Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 48
Re: Dreams to Remember Outtake
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:53

1982 -> all the dates for the FFSO tracks have been corrected and are listed here [iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:03

merci gotdablouse !

Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: March 9, 2021 19:51

I really agree about the quality of this title. The guitar work is very interesting and inspired. Moreover, it's a long title, which is developped bit by bit.
On of the best moment for me!
We are very lucky to be able to listen to this today. It helps through these sad periods of virus.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 7, 2021 23:31

This track is just fabolous.

Mick in particular is on fire here.

'I said 'for what!?''

Who plays piano on these soulful '82 jams?

Also, forgive my ignorance. Are these Undercover outtakes? Or for another planned project?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 7, 2021 23:35

'I said 'for what!?''

Well he's got like $360 million but now he wants to know why I want to borrow 20 bucks.. Mick's so greedy

Date: April 7, 2021 23:46

Yeah, that whole part is just hilarious, so righteous.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 7, 2021 23:48

One of their better cover tunes, and one of my favorites from the Fully Finished Studio Outtakes - they definitely give it their own Stonesy stamp.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 8, 2021 01:05

Drunk and on top of the world on the day I was born-

Cheers!smileys with beer

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 8, 2021 01:13

Sittin' here in silence with me chicken, beans drenched in habanero and listening to this beautiful track, and just dreamiiiinnnn....

Say what? I got dreams! To remember!smileys with beer

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 8, 2021 01:49

I love this track, definitely a contender for the top song in this collection IMHO.

Still in Love With You
Date: April 7, 2021 23:54

Who else loves this epic (in the real sense of the word) track?

So soulful, Keef howling away in the back. Piano and slide with a Layla feel.

To me this is close to the top shelf of soul-country ballads the Stones used to do so well.

Who knows anything about this track? Who plays piano? Also: Bill F'n Wyman.

Re: Still in Love With You
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 7, 2021 23:58

One of my favourites from FFSO

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 8, 2021 00:12

The best one

Date: April 8, 2021 00:43

One of the best surprises of FFSO ! That nice backing track had been available since way back when (old "Think You Like It" boot) and there was also a short vocal version and the longer "Ralph's Tune" version, but that Mick+Keith vocal really turned out great and takes it to another level. Sometimes it doesn't work, like on "Potted Shrimps" -> "Tell Her How It Is" that goes nowhere and it's easy to see why it wasn't used for Exile Deluxe.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2021 00:51

Soulful ...beautiful build ...
..... Hope S.A.G listens to it the dark ....Forever

ROCKMAN

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 10, 2021 21:26

Listened to Fast Talking earlier today and I’m pretty sure that’s Richards on electric guitar. There are a lot of little staccato lines in there which we know he loves.

I’m not sure about piano though. I was thinking it was Preston for a while but some parts sound like Hopkins.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 10, 2021 22:29

gotdablouse
One of the best surprises of FFSO ! That nice backing track had been available since way back when (old "Think You Like It" boot) and there was also a short vocal version and the longer "Ralph's Tune" version, but that Mick+Keith vocal really turned out great and takes it to another level. Sometimes it doesn't work, like on "Potted Shrimps" -> "Tell Her How It Is" that goes nowhere and it's easy to see why it wasn't used for Exile Deluxe.

That's because "Potted Shrimps" is such an interesting instrumental that could stay well without any vocals. But the same could also be said about "Aladdin Story/So Divine" where the vocals don't quite gel with the backing track and sound forced. "Dancing In The Light" could have sounded a lot better if the vocals were not so prominently mixed "in your face", totally unlike a lot of the original "Exile"-tracks.

Anyway, it's obviously difficult even for a pro like Mick to find suitable vocal arrangements for certain standout instrumental tracks. Hell, sometimes music speaks for itself and simply does not need vocals! This probably also goes for "Separately" that is also a "standalone" beauty without any vocals. Yes, I know Taylor's solo version, but that has hardly anything to do with the original Stones instrumental - having lost almost any of its original melodic and atmospheric magic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-10 22:34 by retired_dog.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 11, 2021 15:53

Is there any artwork available for the recent 7 or 9 tracks recently put up here on IORR?
Only seen the list of the tracks put up by Davie, who was good enough to share them with us all. smileys with beer

Date: April 13, 2021 00:29

Cookin' Up on CD#2 is cookin' up something fierce...Micks vocals are a bit sloppy rough, but in a sloppy rough good way.
Another take or two and voila, it would have been another classic stomping Stones tune in the same vein as Lies, Whip Comes Down, Respectable, Summer Romance, et al.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: April 13, 2021 05:58

crawdaddy
Is there any artwork available for the recent 7 or 9 tracks recently put up here on IORR?
Only seen the list of the tracks put up by Davie, who was good enough to share them with us all. smileys with beer

This is close but I do not know how to grab it of the page.

[www.neofaust.com]

Date: April 13, 2021 12:07

TravellinMan
crawdaddy

[www.neofaust.com]

aka as "Straight Outta HS on IORR" ! Gotta give these guys credit for having their ear close to the ground ;-)

--------------

Date: April 13, 2021 13:26

Thanks for posting the link TravellinMan. smileys with beer

Date: April 14, 2021 03:28

TravellinMan
crawdaddy

[www.neofaust.com]

Thanks for posting TravellinMan - thumbs up - here's screenshots of both:

After a few initial listens start to finish when first leaked, I'm still slowly but surely making my way through the 3 cd set, and enjoying every minute...repeated listens, and hearing new and different things every time.
And I haven't even fully moved on to CD#3 yet which will go in my car cd player tomorrow where it will reside until the full digestion process is complete - maybe for a whole week.
Eventually when that's finished, will move back to CD #1, CD#2, then on shuffle, back and forth, and repeat throughout the rest of Spring and in to the summer.
Amazing feeling to have "new" Stones material, and something I don't take for granted - after all it's been 16 long years and counting since a new album of originals.............

Date: April 14, 2021 17:04

Thanks so much for the screenshots Hairball.smileys with beer

Date: April 14, 2021 19:36

Why not get the actual pictures directly ?

Here they are :

[www.neofaust.com]

[www.neofaust.com]

--------------

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 14, 2021 20:01

Hairball
Cookin' Up on CD#2 is cookin' up something fierce...Micks vocals are a bit sloppy rough, but in a sloppy rough good way.
Another take or two and voila, it would have been another classic stomping Stones tune in the same vein as Lies, Whip Comes Down, Respectable, Summer Romance, et al.

My prefer outtake thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2021 20:14

gotdablouse
Why not get the actual pictures directly ?

Good question - I tried to right click and save yesterday, but something wasn't working so captured images via screenshot.
Must have been a temporary glitch with my system, but it all seems to work fine now.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: April 14, 2021 20:53

gotdablouse
TravellinMan
crawdaddy

[www.neofaust.com]

aka as "Straight Outta HS on IORR" ! Gotta give these guys credit for having their ear close to the ground ;-)

The picture of the band on the front cover lower left mimics a classic Three Stooges pose.

Thanks to you and Hairball for posting the covers here.

Date: April 16, 2021 00:03

I've got the tracks 1-9 on there but where is track 10, Strictly Memphis.

Am I missing something here. ? confused smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 16, 2021 01:35

Built This Way could've been a Dr.John track.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1330
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home