2021 01:38

django
jbwelda
Erik_Snow

jb

Iirc Jagger got that book then asked G.P. to do the artwork for the "IORR" album.

Date: May 23, 2021 01:42

django
jbwelda
Erik_Snow

jb

wait wait wait
so mick saw this painting depicting the stones as (i can only guess) nazi peodophiles and said wow thats great wanna do our album cover

the 70's were weird huh

Date: May 23, 2021 10:29

ProfessorWolf
wait wait wait
so mick saw this painting depicting the stones as (i can only guess) nazi peodophiles and said wow thats great wanna do our album cover

the 70's were weird huh

Let's say "transgressive". And certainly not as tight-arsed as our sad PC-plagued times. sad smiley

Date: May 24, 2021 01:10

ROCKMAN

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: May 24, 2021 01:51

"MORE VOLUMES TO COME!"

i wonder where this all started, and if it's true.

Date: May 24, 2021 01:56

Yeah thats what I tell my girlfriend every day ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 25, 2021 19:28

Didn't dig thru to see if posted already, but this one is a very cool vinyl box set..
Someone posted on twitter, said quality was excellent.

[www.discogs.com]

Date: May 25, 2021 19:33

I just received that set yesterday, have not had a chance to spin it yet, in fact was considering just leaving it sealed for now since I have listened to the CD so much lately.

I bought it for a lark and figured it was mastered from the same source as the cd so would not be much if any improvement, just a novelty.

I got one of the marble vinyl editions.

jb

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: May 25, 2021 19:36

The sound is more loud than CD issue! I like it!

Date: May 26, 2021 00:34

well at that price it's to much for me but maybe someone will release a 1 or 2 disc best of on vinyl or each volume seprate

Date: May 26, 2021 02:46

Yeah it is expensive (have you checked the price on any of those carnaby st specials?), but I figured what with mostly sitting around all last year I got some spare cash so why not. Totally an indulgence because much as I am tempted and much as I think it is stupid, I think I am going to leave it sealed. Anyone know of a head into the brick wall emoticon?

jb

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: May 26, 2021 04:24

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home