Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 24, 2021 21:13

Me too, like I wrote a couple times too many already, "cheesy but catchy" ;-)

Good catch on the "stuttering" BTW !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 24, 2021 22:43

Well, "Nobody's Perfect" seems to be the most talked cut of the whole lot... (but great insights here!)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 22:44 by Doxa.

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: March 25, 2021 00:45

Nobody's Perfect is a little plain-sounding but a million times more pleasant than anything Mick ended up contributing to Dirty Work. In general I'm just floored that they chose to release what they did over this track, Deep Love, Strictly Memphis and a few others. They had the material for a perfectly decent latter-day Stones album and just completely shat the bed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 00:46 by it's_all_wrong.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2021 03:54

it's_all_wrong
Nobody's Perfect is a little plain-sounding but a million times more pleasant than anything Mick ended up contributing to Dirty Work. In general I'm just floored that they chose to release what they did over this track, Deep Love, Strictly Memphis and a few others. They had the material for a perfectly decent latter-day Stones album and just completely shat the bed

That's a little harsh, after all, nobody's perfect.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2021 05:59

20 NIL ..... the birth of Low Down ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 25, 2021 09:23

Yes that was my first thought on hearing it, especially since it was said to be the first song they worked on for B2B at the end of 96. I wonder why Keith took a crack at the vocal though if it was a "real" collaboration.

As for DW, yes it could have been very different, I suppose they decided to stick to the "dirty" songs for a common theme, i.e. mean/threatening. In hindsight they likely wish they had done it differently.Add Deep Love , replace Had it With You by Eliza, Hold Back by Memphis, BTZ by NP, Too Rude by What Are You Gonna Do, Winning Ugly by the WU London Mix and it's a whole different picture.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 10:59 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 25, 2021 09:32

I've not fully listened to these all yet and I've not read all the thread, so my apologizes if this has already been written but isn't "Dreams To Remember" very very close to "Pain In My Heart"?
Bye, Luca

Date: March 25, 2021 09:42

Dreams to remember is an Otis Redding song
penned by his wife ... Stones have used the
base of the song with Mick sing different lyrics over it ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 25, 2021 11:45

it's_all_wrong

I fully agree, the album could have been so much better! And especially Strictly Memphis -I find this their best post Tattoo You song, a fantastic hit, a fantastic Stones track. It's just mind boggling they didn't use it on the album and as first single. Jagger later took it to band rehearsals for the 1988 solo tour, but again not used...

Mathijs

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 25, 2021 12:13

gotdablouse
Yes that was my first thought on hearing it, especially since it was said to be the first song they worked on for B2B at the end of 96. I wonder why Keith took a crack at the vocal though if it was a "real" collaboration.

As for DW, yes it could have been very different, I suppose they decided to stick to the "dirty" songs for a common theme, i.e. mean/threatening. In hindsight they likely wish they had done it differently.Add Deep Love , replace Had it With You by Eliza, Hold Back by Memphis, BTZ by NP, Too Rude by What Are You Gonna Do, Winning Ugly by the WU London Mix and it's a whole different picture.

Each to their own of course, but Eliza Upchink is truly hideous. Stones doodling on auto pilot. Hate it. Deep Love, on the other hand, a fully finished, fully fledged Stones rock classic. Why THAT wasn’t on Dirty Work in lieu of Winning Ugly or Too Rude just beggars belief.

Rod

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 25, 2021 13:16

Rockman
Dreams to remember is an Otis Redding song
penned by his wife ... Stones have used the
base of the song with Mick sing different lyrics over it ..

THANKS

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 25, 2021 13:45

ryanpow
Eleanor Rigby
dcba
ryanpow

Another giveaway is this thing he does during the verses of Nobody's Perfect that he did in the mid 80's where he "staggers" the lines, so he's singing in 3/4 time over the 4/4 beat. On One Hit to the Body he does it on the line "did me some permanent harm" and on Ruthless people when he sings "It might take the rest of your life".

The big question is how Mick could talk Keith (and to a lesser extend Ron) to record this piece of crap. Maybe it was the result of some in-band diplomatic game. Like :
Keith : "hey Ron if we record this turd for Mick maybe he'll mellow a bit and accept to go on tour behind DW? Yeah I know the tune is worse than Duran Duran, but hey plug your nose!".

Maybe they are all in this together afterall?

But surely keith would never do this...

It's actually not a bad song, IMO.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek

I like it also...just seems like any song that sounds like a Jagger-solo song gets smashed down by people.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 25, 2021 14:41

Mathijs
it's_all_wrong

I fully agree, the album could have been so much better! And especially Strictly Memphis -I find this their best post Tattoo You song, a fantastic hit, a fantastic Stones track. It's just mind boggling they didn't use it on the album and as first single. Jagger later took it to band rehearsals for the 1988 solo tour, but again not used...

Mathijs

Are you sure? StRICKTLY MEMPHIS? You don´t confound it with ONE HIT, which he rehearsed solo? I´d love to hear that.

Date: March 25, 2021 15:31

bitusa2012
gotdablouse

Each to their own of course, but Eliza Upchink is truly hideous. Stones doodling on auto pilot. Hate it. Deep Love, on the other hand, a fully finished, fully fledged Stones rock classic. Why THAT wasn’t on Dirty Work in lieu of Winning Ugly or Too Rude just beggars belief.

How is Eliza "hideous" ?! In its FFSO version it's at the very least 100x better than its "Had it with You" cousin, truly catchy and maybe Keith's best Boogie RnR guitar sound ever, listen to that intro, not to mention Stu's exquisite Boogie piano, Stones meet JLL, what's not to like ! Can't say I really care about the "theme" of the song but it would have fit rather well with the DW "concept" and it's vaguely unusual for them.

--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 15:42 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 25, 2021 16:44

How is Eliza "hideous" ?! In its FFSO version it's at the very least 100x better than its "Had it with You" cousin, truly catchy and maybe Keith's best Boogie RnR guitar sound ever, listen to that intro, not to mention Stu's exquisite Boogie piano, Stones meet JLL, what's not to like ! Can't say I really care about the "theme" of the song but it would have fit rather well with the DW "concept" and it's vaguely unusual for them.[/quote]

If a Jagger-whine over a Chuck Berry pastiche floats your boat, goodo. Dreadful.

Rod

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 25, 2021 20:27

Anyone know how you can get hold of a physical copy? I really want to listen to the sh1t out of it. My It skills kinda suck though

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 25, 2021 20:54

Eliza is awesome.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 25, 2021 21:05

Eliza starts out underwhelming, but after 10 seconds or so it's really fun to listen to. It feels like your in the studio while they're jamming. I love the piano playing in it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 21:15 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 25, 2021 21:56

Monkeytonkman

Anyone know how you can get hold of a physical copy?

Try it on [www.eBay.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 22:10 by Irix.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 25, 2021 23:02

Any whisper on when the second (and third) volumes might be coming?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 25, 2021 23:27

I am playing bass by ear to Desperate Man and Sanctuary right now. So much fun. Don't know if I'm doing it right, but I'm having a blast.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 26, 2021 00:03

Had It With You was the best track on DW. Eliza and Memphis would have added a lot. Just my 2¢... smoking smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 26, 2021 00:55

Monkeytonkman
Anyone know how you can get hold of a physical copy? I really want to listen to the sh1t out of it. My It skills kinda suck though

YOU CAN DO IT

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2021 01:43

Can't get enough of this stuff - of course not all is great, but we need MORE Stone whether it's official or not.
Wondering what's up their sleeves for the 60th anniversary...hopefully at least one brand new tune officially released...even a cover tune at this point would be nice. Can't wait o find out. thumbs up

Date: March 26, 2021 01:48

...it'll be a one sided single
but the this time track will be on the B-side ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2021 13:24

Monkeytonkman

I downloaded it and burned to 3 CDs - and my computer skills are VERY limited.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: March 26, 2021 15:58

My alternate dirty work:

One hit to the body
Strictly menphis
Eliza
Putty in your hands
Can´t see no one else
Deep Love
Had it with you
Nobody's perfect
Harlem shuffle
Don`t lie to me
What I am gonna do with your love

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 26, 2021 16:03

plusplusjames
Had It With You was the best track on DW. Eliza and Memphis would have added a lot. Just my 2¢... smoking smiley

Yeah, "Had it With You" is one of the few songs I really like on DW, I don't understand the dislike of that one. Great guitars, vocals/harp, drum crash at the end. A basic Stones rocker. What's not to like?

Eliza, Deep Love and What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love would have been great...Strictly Memphis is fine and would have been a good inclusion too (though it seems a little too 80's candyass in style), but Eliza, Deep Love, and What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love are the real losses for me.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 26, 2021 16:53

Monkeytonkman

My computer skills are very limited as well.
Downloaded the 50 tracks from one of the links on this thread and done a Google search for best free burning sites and picked Ashampoo.
Very easy to download the 50 song's as well as the Burning website.
Got some blank CD's from Poundland and followed the prompts and eventually managed to get 3 lots of 3 CD's with the 50 song's.
If you get CDRs you have to keep adding songs until the full amount of say Volume 1,or else if you just put a couple of tracks on and then start burning,you can't add any more.
I made that mistake with the very first song.
Doesn't matter if you use CDRW where you can start again.
Great audio quality especially with headphones.
Hope this helps but I managed to get there in the end.smileys with beer

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 26, 2021 17:51

Thanks for the advice and help.
Might have a go on the ebay. If not wait for the record fairs to open back up and try to snag a copy that way.

Much love my friends

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home