Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 27, 2021 03:32

Irix
Monkeytonkman

Anyone know how you can get hold of a physical copy?

Try it on [www.eBay.com] .

Why are there NO US eBay sellers? Are the anti-piracy laws tougher?

plexi

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 27, 2021 05:05

four on ebay .....
Couple from Japan and couple outta UK

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: March 27, 2021 10:12

I'm hoping the next set of CD's will include 'Had it With You' with the bass guitar restored.

As for Eliza, I'm puzzled by the word hideous. When I listen to Eliza, my feet start tapping and a big smile spreads across my face. Sure it could be improved by a finished, properly sung lyric but... that moment when Jagger shouts 'Woohoo' three times is just great - a real good to be alive moment. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic) I wouldn't put it on the album but it would have been a great B Side one day- a far better shot at rock and roll than ''Im Gonna Drove' for example.

By comparison I find 'Deep Love' to be hard work. I could dance (badly) to Eliza but not to Deep Love.

...and some users have suggested versions of Dirty Work without Sleep Tonight, one of my favourite Keef ballads and and even without 'Winning Ugly' which IMHO has some of Keefs best ever guitar work. And also,they've included 'I can't see no-one else' which sounds to me like a bunch of cats being tortured and drowned.

It's all about opinions I guess smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2021 15:01

Not sure about the cats but it's pretty clearly an early "One Hit" so it wouldn't make sense to have both, as a side note Rocky Dijon once posted here that DW was called 19 Stitches at some point and had the following songs Strictly Memphis, Nobody's Perfect, Deep Love, Crushed Pearl, You're Too Much, Treat Me Like a Fool, Some of Us Are On Our Knees, Your Love, and I Can't See Nobody. He didn't specify but I suppose he'd read that in Beggars' Banquet. I'm guessing "Your Love" is "Something I Want/What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love". It seemed odd to him that there were so many Keith vocals but speculated that some had Mick's on the final version. We now know it was the case for "Deep Love".

Oh and the more I think of it FFSO must be what had been put together by Don Was for the "Memory Hotel" project that was in the air between 1999 and 2001 and that apparently got nixed by Mick. Why it's not chronological is a bit of a mystery but maybe that was done to "distract" from the source.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 15:16 by gotdablouse.

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: smangold99 ()
Date: March 27, 2021 19:42

hello- how can i download this?

thanks

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 27, 2021 20:04

"Fiji Jim".

Probably one of the biggest of those 'Stones-by-numbers' of the lot, and I do very well understand that they didn't want top release at the time. But shit, if Bobby Dylan can make millions songs out of the basic blues scale scheme, and everybody's cheearing and saying how brillant those are, well, hearing the Stones do just one - well... What the Stones are losing in lyric department in regard to Zimmy, they more than compansate that with the incredible groove of theirs - those beautiful bastards of Muddy Waters Band. No matter how wonderful Dylans's bands are, the Stones are just sexier...

Oh man, I do like "Fiji Jim" so much, even though it is not even close the best songs of this wonderful relaese. Thrilling times listening to this stuff, people....

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 20:06 by Doxa.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 27, 2021 20:19

If using Ebay always be sure to ask if the cds are original factory pressed silvers if not specified. Been burned just enough times to chalk it up as the price of an education. If they answer not sure then don’t believe them and assume it is fake and made on some crooks pc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 20:20 by shadooby.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: March 27, 2021 22:58

When I looked at the auctions on eBay, one of them seemed to be the real deal, the other was confusing as it showed a stock photo but also admitted in his auction that he was sending you CDR copies.
Confusing!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 27, 2021 23:04

Yeah watch out some sellers try to play dumb and hope you’re stupid even when they know darned well they’re trying to pass off cdrs with printed labels they made on their computers. Anybody with a pc and printer and a little bit of know how can do it. Ask for scans of label and media side of disc. Another trick they try is calling them “fan made” in the description which means cdr copies they made for pennies on their home computers. Beware and be careful. Oh and if any of you reading this try to pull this sh!t, shame on you. If it’s a homemade copy boldly state it in the title and description. A lot of times too when asked they try to say “oh I don’t know I bought it a long time ago” which translates to “I know damned well it’s a cdr I am just hoping you’re to ignorant to know the difference”. Hope this helps my friends here.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 23:18 by shadooby.

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: March 27, 2021 23:33

hi, does anyone have the link so i can download this please?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2021 00:26

Been focusing on CD one while keeping it in the car the last few days...almost at the full absorption point when certain melodies, riffs, lines, etc. start popping in my head randomly throughout the day and night when not even listening to cd's or computer files. Have to say I've even warmed to Nobody's Perfect which I initially thought of as sort of an inferior wimpy dud, but lots of little nuances to discover and enjoy. Still find it a bit weak compared to some of the other nuggets, but have to say it's more pleasant than much of the officially released material from the last several decades. Still gravitating towards Dogshit amongst my favorites on cd 1, though there are other great ones. Since I didn't print out the track listing yet which is saved on my laptop, I'm sort of blindly listening w/out knowing the names of every single track yet while driving around town - have to wait until I get to my laptop to figure some of it out, but am slowly but surely memorizing it all. And while some were familiar from various boots, all in all an amazing new gold mine, and I want to savor it as much as possible ....

Looking forward to phase II of the full absorption process with CD 2...and eventually phase III with CD 3...this massive release will keep most of us busy and happy for months to come, and no doubt will always be a time capsule/soundtrack of early 2021 the same way Some Girls was for the summer of '78 for example. Gonna take it all low and slow....been a long time since getting so much "new" Stones material, and to get it all at once!

PS: She's Doing Her Thing....love it...and...is there still going to be another massive leak as was previously mentioned? Curious minds want to know.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 28, 2021 00:33

If they are fake you can always ask help from Paypal and get your money back.

Rigth now I see five on Ebay:

the one from England looks an original one, the Mayflower too, but the other three are looking very suspicious. The Sticky Code label is a cd-r only label anyway.

Edit: I now see another one from Argentina, that's also a cd-r version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-28 00:38 by GJV.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 28, 2021 07:40

Forgive my ignorance, but why do some want to spend a lot of money on 'factory pressed' CDs, when they can just burn their own CD at home, or just connect their computer up with their sound system?

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 28, 2021 11:56

peoplewitheyes
Forgive my ignorance, but why do some want to spend a lot of money on 'factory pressed' CDs, when they can just burn their own CD at home, or just connect their computer up with their sound system?

Because I have so much money that I don't know on what to spend it. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-28 13:37 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 28, 2021 12:05

...er we're talking about a bootleg here
confused smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2021 12:58

..okay lets get back to the midnight rambler then .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 28, 2021 14:00

deardoctor
Mathijs
it's_all_wrong
Nobody's Perfect is a little plain-sounding but a million times more pleasant than anything Mick ended up contributing to Dirty Work. In general I'm just floored that they chose to release what they did over this track, Deep Love, Strictly Memphis and a few others. They had the material for a perfectly decent latter-day Stones album and just completely shat the bed

I fully agree, the album could have been so much better! And especially Strictly Memphis -I find this their best post Tattoo You song, a fantastic hit, a fantastic Stones track. It's just mind boggling they didn't use it on the album and as first single. Jagger later took it to band rehearsals for the 1988 solo tour, but again not used...

Mathijs

Are you sure? StRICKTLY MEMPHIS? You don´t confound it with ONE HIT, which he rehearsed solo? I´d love to hear that.

Ok, no information by anybody - so there is probably no Strictly Memphis aside the DW-sessions

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 28, 2021 16:40

peoplewitheyes

It's all about the cover, the booklet and the smell mate, the wonderful smell. Won't get that from a simple cd-r. The physical product is a must, I really hope they will release all of these recordings officially at some point although I doubt it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 28, 2021 16:42

Doxa
"Fiji Jim".

Probably one of the biggest of those 'Stones-by-numbers' of the lot, and I do very well understand that they didn't want top release at the time. But shit, if Bobby Dylan can make millions songs out of the basic blues scale scheme, and everybody's cheearing and saying how brillant those are, well, hearing the Stones do just one - well... What the Stones are losing in lyric department in regard to Zimmy, they more than compansate that with the incredible groove of theirs - those beautiful bastards of Muddy Waters Band. No matter how wonderful Dylans's bands are, the Stones are just sexier...

Oh man, I do like "Fiji Jim" so much, even though it is not even close the best songs of this wonderful relaese. Thrilling times listening to this stuff, people....

- Doxa

AMEN smileys with beer

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 28, 2021 17:07

I'm determined to get this down to one CD of my absolute favorites. It's going to be brutal, since some good tracks will have to be cut. But it has to be possible.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 28, 2021 19:54

jahisnotdead
I'm determined to get this down to one CD of my absolute favorites. It's going to be brutal, since some good tracks will have to be cut. But it has to be possible.

Haha i tried it too, it can't be done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-28 19:55 by U2Stonesfan.

Date: March 28, 2021 23:14

U2Stonesfan
jahisnotdead

Haha i tried it too, it can't be done!

It's definitely a great problem to have!

Date: March 29, 2021 01:24

hey can you tell me where to get the link?

Date: March 29, 2021 01:25

hey how did you download?

Date: March 29, 2021 03:26

smangold99
hey how did you download?

This link is the most recent one here.

Date: March 29, 2021 03:39

*****ROLLING STONES*****
"Exile On Tattoo Street"

Their brand new album!

Featuring the smash-hit songs:

1. Strictly Memphis
2. Hands Off
3. Built That Way
4. Desperate Man
5. Dreams To Remember
6. Sanctuary
7. Ivy League
8. Deep Love
9. Not The Way To Go
10. Eliza Upchink
11. I Tried To Talk Her Into It
12. I Can't See No One Else
13. Fast Talking, Slow Walking
14. Dog Shit
15. Can't Find Love

Available on vinyl, compact disc, cassette, and digital download
Wherever fine musical products are sold.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 29, 2021 04:41

jahisnotdead

*****ROLLING STONES*****
"Exile On Tattoo Street"

Their brand new album!

1. Strictly Memphis
2. Hands Off
3. Built That Way
4. Desperate Man
5. Dreams To Remember
6. Sanctuary
7. Ivy League
8. Deep Love
9. Not The Way To Go
10. Eliza Upchink
14. Dog Shit
15. Can't Find Love

Available on vinyl, compact disc, cassette, and digital download
Wherever fine musical products are sold.

If this is your absolute favorites on 1 cd, you did a pretty good job!

Date: March 29, 2021 06:02

U2Stonesfan
If this is your absolute favorites on 1 cd, you did a pretty good job!

Thanks! As you well know, it wasn't easy at all. I have my favorites of all the songs I hadn't heard before this release all burned to two discs already, but really wanted to get the creme de la creme all on one disc. Having them on two discs helped a bit because I could kind of see the ones that I love and the ones I just liked a lot lol.

Now I'll have to make a list of the rest of the songs I like and see what it looks and sounds like.

Again, it's a great problem to have, this embarrassment of riches. I'm glad I was able to hear it. It's just so fantastic to have any new Stones music at all, much less this much good stuff.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 29, 2021 10:22

jahisnotdead

*****ROLLING STONES*****

Their brand new album!

1. Strictly Memphis
2. Hands Off
3. Built That Way
4. Desperate Man
5. Dreams To Remember
6. Sanctuary
7. Ivy League
8. Deep Love
9. Not The Way To Go
10. Eliza Upchink
14. Dog Shit
15. Can't Find Love

Good choice but whatever selection you might come up with it'll still sound like a bunch of disparate tracks, from different eras with a different feel.
And in retrospect it makes Tattoo You all the more stunning, as at the time nobody noticed the songs from that album came from different sessions.

Otoh you can listen to these new outtakes from the same recording date (74-75, 82, 85 or 97) and they have a very strong cohesion.
In other words they would make fantastic EP's.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-29 14:41 by dcba.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 29, 2021 12:28

peoplewitheyes

The only Download I've ever had anything to do with is at Castle Donington, as for burning? I've been burned before man, or is that a Deep purple album?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-29 14:40 by Monkeytonkman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home