Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 10, 2021 14:27

MelBelli
I guess this violin on "Too Tight" is the same guy who played on "Any Way You Look At It"? Is it actually a violin?

I was just reading thru this thread again and discovered that question. Sorry if it has already been answered, but I think the fiddle player is a Norwegian musician named Hallvard Bjørgum.

He is a friend of Blondie Chaplin and appears on his solo album "Between Us". It has been claimed that Bjørgum was present at one of the Babylon sessions, so I guess the take with violin must be from that one. Hallvard was also backstage at the Athens show during the Babylon tour, where he gave Keith a copy of his album "Skjoldmøyslaget".

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Date: May 10, 2021 15:09

The Worst.
MelBelli
I guess this violin on "Too Tight" is the same guy who played on "Any Way You Look At It"? Is it actually a violin?

I was just reading thru this thread again and discovered that question. Sorry if it has already been answered, but I think the fiddle player is a Norwegian musician named Hallvard Bjørgum.

He is a friend of Blondie Chaplin and appears on his solo album "Between Us". It has been claimed that Bjørgum was present at one of the Babylon sessions, so I guess the take with violin must be from that one. Hallvard was also backstage at the Athens show during the Babylon tour, where he gave Keith a copy of his album "Skjoldmøyslaget".

Are you sure? I know him a bit. He's a hardcore folk-musician. However, he is friendly with Blondie, Lisa and Bernard (they played on his album, for which my wife made the cover).

It would be great if it were him, but is it his style? And isn't it a cello on Any Way You Look At It?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-10 15:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 10, 2021 15:21

I was talking about Too Tight, not Any Way You Look at It. I'm not 100 % sure that it is Bjørgum playing, but there has been a story that he played with Keith around for years. If you know him, why don't you ask him? But at least there's no doubt that they met in Athens in 1998.

Date: May 10, 2021 15:34

The Worst.
I was talking about Too Tight, not Any Way You Look at It. I'm not 100 % sure that it is Bjørgum playing, but there has been a story that he played with Keith around for years. If you know him, why don't you ask him? But at least there's no doubt that they met in Athens in 1998.

I know him only through my wife. I'll hear with him.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 11, 2021 09:23

Listened to this on youtube. The title track, Nobody's Perfect" should have been on an album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2021 09:31

Yep ... its a catchy number and then followed
by the low down grind of Troubles A Comin' ....oh babeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 14, 2021 08:20

Midnight Toker
Listened to this on youtube. The title track, Nobody's Perfect" should have been on an album.

Nobody’s Perfect is so catchy and so Mick

Date: May 14, 2021 12:18

Midnight Toker

How is Nobody's Perfect a title track? smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 14, 2021 18:15

Midnight Toker

We’re talking The Rolling Stones, right? This is more like a Bon Jovi outtake, it’s NOT one of the better songs on this collection of Stones outtake. It’s just…a song. Not a terribly good one. More Bon Jovi. The next track, Troubles a Comin’ is a stunner, and actually shows Nobody’s Perfect to BE just a bland … average, song.

Rod

Date: May 14, 2021 23:08

....one shouldn't look a gift horse in thee mouth

ROCKMAN

The Rolling Stones Chronicle Fully Finished Studio Outtakes (Expanded Edition)
Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: May 10, 2021 05:41

Any info on this one?
EBAY

---

---

“I got nasty habits; I take tea at three.”

Re: The Rolling Stones Chronicle Fully Finished Studio Outtakes (Expanded Edition)
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 10, 2021 06:19

Probably from the same sources as everyone else, with those extra trax announced here shortly after the original broke cover. Its amazing how many versions of this are popping up, most supposedly from Japan

jb

Re: The Rolling Stones Chronicle Fully Finished Studio Outtakes (Expanded Edition)
Date: May 10, 2021 09:23

Boot of the century ..... hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 10, 2021 09:33

jbwelda
...Its amazing how many versions of this are popping up, most supposedly from Japan

jb

The best artwork designer will win winking smiley

HMN

Date: May 10, 2021 09:55

First Talking, Slow Walking... smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 10, 2021 10:55

DandelionPowderman

another typo: Fiji Jam ....

Date: May 10, 2021 11:25

Irix
DandelionPowderman

another typo: Fiji Jam ....

That was actually a good one! smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2021 11:37

DandelionPowderman

That was actually a good one!

so is "Eliza Upchick"!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 11, 2021 21:26

long shot but could only found out yesterday and hurricane be new versions
don't know why they would put the finished, official, and as far as i know only versions of those song on here

Date: May 11, 2021 23:13

I never caught that Jim should be Jam. I figured it was named after some guy named Jim from Fiji.

jb

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: May 19, 2021 10:10

Is everybody over here aware that some bona fide retailers (the ‘usual suspects’ so to speak) have been taking pre-orders for “volume II”, which will contain 60 more outtakes in whopping 7 CD release, for quite some time (about 2 or 3 weeks) now?

...Or is this ‘the elephant in the room’? (If so I’ll get me coat…)

Date: May 19, 2021 10:19

7 CD set !!! ..... Bang-go !!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: May 19, 2021 10:24

that's a Wonderland Box, so it will be nothing new. (though I still like many of their releases)

Date: May 19, 2021 10:53

gavin95
that's a Wonderland Box, so it will be nothing new. (though I still like many of their releases)

I was told this was "the next set of fully finished outtakes" - so can you elabortate?
(P.S. I'm not a bootleg collector nor completist, and I'm not at all familiar with this 'Wonderland' - no clue to what or who that is...)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 19, 2021 11:34

deeeskannnie
gavin95

I was told this was "the next set of fully finished outtakes" - so can you elabortate?
(P.S. I'm not a bootleg collector nor completist, and I'm not at all familiar with this 'Wonderland' - no clue to what or who that is...)

All "Wonderland" releases/box sets features material downloaded from IORR or Dimeadozen, and many of their releases has gaps/silence between livetracks, wrong information on nthe sleeve, and/or are taken from MP3. Never anything "new" on Wonderland-bootlegs.

Date: May 19, 2021 11:46

Erik_Snow
deeeskannnie
gavin95

All "Wonderland" releases/box sets features material downloaded from IORR or Dimeadozen, and many of their releases has gaps/silence between livetracks, wrong information on nthe sleeve, and/or are taken from MP3. Never anything "new" on Wonderland-bootlegs.

Okido (thx!) - but what makes this a "Wonderland" box then?
There's no mention of it on the artwork, as far as I can see...

And, again, I was assured (by the ones who got me the the first release) this is to be the anticipated "second release of fully finished outtakes"...?

Date: May 19, 2021 19:46

"Capitan Acid"???

They steal shit and then don't even get the attribution right?

Pure jive.

Got any links to sellers?

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-19 19:50 by jbwelda.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: May 19, 2021 19:53

deeeskannnie
Erik_Snow
deeeskannnie
gavin95

Okido (thx!) - but what makes this a "Wonderland" box then?
There's no mention of it on the artwork, as far as I can see...

And, again, I was assured (by the ones who got me the the first release) this is to be the anticipated "second release of fully finished outtakes"...?

The artwork is a dead giveaway - also the 60 "new" outtakes would be the exact number expected: 50 from the "Fully Finished Studio Outtakes" plus 10 more from the Bridges to Babylon leak.

Date: May 19, 2021 23:27

The other thing I would wonder is how involved "Capitan" Acid is. My guess is not at all. So here he (presumably) is remastering bootleg and other material to be freely given away but now he is on the front cover of an illicit release that is being (again, presumably) sold for real money and not merely offered up for free download. That makes him a bootlegger instead of a mere engineer third party who never profited from any of his work (again, presumably).

So I am thinking the good Capitan is kinda kinked at this development and his name being used so freely. After all, I assume his real name is associated with at least one account using the Acid name. That leaves him open for some pretty nasty liability should some other party choose to pursue it.

Just sayin, I wouldn't want my name or even net ID on the cover of some bootleg like that.

jb

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:16

Is it me or are the vocals far lower in the mix on Fast Talkin vs. the ones floating around on YouTube for years?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home